Phone issues... is there a way to fix? Or is it time to move on?

Hey guys,

So I've been using a Galaxy Note 3 for about 17 months now, and I loved this phone. However, here recently its come down with a bunch of issues. Phone batter does not even last half the day, by noon I'm having to recharge it from dead. Although thats not a huge issue for me, its kind of annoying. Wifi on my Note 3 has completely been thrown out the window, I can either look at pictures on online, watch a video at 240p, Snapchat, or barely browse Facebook, but NOTHING can be running at the same time, otherwise phone will freeze up and drop wifi connection. And even if I'm very careful about what I'm running it'll still randomly drop. Phone calls drop, 4G is stronger but randomly will drop, it usually takes around 3 tries to get a text message to send. And if an app automatically updates... my phone might as well be a paper weight while it updates, not only dropping multiple times when trying to update, but going at a very slow rate.

Usually when the wifi and 4G issues start acting up, anything from turning off/on the wifi and sometimes Air Plane mode will fix it for a short period of time, sometimes restarting my phone is necessary too. But I've tinkered around in the phone settings trying to find what could be causing the issue, tinkered around in my router settings thinking it could be something related to that, nothing. I eventually just went and factory reset my phone, but the problems STILL remained. 

My plan doesn't have me upgrade until May of 2016, which is still a long ways away. I would love to be able to find a fix for my phone to last me at least until then. If not, should I just try and get rid of this phone and find a cheap option? 

As always, thanks for the help.

"What're you supposed to be? A clown or something?"

"...Sometimes."

Buy a new battery. Theres a removable battery. I think the charge capacity is starting to die.Reinstall the os/apps? Dropping/sending a text message usually has to do with the carrier. I have an iPhone 3G on a premium ISP (expensive) on edge and it never drops but my dad has a nexus 6 on a budget ISP and he drops calls all the time.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Buy a replacement battery.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Are you currently on lollipop? Lollipop (carrier specific versions) have a bunch of issues. Also replace your battery if battery life is abysmal.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Acquire a replacement battery to solve the problems regarding how much power you (don't) have.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D