New Budget for a build

xxaviarxx

So I have a brand new budget (thanks to my dad and stepmom helping to fund it) with conditions so lets say the conditions before I go into the budget.

1. Must be able to be upgraded so I wont be able to max out the build in say 2 years time.

2. Must be able to do anything I want on it without resrictions (gaming, rendering, etc the normal things)

3. Must be as cheap as possible and never go over the budget period if you can cut costs and have the same or better performance go for it.

4. If water cooling is in the build they must be expandable of course this does conflict to #1 a little bit but everyone knows water cooling does have a max before it just gets pointless.

5. Must be a matching color scheme (black goes with everything lets try to make it not 100% black though) I do not want white.

6. Anything that says asus is a no go period end of story I have had extremely bad experiences with them in the past.

7. Silence is golden as the old saying goes yet I want this built to impress as well for when I build a new system and sell this one for some money to fund the next one in the future.

8. Lets try to not make a 6 foot 100 pound case for ease of use and mobility.

Now the new budget is $2800USD

Part List that I currently have ::

1. 2-6 year old SSDs and sata HDDs

2. 42" vizio tv 1080p

3. semi decent wireless keyboard and mouse from logitech 270 model (connectivity sucks)

4. dvd+ writer/reader sata

5. IDE maddog dvd+ writer/reader old ribbon version

Let us see what you guys can build and please use the BB code format if using pcpartpicker.

So I have a brand new budget (thanks to my dad and stepmom helping to fund it) with conditions so lets say the conditions before I go into the budget.

1. Must be able to be upgraded so I wont be able to max out the build in say 2 years time.

2. Must be able to do anything I want on it without resrictions (gaming, rendering, etc the normal things)

3. Must be as cheap as possible and never go over the budget period if you can cut costs and have the same or better performance go for it.

4. If water coolering is in the build they must be expandable of course this does conflict to #1 a little bit but everyone knows water cooling does have a max before it just gets pointless.

5. Must be a matching color scheme (black goes with everything lets try to make it not 100% black though) I do not want white.

6. Anything that says asus is a no go period end of story I have had extremely bad experiences with them in the past.

7. Silence is golden as the old saying goes yet I want this built to impress as well for when I build a new system and sell this one for some money to fund the next one in the future.

2. 42" vizio tv 1080p

3. semi decent wireless keyboard and mouse from logitech 270 model (connectivity sucks)

Let us see what you guys can build and please use the BB code format if using pcpartpicker.

Das simple. Give me until 6PM to come up with something.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($899.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: EVGA Classified EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($333.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($244.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($150.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.75 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2669.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 13:56 EDT-0400

Redish theme. 980 ti sli. 5820k

Also it is not bad to add a new ssd/hdd.

If you dont want them-remove them and add a 5930k instead of the 5820k

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($368.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($263.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($170.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($132.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2726.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 14:07 EDT-0400

The site has changed....

#1 question I have for everyone so far that has posted if you went with water cooling was it expandable meaning can I take it apart put it on the graphics cards, cpu and ram fill it back up bleed it and then have it running like nothing happened? If I wished to anyway. And as I'm sure everyone knows that water cooling is more for overclocking so that being said will the components listed be able to be overclocked?

Edit :: I would like to have no empty fan areas (that dont conflict with cd/dvd drives) to max out the cooling potential also saves time if i want to go and add more radiators to the build. As far as fans go I would prefer them to be of the same brand just don't use god awful colors. Also with more fans it means i can set them to a lower rpm and still have the same cooling that I would have at higher rpms.

#1 question I have for everyone so far that has posted if you went with water cooling was it expandable meaning can I take it apart put it on the graphics cards, cpu and ram fill it back up bleed it and then have it running like nothing happened? If I wished to anyway. And as I'm sure everyone knows that water cooling is more for overclocking so that being said will the components listed be able to be overclocked?

You are talking about custom loops. Many of us provided AIO water coolers that are used mainly for cpu, sometimes gpu, and they dont need refill. You just remove them when you want to change something. If you want custom loops , i suggest you to watch some jayztwocents videos first.

The site has changed....

I watch linus and jay all the time I've been looking at the swiftech and the EK kits for custom loops or expandable systems.

Edit :: I have also looked into the possibly of peltier water cooling.

I watch linus and jay all the time I've been looking at the swiftech and the EK kits for custom loops or expandable systems.

Edit :: I have also looked into the possibly of peltier water cooling.

I have no experience with customs loops, so i cant say a lot here. Just keep in mind that customs loops come with (quite) a  price.

The site has changed....

I have no experience with customs loops, so i cant say a lot here. Just keep in mind that customs loops come with (quite) a  price.

And a nice little price to go with it for sure lol. I don't plan to expand on the system right away it's more like I want to have the option for when I do decide to expand instead of spending 100+ on a non-expandable unit vs spend 150+ on an expandable one.

And a nice little price to go with it for sure lol. I don't plan to expand on the system right away it's more like I want to have the option for when I do decide to expand instead of spending 100+ on a non-expandable unit vs spend 150+ on an expandable one.

I am not experienced in Custom loops either but I will give it a try. Would youmind if I had to step down from th x99 thoug? down to an i7 4790k?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

As long as it conforms to the 8 conditions in the main post or than that I have no complaints about any builds

2. Must be able to do anything I want on it without restrictions (gaming, rendering, etc the normal things)

4. If water cooling is in the build they must be expandable of course this does conflict to #1 a little bit but everyone knows water cooling does have a max before it just gets pointless.

As long as it conforms to the 8 conditions in the main post or than that I have no complaints about any builds

-rulz-

OK, just so you know. i am unable to fit dual 980 Ti & i7 5820k in there AND watercooling. So for best performance I will go for air cooling here...

I am curious to see if someone manages to fit that in there though :D

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

OK, just so you know. i am unable to fit dual 980 Ti & i7 5820k in there AND watercooling. So for best performance I will go for air cooling here...

I am curious to see if someone manages to fit that in there though :D

You don't have to use dual gpus if you don't want to some say its better some say its not either way this is going to be an upgradable pc.

-snip-

pst... can you follow this topic please ;-)

3.Use

You don't have to use dual gpus if you don't want to some say its better some say its not either way this is going to be an upgradable pc.

Do you consider Watercooling an option. If so I have a few question and propositions:

When would you upgrade your build?

What would you upgrade?

Have you done Watercooling before? (it sounds like you did)

it think that's it for now...

3.Use

I am asking because if you plan to H2O I would go EVGA GPU no matter what. the warrant is just to premium to overlook in this case. But if you plan to upgrade in say 3 years or later you might as well take any other suitable GPU manufacturer for your build.

3.Use

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($899.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: EVGA Classified EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($333.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($244.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($150.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.89 @ OutletPC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.75 @ OutletPC)

Total: $2669.56

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 13:56 EDT-0400

the 5960x i pretty much wasted except when editing it perfomrs maybe 30-50% better while being more 80% more expensive than say an i7 5820k.

3.Use

Do you consider Watercooling an option. If so I have a few question and propositions:

When would you upgrade your build?

What would you upgrade?

Have you done Watercooling before? (it sounds like you did)

it think that's it for now...

Water cooling is for sure an option.

I have no idea when I would upgrade I more than likely would by pieces every so often to upgrade.

To me the 3 things that are mainly upgraded is the ram/gpu 1st then later the cpu.

I have never attempted water cooling just have done a lot of research on the subject but I am a certified Heating and cooling technician and electrician if that counts for anything.

I am asking because if you plan to H2O I would go EVGA GPU no matter what. the warrant is just to premium to overlook in this case. But if you plan to upgrade in say 3 years or later you might as well take any other suitable GPU manufacturer for your build.

The graphics card should have the option to be water cooled at time of purchase even if I have to buy the full cover block for it at a later time and the hose fittings etc.

You need a monitor right?

3.Use

You need a monitor right?

I currently have a 42 inch flatscreen i use for my monitor its 1080p

I currently have a 42 inch flatscreen i use for my monitor its 1080p

Are you fine with it or ar you considering an upgrade cause that's gonna pricy (or could get pricy :P)

3.Use

As the old people say save money where you can if you don't actually need it. that should be a good answer for just about any question. Long story short I'm really happy with my TV screen as a monitor makes sure I don't get too close to it lol.

As the old people say save money where you can if you don't actually need it. that should be a good answer for just about any question. Long story short I'm really happy with my TV screen as a monitor makes sure I don't get too close to it lol.

Good, I am just asking a lot of dumb stuff just to be sure I don't overlook anything.

3.Use

Good, I am just asking a lot of dumb stuff just to be sure I don't overlook anything.

That's perfectly fine this will also help anyone else that will try to help me.

Only thing I hate at times is my wireless keyboard and mouse but I'm 6-7 feet from my desktop so id rather use this than my wired ones.

Edit :: I also don't have a need for speakers I use my surround sound for that in a stereo format.

2. 42" vizio tv 1080p

Hey,

Here's my recommended computer build based on your specific criteria.

I picked out a mid-tower case because those are a bit lighter and easier to move around than full-size towers. This Corsair case has built-in noise suppression features that will reduce the computer noise a bit.

I picked out 2 high end graphics card that will take care of any high end gaming and other heavy duty computing that you may do.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2457.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 17:34 EDT-0400

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio