Is this a good idea

Nerd slayer

I am on a strict budget of £500 inc windows and came to the conclusion that I would get an fx 6300 and a GTX 750ti for upgrade later.

Upon finding out that my friend ordered 2 copies of windows instead of one I can have one saving £70. This ment I could afford to upgrade eather the cpu to an i5 4460 or the gpu to an r9 380 (would go amd gpu as the MOBO supports crossfire but not sli) and do the other later.

Having thought for a while I decided I would go with the cpu upgrade and get an i5 4460 with an r7 360 and eccept a large bottleneck for 12 months until I can afford an r9 380 and run them in crossfire with the i5 and have a decent pc. In another 2 years or so I could then get a high end i5 or a low end i7, upgrade ram to 16gb and have a complete beast.

Is this a good idea

I'd say get the i5 now because the fx can run into bottleneck issues with future gpus easily

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Get an athlon X4 860K with a nice cooler to OC the crap out of it, and get an FM2+ board.

And get a R9 380. It will be balanced very well, but it doesn't really give you room to upgrade...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

What I mean, is running the i5 with a low end gpu like the r7 360 and excepting a bottleneck with the intention of buying an r9 380 in 12 months time and running the two in crossfire for GTX 970 like performance for less cost and still getting the i5, agood idea

If you want to do that, they yes- the i5 is the way to go.

What I mean, is running the i5 with a low end gpu like the r7 360 and excepting a bottleneck with the intention of buying an r9 380 in 12 months time and running the two in crossfire for GTX 970 like performance for less cost and still getting the i5, agood idea

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

If you want to do that, they yes- the i5 is the way to go.

Will the r7 360 and the r9 380 run in crossfire