How long has ATX been the same measurements?

Jedicake

Let's just say my friend is on a very very tight budget, and his PC case is from 1998. Was the ATX form factor the same back then? Also is it unwise to use a case from 1998 lol

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

nope atx was thinner back then i have a motherboard from 2002 and the board is considerably thinner. same height and wholes tho so might work

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Let's just say my friend is on a very very tight budget, and his PC case is from 1998. Was the ATX form factor the same back then? Also is it unwise to use a case from 1998 lol

The official ATX specifications were released by Intel in 1995 and have been revised numerous times since. The most recent ATX motherboard specification is version 2.2.[2] The most recent ATX12V power supply unit specification is 2.31,[3] released in February 2008.
- Wikipedia.

If you're in doubt, measure it. And an older case just won't have as many nice features.

Sig under construction.

It hasn't changed in measurement AFAIK.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just throw any ATX mb in there to see if it fits to make sure it isn't AT

This is a signature.

it doesn't change.

however you might have problem with power switch

back then power button is a real ON/OFF switch

but it's quite easy to mod it if you were ok doing that stuff.

No changes in the physical size of the ATX specs. It's a standard and all board makers must follow that standard. A ATX case from 1998 will sitll fit ATX boards of today.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

it doesn't change.

however you might have problem with power switch

back then power button is a real ON/OFF switch

but it's quite easy to mod it if you were ok doing that stuff.

OK I'm worried about this, what do you mean? My friend took a pic of him power connector in his case and it looks exactly like modern ones with two holes

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

OK I'm worried about this, what do you mean? My friend took a pic of him power connector in his case and it looks exactly like modern ones with two holes

not the connector to MB

but power button in front the case

not the connector to MB

but power button in front the case

Ohhhhh. Interesting.