Near Final Build, how is it?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BPzs4D

i plan on using this for gaming, video and photo editing (as a hobby, and for game custom content), video watching, web surfing, video streaming... and just about anything else.

im considering over clocking it a bit, to like 4.3/4.4

if you have any suggestions, let me know.

money isnt the largest factor, but id like it to be under 1700/1800 and i plan on getting most if not all the parts from microcenter and/or frys. id like to avoid buying online for tech as i had a bad experience once. noise isnt that big of a thing to me as long as its a normal level and not super loud.

is the h100i really that much better than the h80i gt? for overclocking like i mentioned? if i can even get it. (not at all familiar with OC)

the SSD is for the OS and OS only.

the PSU is from an old upgraded pc that died. it works fine. i can go newer but id like it to be semi or full modular corsair with corsair link (for temp reading)

should be fixed now.

get a 390 (or a fury if you cut down the motherboard cost to ~$100) and that psu looks gross, try a decent seasonic or an evga supernova

why do you need a black drive

you can get much cheaper ram

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

OP, that CPU is essentially 4.4GHz stock. If you go into the BIOS when you get it setup and when you enable XMP, it'll ask you if you want 4.4ghz (multicore enhance) afterward.

Also, everything seems good. PSU seems a bit out of place, but you've already bought that.

RAM and Motherboard are a bit more than what you need, keep them if it makes you feel happy though.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

OP, that CPU is essentially 4.4GHz stock. If you go into the BIOS when you get it setup and when you enable XMP, it'll ask you if you want 4.4ghz (multicore enhance).

Also, everything seems good. PSU seems a bit out of place, but you've already bought that.

as i said earlier im not at all familiar with OC. i know very little. maybe something like 4.6 oc? after what you said.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BPzs4D

i plan on using this for gaming, video and photo editing (as a hobby, and for game custom content), video watching, web surfing, video streaming... and just about anything else.

im considering over clocking it a bit, to like 4.3/4.4

if you have any suggestions, let me know.

money isnt the largest factor, but id like it to be under 1700/1800 and i plan on getting most if not all the parts from microcenter and/or frys. id like to avoid buying online for tech as i had a bad experience once. noise isnt that big of a thing to me as long as its a normal level and not super loud.

is the h100i really that much better than the h80i gt? for overclocking like i mentioned? if i can even get it. (not at all familiar with OC)

the SSD is for the OS and OS only.

the PSU is from an old upgraded pc that died. it works fine. i can go newer but id like it to be semi or full modular corsair with corsair link (for temp reading)

Looks good but don't buy OS for 130$ you can get it cheaper from reddit or g2a.com

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

get a 390 (or a fury if you cut down the motherboard cost to ~$100) and that psu looks gross, try a decent seasonic or an evga supernova

why do you need a black drive

you can get much cheaper ram

im looking at new PSUs the ram i know i can get cheaper, its just a general idea, and i like corsair ram as in the pc that died (i think its the mobo or processor) and it worked very well. can you specify what you mean by black drive? do you mean the disk drive? or the HDD?  if you are talking about the disk drive its so i can watch blue ray movies on the PC plus most of my older games that i play are disk based. so a disk drive is needed,

im looking at new PSUs the ram i know i can get cheaper, its just a general idea, and i like corsair ram as in the pc that died (i think its the mobo or processor) and it worked very well. can you specify what you mean by black drive? do you mean the disk drive? or the HDD?  if you are talking about the disk drive its so i can watch blue ray movies on the PC plus most of my older games that i play are disk based. so a disk drive is needed,

the hard drive

Looks good but don't buy OS for 130$ you can get it cheaper from reddit or g2a.com

the os is the os im putting on there, my brother said he thinks he can get 8.1 or 8.0 (upgrade to 10 is free) for free from his college. but in case if he cant, thank you for the info. 

OP, that CPU is essentially 4.4GHz stock. If you go into the BIOS when you get it setup and when you enable XMP, it'll ask you if you want 4.4ghz (multicore enhance).

RAM and Motherboard are a bit more than what you need, keep them if it makes you feel happy though.

Err come again? 4790k is 4.0 stock and enabling xmp does not set it to 4.4... where you getting your info mate?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

the hard drive

so i can put all the games on it. the external is for transfer and backup save data. so i can move it to another PC that we have and play games off of the same save but on the other PC. that should run most games.

so i can put all the games on it. the external is for transfer and backup save data. so i can move it to another PC that we have and play games off of the same save but on the other PC. that should run most games.

eh

fair enough but i would say either a wd green or wd purple or a seagate

eh

fair enough but i would say either a wd green or wd purple or a seagate

are they compatible with windows 8 or 10? for a similar price.

are they compatible with windows 8 or 10? for a similar price.

green is cheaper but a fair bit slower

purple is a fair bit slower but designed to run 24/7 and a bit cheaper

yes both work with windows 8/10

green is cheaper but a fair bit slower

purple is a fair bit slower but designed to run 24/7 and a bit cheaper

yes both work with windows 8/10

i'll look into them then, thank you.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i GT 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.98 @ Mac Mall) 

Motherboard: Asus Z170-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($328.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ B&H) 

Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case Fan: Antec 75026 79.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  (Purchased For $0.00) 

Case Fan: Corsair SP140 49.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($15.59 @ OutletPC) 

Case Fan: Corsair SP140 49.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($15.59 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor: Samsung S27D590P 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 

Speakers: Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers  (Purchased For $0.00) 

External Storage: Western Digital Elements 1TB External Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 

Total: $1492.47

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 15:28 EDT-0400

get the 6700k :) moar featurez

Err come again? 4790k is 4.0 stock and enabling xmp does not set it to 4.4... where you getting your info mate?

I'm refering to the Asus bios, which this dude has, I didn't say XMP does this, I said it'll ask you after enabling XMP.

I'm getting my info from the Internet, aswell as owning 4 Asus boards over the years...

Maybe you can learn something from this:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6214/multicore-enhancement-the-debate-about-free-mhz

"Since X79, ASUS has been implementing a feature they call ‘MultiCore Enhancement’ whenever XMP has been set."

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1