Good enough motherboard

Hi guys ,

I am building a computer for software development purposes (coding ,running virtual machines and maybe I will be doing some designing)   ....

I am not going to game on this computer ,and what I am looking for is a pc that can handle heavy multitasking as well as work for very long hours."So I need your help to pick the right motherboard ".

.I will be using Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor

.I will need no more than 32GB of RAM, 2TB of storage and 240 GB ssd.

.I didn't choose the video card yet but I wont need to use multiple ones

.I want to have an ATX board ,I have been suggested to use Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard but  I think it's a bit overrated .

I appreciate your help 

Hi guys ,

I am building a computer for software development purposes (coding ,running virtual machines and maybe I will be doing some designing)   ....

I am not going to game on this computer ,and what I am looking for is a pc that can handle heavy multitasking as well as work for very long hours."So I need your help to pick the right motherboard ".

.I want to have an ATX board ,I have been suggested to use Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard but  I think it's a bit overrated .

I appreciate your help 

If you're not going to have a K-SKU processor I'd go for a Xeon, but then you'd definitely need a graphics card.

What's your budget?

Sig under construction.

If you're not going to have a K-SKU processor I'd go for a Xeon, but then you'd definitely need a graphics card.

What's your budget?

1000$-1200$ for the whole build........that will be 100$-120$ for the motherboard 

Hi guys ,

I appreciate your help

Try downloading more RAM for that motherboard. You will be fine.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

How is it overrated? 

Dunno actually xD  but I found ones that will work and would cost below 100 $ 

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch