I think I'm in heaven

roboplex22

Ok so I posted a couple topics last week about how my Architecture Class's computers were probably starving for air. Well I never actually signed up for the Architecture class. I actually signed up for IT (duh), and I just got my schedule fixed. I am so glad I got it fixed. The first thing my teacher said when I came into his class was "Have you ever re-seated memory before?" The Advanced IT students are pretty much the school's Geek Squad. They go around fixing the PCs and doing whatever IT help the school needs.I think this is amazing. Not only will we be ready for whatever jobs we come across in Tech Support, but at least for 45 minutes a day, I'll be doing something I actually love (and I'll probably meet some new people who have similar interests to mine). I thought you guys would like to know about it. Do any of your schools have programs similar to this?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

comp sci ap 

but it has idiots who dont know the difference between a modulo and a or operator -_-

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

My IT class is full of wannabe tech experts when all they do is play minecraft and csgo.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Yup Took AP computer Science. There were smart people in there but what's sad is programmers in training have no idea what the hell power supply rails are. They think they are rails used to slide a PSU in a computer...I died laughing.

Thanks!

Chris R.

My previous school had an IT program, the first year we made fun of the teacher because she told us there goes 5V through a CPU and the 2nd year we had another teacher and we didn't so shit. We took our book and bundle, copied things from the book into the bundle and hey presto 85% suddenly appeared... After that we gamed, watched anime's or whatever. We did what we wanted to do.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

My previous school had an IT program, the first year we made fun of the teacher because she told us there goes 5V through a CPU and the 2nd year we had another teacher and we didn't so shit. We took our book and bundle, copied things from the book into the bundle and hey presto 85% suddenly appeared... After that we gamed, watched anime's or whatever. We did what we wanted to do.

Geez I wish I had that class in High school now

Thanks!

Chris R.

Ok so I posted a couple topics last week about how my Architecture Class's computers were probably starving for air. Well I never actually signed up for the Architecture class. I actually signed up for IT (duh), and I just got my schedule fixed. I am so glad I got it fixed. The first thing my teacher said when I came into his class was "Have you ever re-seated memory before?" The Advanced IT students are pretty much the school's Geek Squad. They go around fixing the PCs and doing whatever IT help the school needs.I think this is amazing. Not only will we be ready for whatever jobs we come across in Tech Support, but at least for 45 minutes a day, I'll be doing something I actually love (and I'll probably meet some new people who have similar interests to mine). I thought you guys would like to know about it. Do any of your schools have programs similar to this?

Nice!

For my computer hardware class (where I got my testout PC Pro certification which is equivalent to the comptia a+ certification) because I got certified like three weeks into the semester and that's all the class really was, I would be sent to help other teachers with tech stuff, like I was helping one of the business teachers hook two projectors up to their pc and a 2nd pc, ended up getting most of it done by the end of the semester, the main limiter in that was waiting for them to get around to buying the stuff that was needed to complete the job and then waiting for it to arrive... but I at least got it set up most of the way, just needed to build the teacher a new computer lol

then I also helped a few other teachers set up printers and such, and assisted in building roughly 34 computers for that same teachers classroom that I mentioned above, and I think 6 more for the classroom for the computer hardware class :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Geez I wish I had that class in High school now

Come to belgium! They don't know shit about computers here.

My final exam at my first year was so easy btw, if i got that exam before i had any lessons i would have passed it ez pz.

I mean it had questions like "what means BIOS" and "how does a wireless keyboard work" and shit like that :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

got no money

got shitty pcs

-__-

wannabe you

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

got no money

got shitty pcs

-__-

wannabe you

Never said we had good PCs xD. They're really old Core 2 Duo Gateways running XP that the district has been using since I was in Elementary School. Except for the tech/architecture classes which have the Dells with the i7-2600s. These are the only pics I could find of the gateways. 

662330bf-0fc6-4ae7-921b-dd023b477ea5.jpg

gateway_fpd_1765_17__lcd_monitor_wvideo_

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

My high school had shitty computer courses. I remember one that must have been paid for by IBM, because the entire textbook was about how OS/2 was going to kill off Windows, DOS, and Mac. You guys are lucky you actually learn useful things in your high schools. I didn't learn shit about shit until college.

Lucky bastard.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

shit about shit

I say this every day, almost in the same context but still relative. 

Don't hate on the old PC's most businesses run on these clunkers. Where I work we have a 8 year life cycle for computers, and that is after a refresh. those gateways are at least small we ran these bad boys. To bring up relics we also have a windows NT machine that is still in production from 1997. 

745%20tower.jpg

comp sci ap 

but it has idiots who dont know the difference between a modulo and a or operator -_-

HAHAHA

im learning modulo on codeacademy javascript right now

pls no h8

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"