Internet Speed changes randomly

Hello guys,

I have encounterd a problem with my internetspeed, Today i changed my cpu cool with a scythe ninja 4 (dont think it can be affecting anything but to let you know) and when i stared my pc again i noticed my internet speed was really slow. Normally i have around 120mbps up  and 12mbps down and now i only get like 10-30mbps. So i checked with some speed tests and each test i get a different speed. while it is scanning it changes rapidly. Its all between 10 and 120. I was wondering if this was a know issue or just something that will likely be the provider. I checked for problems at the providers site but they didnt report anything. 

its cable, not wifi

I hope you guys might know a solution for the issue

Thanks, 

MaybeThatGuy

Hello guys,

I have encounterd a problem with my internetspeed, Today i changed my cpu cool with a scythe ninja 4 (dont think it can be affecting anything but to let you know) and when i stared my pc again i noticed my internet speed was really slow. Normally i have around 120mbps up  and 12mbps down and now i only get like 10-30mbps. So i checked with some speed tests and each test i get a different speed. while it is scanning it changes rapidly. Its all between 10 and 120. I was wondering if this was a know issue or just something that will likely be the provider. I checked for problems at the providers site but they didnt report anything. 

its cable, not wifi

I hope you guys might know a solution for the issue

Thanks, 

MaybeThatGuy

do you mean 120 down 12 up?

you sure that nobody is on the internet downloading? maybe your pc is updating.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

do you mean 120 down 12 up?

you sure that nobody is on the internet downloading? maybe your pc is updating.

I am the only one on the internet, my download downloadspeed was always a solid 120mbps, never changed a bit.

Where do you live? Your not on Virgin by any chance? lol

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I am the only one on the internet, my download downloadspeed was always a solid 120mbps, never changed a bit.

try a different ethernet cable and port, a cooler cannot break your internet xD

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

i was thinking that but virgin dont do 120 anymore and the upload wasnt 12 then, think it was 10.

virgin are good for speeds, but recently all i hear is bad latency.

No, i live in the netherlands hahaha

No, i live in the netherlands hahaha

reboot the router, change ethernet cable, ethernet port and also try wireless.

reboot the router, change ethernet cable, ethernet port and also try wireless.

Changed nothing, I dont have wireless connection on the pc, but my phone seems to have normal internet

Changed nothing, I dont have wireless connection on the pc, but my phone seems to have normal internet

very very odd, maybe your drivers need updating or re-installing.

very very odd, maybe your drivers need updating or re-installing.

Already running latest drivers, i tried reinstalling but didnt do it either

I have never ever encountered it, My speed was always solid

Already running latest drivers, i tried reinstalling but didnt do it either

traceroute to google? if you know how to do it and show me the results (image)

traceroute to google? if you know how to do it and show me the results (image)

googled it, but i am not sure what i am supposed to do, could you explain

googled it, but i am not sure what i am supposed to do, could you explain

open up cmd and type in without the speech marks "tracert bbc.com"

open up cmd and type in without the speech marks "tracert bbc.com"

opn4nr.png

is this what you are looking for

opn4nr.png

is this what you are looking for

your latency looks nothing out of the unusual so its not an isp issue.

you get around 7-9ms in the netherlands then only 15ms in the uk which is really good, i get 11ms to the uk and around 17-18ms to the netherlands

your latency looks nothing out of the unusual so its not an isp issue.

you get around 7-9ms in the netherlands then only 15ms in the uk which is really good, i get 11ms to the uk and around 17-18ms to the netherlands

well maybe i just need to wait and see if it is fixed tomorrow. If it still is a problem ill  need to dive deeper into it. thanks for your help

well maybe i just need to wait and see if it is mixxed tomorrow. If it still is a problem ill  need to dive deeper into it. thanks for your help

very welcome my friend, good luck.