Speakers to pc

johnpathia21
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

SMSL SMSL Q5 black 250W Pure Digital Power Amplifier USB/Coaxial/Optical with Remote Control (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLX5NRS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Egg6vbYJ1SD4Q this is about the cheapest you can get, while still retaining decent sound quality and reliability.

Hello Guys! So My stereo just broke and Ive got the speakers left over :/

I was just wondering if i can plug them to my pc via some kind of adapter or something. 

is that possible to happen ? Below is a photo of the speakers's connectivity.

Thanks in advance :)

post-193395-0-03559300-1441292156.jpg

post-193395-0-03559300-1441292156.jpg

Those are just raw speaker wire ports. You'll need an amp of some kind. SMSL makes one that is really quite inexpensive. Do you know what the impedance of those speakers is?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

you *can* plug them straight in, but it wont be loud enough for pretty much anything.

alright guys so i guess im buing an amplifier uve got anything good and cheap to suggest?

SMSL SMSL Q5 black 250W Pure Digital Power Amplifier USB/Coaxial/Optical with Remote Control (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLX5NRS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Egg6vbYJ1SD4Q this is about the cheapest you can get, while still retaining decent sound quality and reliability.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home