So what is best in this build?

GTX960 Asus Strix 4GB

MSI H97-E33

i5 4590

or

Intel Xeon E3-1230

Im worried the Xeon wont perform well in games as it is a "workstaion CPU"

Thanks!

Future Build: Intel Core i7 4790 | MSI GTX960 2GB | B85M-P33 | XFX TSPRO 550W | CM K350 | Kingston HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | WD Caviar Blue 1TB <p>

GTX960 Asus Strix 4GB

MSI H97-E33

i5 4590

or

Intel Xeon E3-1230

Thanks!

What are you wanting to do with this build?

If this is for gaming:

Depending on your budget I'd spend more on a graphics card and go with something like a core i3.

Sig under construction.

Xeon's perform exacly the same as i5-i7.

Only difference is Xeon's have gone through more testing, but that's it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

What are you wanting to do with this build?

Depending on your budget I'd spend more on a graphics card and go with something like a core i3.

Ok! Also does the H97 board work with the Xeon?

Future Build: Intel Core i7 4790 | MSI GTX960 2GB | B85M-P33 | XFX TSPRO 550W | CM K350 | Kingston HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | WD Caviar Blue 1TB <p>

Keep in mind that Xeons also can't overclock, making them less suitable for gaming. In addition, they're not really made for games, as they generally use more slow cores, unlike games which like few fast cores.

apparently linus overclocked his xeons

Keep in mind that Xeons also can't overclock, making them less suitable for gaming. In addition, they're not really made for games, as they generally use more slow cores, unlike games which like few fast cores.

He suggested 4590 so no OC'ing that either.

And it all depends what's he going to do exacly, and tbh games are getting very good in using multiple cores.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Xeon E3 series CPUs are basically Core i7s, though the lowest end E3-1220v3 and E3-1225v3 are like i5 with 2MB more L3 cache.

GTX960 Asus Strix 4GB

MSI H97-E33

i5 4590

or

Intel Xeon E3-1230

Thanks!

Get the i5, drop to 8GB RAM, and take the $100 saved from CPU and RAM to put towards a GTX 970.

from 16 to 8 drops 40 quid , and the xeon is 3 quid cheaper than the i5 , cri evri tiem ;(