Corsair Air 540 vs Thermaltake Core X9

Revan654

I decided to go with a Cube case to house my E-ATX board. Out of the two which one is considered the better case? I never had a Thermaltake case, Are their cases of hight quality? I know all cases I got from Corsair were very solid cases.

Is their any other Cube cases I should look at without hitting the 500+ dollar range?

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

CORSAIR AIR 540 HANDS DOWN I HAVE IT AND ITS THE BEST

Thermaltake < Corsair in quality so yea you want cheap or you want sturdy 

I have the air 540 btw and its the best case I have owned until I get a case labs one later on

Edit: Bitfenix has a cube case and so does lian li but I can't remember their names, both of those also are better than the x9...

double edit bitfenix atlas maxresdefault.jpg

Lian li pc08 

o8-main-1.jpg

all are better than the x9...

air540

its an awesome case

and thermaltake is pretty crap

especially now that theyre copying product designs from other companies and fabricating them with cheap matterials in china

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Im a user of the Air 540, can recommend over most cases :D

Personally not a big fan of the PC08 because of the glass in the front, though the entirely exposed side panel is nice but not really too big a gain over the Air 540's panel

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

CORSAIR AIR 540 HANDS DOWN I HAVE IT AND ITS THE BEST

Thermaltake < Corsair in quality so yea you want cheap or you want sturdy 

I have the air 540 btw and its the best case I have owned until I get a case labs one later on

Edit: Bitfenix has a cube case and so does lian li but I can't remember their names, both of those also are better than the x9...

double edit bitfenix atlas maxresdefault.jpg

Lian li pc08 

o8-main-1.jpg

all are better than the x9...

Lian li pc08 is nice. However I need atlease one or two 5.25 bays. My biggest issue with the Air is 5.25 are sideways.

Lian li pc08 is nice. However I need atlease one or two 5.25 bays. My biggest issue with the Air is 5.25 are sideways.

its not a big deal for me, mind me asking what you will be adding in the bays?

its not a big deal for me, mind me asking what you will be adding in the bays?

OC pannel from Asus ROG motherboard.

-------

Just notice that Air 540 only supports two HDD (Non-SSD). I have four HDD.

OC pannel from Asus ROG motherboard.

-------

Just notice that Air 540 only supports two HDD (Non-SSD). I have four HDD.

Oh that sucks well I guess you can go for the pc 08 but they dont have the drive bays for the oc panel... what you could do is mount the other 2 in the back of the compartment... there is a lot of space you can do if you would go witth the air 540 and mod it to fit the most you could want, the pc 08 would only get like 3 5inch drive bays but no oc panel.... the x9 has 3 drive spots and space for the oc panel but then you loose on quality and will still need to mod to add in another hdd....

there is a cube case that would fit perfect for your set up but its a little pricey and from case labs

I love my 540.  The only case i would replace it with is the PC08 buts its way too expensive.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

Oh that sucks well I guess you can go for the pc 08 but they dont have the drive bays for the oc panel... what you could do is mount the other 2 in the back of the compartment... there is a lot of space you can do if you would go witth the air 540 and mod it to fit the most you could want, the pc 08 would only get like 3 5inch drive bays but no oc panel.... the x9 has 3 drive spots and space for the oc panel but then you loose on quality and will still need to mod to add in another hdd....

there is a cube case that would fit perfect for your set up but its a little pricey and from case labs

CaseLabs are nice. However one issue Core X9 and Air 540 are smaller by inche or two. Where Caselabs is taller, Not 100% sure it would fit where I put my PC.

CaseLabs are nice. However one issue Core X9 and Air 540 are smaller by inche or two. Where Caselabs is taller, Not 100% sure it would fit where I put my PC.

they custom make every case by hand so you can ask caselabs to see if they can help you there, maybe reduce the size a little or remove the feet of the case, but they can help you there and gyve you suggestions 

Still not sure which to go with. Both are good choices. I guess I have to decide if I want to do a Water Cooling or not. Not sure spending a 1000 dollars on Water Cooling is worth it?

I have an Air540 (older son's gaming rig) and a Thermaltake V51 (younger son's) and but both are nice cases of comparable quality.  The Air540 is very straightforward - what you see is exactly what you get, while the X9 would appear to offer much more set up options, especially if you might water cool.

The only thing about the 540 that I do not like is the bottom mounted hard drives - those should have been located behind the MoBo panel and that space left open for fans or radiators.

I have an Air540 (older son's gaming rig) and a Thermaltake V51 (younger son's) and but both are nice cases of comparable quality.  The Air540 is very straightforward - what you see is exactly what you get, while the X9 would appear to offer much more set up options, especially if you might water cool.

The only thing about the 540 that I do not like is the bottom mounted hard drives - those should have been located behind the MoBo panel and that space left open for fans or radiators.

You can hide them by screwing the drives to one of the vents.

I think I'll go with the Air, Since I don't feel like having another 60 LB case. Corsair has better Customer Serive. I have yet to hear back from Thermaltake about something I asked over two weeks ago.

My only compliant other then not enough 3.5 drive locations is the 5.25 bays should been straight.

You can hide them by screwing the drives to one of the vents.

I think I'll go with the Air, Since I don't feel like having another 60 LB case. Corsair has better Customer Serive. I have yet to hear back from Thermaltake about something I asked over two weeks ago.

My only compliant other then not enough 3.5 drive locations is the 5.25 bays should been straight.

Yeah, it is an easy mod.  Just an unnecessary one.

For me I like the 5.25 orientation - because I have it on it's side with the window up (added some rubber feet to the side panel to allow sufficent intake on the PSU vent.)  Otherwise I'd totally agree.

The X9 looks like an awesome case with tons of flexibility and potential, but it is a behemoth.

I doubt you'll be unhappy with the 540.