Hyper x cloud 2 sound issues

motskei

Hello, I recently received a new USB dongle the hyper X cloud 2 as my other one caused a static noise. I received a new one today, and I am now getting sound issues when using twitch and playing games, the sound is fine on youtube. The sound seems to be reduced when playing games and using twitch. Does anybody know what the cause of this is?

It might help if you described what the sound actually is. 

That being said, you shouldn't be using the USB dongle anyway, because it's a piece of crap, so there's that...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

It might help if you described what the sound actually is. 

That being said, you shouldn't be using the USB dongle anyway, because it's a piece of crap, so there's that...

I need the USB dongle for 7.1 surround sound because I play counter-strike. It's very hard to describe, but the sound is muffled.

mine is also has static... do i have to send bak the headphones and everything or just the usb thing ? i already ordered cables to run direct off adio jacks but wi still want to use the usb for when im really far away from my pc and the 2m of cable comes in handy 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

mine is also has static... do i have to send bak the headphones and everything or just the usb thing ? i already ordered cables to run direct off adio jacks but wi still want to use the usb for when im really far away from my pc and the 2m of cable comes in handy 

If you have bad static, you must contact kingston and ask them for a replacement usb dongle

I need the USB dongle for 7.1 surround sound because I play counter-strike. It's very hard to describe, but the sound is muffled.

Have you ever tried playing CS without 7.1 surround sound? I play CS all the time (I have over 400 hours in it) and I have never, ever used surround sound, and I can still tell where footsteps come from very, very accurately.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Have you ever tried playing CS without 7.1 surround sound? I play CS all the time (I have over 400 hours in it) and I have never, ever used surround sound, and I can still tell where footsteps come from very, very accurately.

Yes, I have 1.5k hours on cs in total, and at a high level of counter-strike, perfect audio is needed

If you have bad static, you must contact kingston and ask them for a replacement usb dongle

its not super bad but im pretty ocd about my stuff being perfect and i can hear it in the background when audio plays and its driving me nuts

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

Yes, I have 1.5k hours on cs in total, and at a high level of counter-strike, perfect audio is needed

If perfect audio is needed, I would assume, first of all that you'd be using in ears, since that's what all pros use at the majors. Secondly, HyperX clouds are very far from being able to reproduce perfect sound. Thirdly, the game already mixes surround sound, so any programs that you're using (Yes, the USB dongle uses a program for this) literally just remix and alter the sound that the game produces. As such, you really aren't getting as close to the "Perfect" audio as the game is producing. 

If you really want the surround functionality that bad, why not just use the Razer surround software, or get a cheap sound card? The USB dongle for the HyperX cloud 2 is really, really bad. If you're honestly going for perfect audio, that USB dongle is not even close to capable of getting there. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

its not super bad but im pretty ocd about my stuff being perfect and i can hear it in the background when audio plays and its driving me nuts

As I said above, don't use the dongle. It will make your life easier.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

As I said above, don't use the dongle. It will make your life easier.

and as i said above i dont plan on using it and ive already purchased cables to plug it into an audio jack and the only time i use the usb dongle is when im using the headphones far from my pc eg. watching a movie from my bed, where i need a 2m long cable

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

and as i said above i dont plan on using it and ive already purchased cables to plug it into an audio jack and the only time i use the usb dongle is when im using the headphones far from my pc eg. watching a movie from my bed, where i need a 2m long cable

I mean, okay, but presumably you won't be using the mic when you are far away from the PC, so why not just spend like <$5 and get a 2m extension?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I mean, okay, but presumably you won't be using the mic when you are far away from the PC, so why not just spend like <$5 and get a 2m extension?

cause im cheap, and why should i have to buy other things, when you buy something it should work without flaws, unless its a really cheap thing then its going to happen but paing 120$ id expect everything to work properly if im going to use it or not, 

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

cause im cheap, and why should i have to buy other things, when you buy something it should work without flaws, unless its a really cheap thing then its going to happen but paing 120$ id expect everything to work properly if im going to use it or not, 

You actually paid $20, for the (supposedly) better mic, the new finish, and the USB dongle/whatever accessories are new, compared to the Cloud 1. Thing is, $20 (more realistically, $10 or less) is not enough to make quality USB dongle. If you paid $10 for a USB audio dongle, would you expect it to be flawless? I certainly wouldn't. 

Edit: I realize that the price difference is $50, according to MSRP, but that's all profit margins, since you can currently get one or the other for +/-$20. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

You actually paid $20, for the (supposedly) better mic, the new finish, and the USB dongle/whatever accessories are new, compared to the Cloud 1. Thing is, $20 (more realistically, $10 or less) is not enough to make quality USB dongle. If you paid $10 for a USB audio dongle, would you expect it to be flawless? I certainly wouldn't. 

Edit: I realize that the price difference is $50, according to MSRP, but that's all profit margins, since you can currently get one or the other for +/-$20. 

im not saying it should be the highest quality thing on earth i just expect it to not have static, even the op said his had static he returned it and the new one has no static so that means that ours were defective

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

im not saying it should be the highest quality thing on earth i just expect it to not have static, even the op said his had static he returned it and the new one has no static so that means that ours were defective

For $10, I wouldn't expect very good QC either. From what I've been seeing, nearly every Cloud II has issues with the USB dongle, it's just that some users don't mind it too much. Also, it could very well be due to noise from the USB power crossing over into the amplifier circuits. That's more bad design than anything being defective.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

For $10, I wouldn't expect very good QC either. From what I've been seeing, nearly every Cloud II has issues with the USB dongle, it's just that some users don't mind it too much. Also, it could very well be due to noise from the USB power crossing over into the amplifier circuits. That's more bad design than anything being defective.

either way im just waiting on a 3.5mm extension and a splitter so i can use my mobo audio, btw nicee 2k posts

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

either way im just waiting on a 3.5mm extension and a splitter so i can use my mobo audio, btw nicee 2k posts

Shit! Didn't even notice, lol... I had been watching that for a while now, and didn't even get to see 2,000 :(

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Shit! Didn't even notice, lol... I had been watching that for a while now, and didn't even get to see 2,000 :(

aww well theres always 3000 xD

Spoiler

and a car thread !