Hidden treasure: Deep Cool Tesseract (Under $40 ATX Case)

terminal2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853002&ignorebbr=1

Got this thing for an emergency upgrade after my MicroATX motherboard started going on the fritz and I wanted to pick up a full size ATX motherboard.  This thing is incredibly well-built for a $40 case.  It has 3 2.5 trays, 4 3.5 trays (Perfect for RAID 10), which I personally like over the multiple 3.5 tray designs that can also hold 2.5 drives.  Good cable management (fit my MASSIVE 24 pin connector wire from my EVGA 1050G) and easy to use.  Cant ask for much more at this price point.  I got the SW version which includes a side window and blue LED fans (went with blue color scheme on my ASRock Extreme 6 that I picked up) but they also make windowless versions that are cheaper.  Good ventelation, and I always like cases with holes on the side to allow my GPU to shoot air directly out the side of the case (Gigabyte Windforce R9 270 - expels air from the side rather than from the fans)

Only cons are 1) front panel IO takes up the first CD bay drive so you cant use it 2) Couldn't mount my EVGA power supply fan side down.  Holes didn't match up.  Was able to mount it fan side exhausting into case - luckily it has an eco mode which allows fanless operation under 40% load.  

KIMG0036

looks pretty gross :) 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853002&ignorebbr=1

Got this thing for an emergency upgrade after my MicroATX motherboard started going on the fritz and I wanted to pick up a full size ATX motherboard.  This thing is incredibly well-built for a $40 case.  It has 3 2.5 trays, 4 3.5 trays (Perfect for RAID 10), which I personally like over the multiple 3.5 tray designs that can also hold 2.5 drives.  Good cable management (fit my MASSIVE 24 pin connector wire from my EVGA 1050G) and easy to use.  Cant ask for much more at this price point.  I got the SW version which includes a side window and blue LED fans (went with blue color scheme on my ASRock Extreme 6 that I picked up) but they also make windowless versions that are cheaper.  Good ventelation, and I always like cases with holes on the side to allow my GPU to shoot air directly out the side of the case (Gigabyte Windforce R9 270 - expels air from the side rather than from the fans)

Only cons are 1) front panel IO takes up the first CD bay drive so you cant use it 2) Couldn't mount my EVGA power supply fan side down.  Holes didn't match up.  Was able to mount it fan side exhausting into case - luckily it has an eco mode which allows fanless operation under 40% load.  

Are you saying the case I hate so much is decent?

Well, yes.

How,

I have had 3 of the 6 included 5 1/2" easy swap bays are broken.

the top 5 1/2" bay is not usable, nor is the bottom one.

The HDD easy swap bays are hard to install the HDD, the SSD ones require screws.

AND THE CABLE MANAGEMENT is nasty. The gap behind the motherboard tray is way to small!!!!!

Plus 4 of my PCIe slot covers were bent when the case arrived.

and the store I got it off had pictures of the SW with the 2 LED fans, but instead I got 1 Blue fan!

How,

I have had 3 of the 6 included 5 1/2" easy swap bays are broken.

the top 5 1/2" bay is not usable, nor is the bottom one.

The HDD easy swap bays are hard to install the HDD, the SSD ones require screws.

AND THE CABLE MANAGEMENT is nasty. The gap behind the motherboard tray is way to small!!!!!

Plus 4 of my PCIe slot covers were bent when the case arrived.

and the store I got it off had pictures of the SW with the 2 LED fans, but instead I got 1 Blue fan!

1) Didn't seem easy to break for me.  Install was a breeze

2) Same with 3.5 inch bays.  Installed in less than 15 seconds.  I don't mind using tools for the 2.5

3) Cable management was big enough for me to stick my 24 pin cable from my 1050 watt power supply that measures almost 1.5 inches in diameter behind it without being seen

4) Nothing was bent on my case and it came with 2 LED blue fans, sucks that they shorted you

Are you saying my opinion is wrong simply because it differs from your opinion?

1) Didn't seem easy to break for me.  Install was a breeze

2) Same with 3.5 inch bays.  Installed in less than 15 seconds.  I don't mind using tools for the 2.5

3) Cable management was big enough for me to stick my 24 pin cable from my 1050 watt power supply that measures almost 1.5 inches in diameter behind it without being seen

4) Nothing was bent on my case and it came with 2 LED blue fans, sucks that they shorted you

Are you saying my opinion is wrong simply because it differs from your opinion?

I am saying I don't know how someone can like this case.

I hate it.