Would you buy it? (Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE)

i_build_nanosuits

Hey guys!

So this guy has up for sale this Yamakasi monitor he says there are no dead pixels or scratch the panel is in perfect condition according to him...i see on ebay they go for around 400$CAN+ with some shipping and customs i will end up paying 450$CAN or so i believe...the guy is selling to me for 300$ which is a good deal.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moniteurs/ville-de-montreal/yamaski-catleap-2560px1440p-ips-27po/1099727632?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

From what i read on the internet they are good monitors the image are beautiful on them and i want it for gaming...anyone has experience with those? would you buy it?

I'm looking to move to 1440p but i don't want to spend too much cause i'll likely need a new GPU as well down the road (980ti or next gen equivalent for cheaper or something)

Any imputs appreciated i don't know what to do it looks like a good deal the monitor is the one with only one imput (less lag input from what i read on the net) and no speakers but tempered glass which is fine by me i'm in the basement anyways so no major reflections should occur here)

Thanks guys!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Hey guys!

So this guy has up for sale this Yamakasi monitor he says there are no dead pixels or scratch the panel is in perfect condition according to him...i see on ebay they go for around 400$+ with some shipping and customs i will end up paying 450$ or so i believe...the guy is selling to me for 300$ which is a good deal.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moniteurs/ville-de-montreal/yamaski-catleap-2560px1440p-ips-27po/1099727632?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

From what i read on the internet they are good monitors the image are beautiful on them and i want it for gaming...anyone has experience with those? would you buy it?

I'm looking to move to 1440p but i don't want to spend too much cause i'll likely need a new GPU as well down the road (980ti or next gen equivalent for cheaper or something)

Any imputs appreciated i don't know what to do it looks like a good deal the monitor is the one with only one imput (less lag input from what i read on the net) and no speakers but tempered glass which is fine by me i'm in the basement anyways so no major reflections should occur here)

Thanks guys!

well. its ips 1440p

id buy it. though im not fan of the white bezel and weird stand.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well. its ips 1440p

id buy it. though im not fan of the white bezel and weird stand.

yeah same here i would rather have a black one, but it is what it is...as far as the stand is concerned so long as the monitor hold itself upright and doesn't fall on the desk i'm sorted...Thanks for your comment.

Anyone else?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

yeah same here i would rather have a black one, but it is what it is...as far as the stand is concerned so long as the monitor hold itself upright and doesn't fall on the desk i'm sorted...

get black electrical tape. tape the bezels and white parts

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

get black electrical tape. tape the bezels and white parts

i might try to plasti-dip it black or something if i find the color too anoying...:)

Anybody else? are those trash? how long it should last?

I bought a QNIX which is a similar monitor from Korea via ebay. Did a lot of research and picked an ebay seller who had good feedback on the QNIX thread on overclock.net

It's got some backlight bleeding but not enough to bother me, and no dead pixels. As long as you are not after perfection you should be happy with the catleap, as its a similar sort of thing I believe

Also £230 for a 27" 1440p monitor that I've over clocked to 120hz is pretty cool!

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop