All ARM chips to automatically connect to IBM IoT

jos
As of June 2015, over 11 billion processors based on the British chipmaker's latest design have shipped.  A new partnership between ARM and IBM is going to start connecting them to the Internet more easily.  going forward, the more than 1 billion ARM chips that ship every quarter to come will connect automatically to IBM's Internet of Things platform. 

Connecting all to IBM IoT automatically  is just great. hope it wont impact the chips pricing...

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ibm-partners-with-arm-to-connect-understand-expanding-an-internet-of-things_55e88949e4b0c818f61b28d4?section=india&adsSiteOverride=in

Behold.  The future!  All things connected.  All privacy gone.  A world where nobody can be blackmailed, because we all know what our next-door neighbor searches at four in the morning when his family is asleep.  We know, Tim.  We know.

Errrm.

Judging from this IBM announcement, it seems to be limited to the embedded chips. Meaning your phones, tablets and netbooks won't come hardwired to send every bit of your data to some data center for sifting through (they'll merely come with operating systems that do that).

If you buy a 'smart' coat hanger, it's usually cause you want it to let everyone under the sun know where it is and what you've hung on it.

time to learn how to make a tin foil hat

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Errrm.

Judging from this IBM announcement, it seems to be limited to the embedded chips. Meaning your phones, tablets and netbooks won't come hardwired to send every bit of your data to some data center for sifting through.

If you buy a 'smart' coat hanger, it's usually cause you want it to let everyone under the sun know where it is and what you've hung on it.

An embedded system is a computer system with a dedicated function within a larger mechanical or electrical system. meaning almost every electronics is an embedded system...any thing other than general purpose computing..

An embedded system is a computer system with a dedicated function within a larger mechanical or electrical system. meaning almost every electronics is an embedded system...any thing other than general purpose computing..

I'm not sure if you mean to say this includes phones and tablets, cause I can assure you that regardless of the technical definition, that's not how it's used in this case.

When ARM use 'embedded' they mean the kind of devices that people specifically buy for their data sharing functionality.

Behold.  The future!  All things connected.  All privacy gone.  A world where nobody can be blackmailed, because we all know what our next-door neighbor searches at four in the morning when his family is asleep.  We know, Tim.  We know.

A future where police are really mercenaries for the government *cough*corporate masters*cough*. Where disagreeing "too much" with the powers at be will end with you labeled a seditionist/terrorist/pedophile....

But no, no one is ever going to need a gun......except for the police and the governments.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not sure if you mean to say this includes phones and tablets, cause I can assure you that regardless of the technical definition, that's not how it's used in this case.

When ARM use 'embedded' they mean the kind of devices that people specifically buy for their data sharing functionality.

technically android is an embedded OS..But i get what you meant

A future where police are really mercenaries for the government *cough*corporate masters*cough*.

But no, no one is ever going to need a gun......except for the police and the governments.

I'm just patiently waiting for AI to take over the world.  

I'm just patiently waiting for AI to take over the world.  

At least their intent to take over the world will be honest and obvious.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and instead of just killing all humans, they'll just remove our brains and put them into some kind of giant computer network and let us continue living via a virtual reality simulation.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and instead of just killing all humans, they'll just remove our brains and put them into some kind of giant computer network and let us continue living via a virtual reality simulation.

You mean The Matrix

Not to mention they will probably view us as children and try to teach us in one out of a billion scenarios.  I personally just want to merge all Human consciousness in to a mainframe and work hand in hand with AI.  We'll be the best Hivemind ever.  Like the Geth!  Only we were once Human and we merged with machines.  The future!

You mean Matrix

Sort of. Instead of our entire bodies it would just be our brains. No reason to use us as a power source, but they could pacify us with immortality in a computer simulation.

Not to mention they will probably view us as children and try to teach us in one out of a billion scenarios.  I personally just want to merge all Human consciousness in to a mainframe and work hand in hand with AI.  We'll be the best Hivemind ever.  Like the Geth!  Only we were once Human and we merged with machines.  The future!

tumblr_lxx3az2FW41qdf6a3o1_500.jpg

Hardware based spyware is my favorite kind of spyware. *prepares tinfoil hat*

I'm honestly wondering when they will just shove a GPS tracker and thought transmitter up our asses.

Just drop the pretense corporations and governments, admit you're evil and want to control everything people think and do.

that's not suspicious at all

You're right, its not. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Is it too late? My major in about four years is Comp Eng and this is the world I'm about get into.

Am I gonna be the one doing the dirty work?

I apologize 4 years from now if such event ever happens...