Budget 1080p monster, $800-900 Budget

Ders
-vid-
-snip-

nothing to add yu nailed it. Just wanna stress this though

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

lol okay i exaggerated but its really far and down a flight of stair. i'd have to go through walls and stuff.

Do you now have an unused windows licence? or one that was one a PC that is scapmetal now?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

So you're pretty much buying the CD drive to install windows. Right?

Here. Do this instead.

That was a great video, i'll definitely be doing that. As for the internet problems, i dont play many multiplayer games and i get a great connection using my laptop in my room so i'm not really worried too much about that. Doing the work of rigging cables makes the $30 really easy to spend.

Do you now have an unused windows licence? or one that was one a PC that is scapmetal now?

don't worry about it, i found a "thing" on reddit in like 2 minutes that will let me get past the key install and legally upgrade to windows 10. If that doesnt work i'll figure something out. 

STILL WORKING ON IT

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($90.00 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($38.70 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($232.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.40 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.80 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($26.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $714.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 22:15 EDT-0400

3.Use

STILL WORKING ON IT

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($90.00 @ SuperBiiz)CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)Motherboard:ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg)Memory:Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($38.70 @ SuperBiiz)Storage:Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.95 @ Amazon)Video Card:PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($232.98 @ Newegg)Case:NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.40 @ SuperBiiz)Power Supply:EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.80 @ SuperBiiz)Monitor:Acer G236HLBbd 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon)Keyboard:Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($26.98 @ Newegg)Total: $714.67Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 22:15 EDT-0400

I was going to go with AMD at first, the 8320 in fact, but i've heard that it isnt as good as an intel for some games and also emulating which is important to me.

someone is selling their asus r9 290 direct cuii's on reddit with a year of use on them, they were both crossfired at the same time. he wants $220 each, do you think its a good deal? I've read the cooling is significantly better. I asked if he would do $200 since a new 290 is only 232 with rebates.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($38.70 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.60 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.40 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($26.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $900.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 22:26 EDT-0400

upsides:

-SSD

-AND HDD

-pretty(as in not ugly) case

-fully modular PSU

-2 open RAM slots for upgrades

-Full HD Monitor

-Keyboard and mouse (you got virtually everything you need to start playing games)

-OC on CPU possible

- 3 core/ 6 thread CPU with possible beneftis coming with DX12

-Your add could be here (jk)

Downsides:

-High power consumption

-therefore high temps

-and more noise

-ugly RAM kit :P

-OC recommend due to lowe single core perfomance

-... idk is there more?

Maybe somebody can improve this but I won't I amgoing to bed now ... freaking 4.30am

3.Use

I was going to go with AMD at first, the 8320 in fact, but i've heard that it isnt as good as an intel for some games and also emulating which is important to me.

idk about emulators but the 6300 is a good bang for the buck. I am an intel guy but I at least have to admit that. If you wan to go intel you .... I am going to sleep now... I will look at the over night results tomorrow... goodbye

3.Use

idk about emulators but the 6300 is a good bang for the buck. I am an intel guy but I at least have to admit that. If you wan to go intel you .... I am going to sleep now... I will look at the over night results tomorrow... goodbye

I think the 6300 will be a problem at times, i wouldn't doubt that it would bottleneck a 390 even after overclocking it. Maybe need someone else to confirm or has tested this.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

I think the 6300 will be a problem at times, i wouldn't doubt that it would bottleneck a 390 even after overclocking it. Maybe need someone else to confirm or has tested this.

Maybe a little bit but not considerably. These days in Full HD the graficscard is your real bottleneck.

3.Use

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.80 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.20 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card  ($314.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.60 @ SuperBiiz)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($27.00 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor  ($106.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $898.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 10:00 EDT-0400

The site has changed....

how would i install windows onto it without it? and my room is like 80 ft away form the modem and i cant move it. I'm new to this.

also, you dont think that processor will inhibit the abilities of that GPU? and the monitor is 60hz 1080p so getting anything that will overpower that makes no sense

Download a Windows ISO, place it on flash drive, install from flash drive. You can pick up an ISO from Microsoft's website.

Also no, the i5-4460 is pretty high-end for gaming, I'd feel safe pairing a GTX 980 Ti with it. It's only within a 10-15% margin of difference from the i5-4690k which is already considered the best gaming CPU.

Maybe a little bit but not considerably. These days in Full HD the graficscard is your real bottleneck.

No, the bottleneck will be pretty heavy. Not only do AMD CPUs bottleneck anything at the GTX 960 / R9 380 level or higher, but AMD GPUs have a higher CPU overhead that will induce even more bottlenecking than an NVIDIA GPU would get.

tl;dr don't get an AMD CPU unless you want to hate yourself for it later

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Also no, the i5-4460 is pretty high-end for gaming, I'd feel safe pairing a GTX 980 Ti with it. It's only within a 10-15% margin of difference from the i5-4690k which is already considered the best gaming CPU.

do you think i could use this cpu to crossfire two high end cards? such as the R9 290 or gtx 970

do you think i could use this cpu to crossfire two high end cards? such as the R9 290 or gtx 970

It's very likely you could. Just remember that you'll need a beefy power supply to actually support the R9 290 crossfire. The GTX 970 can use as little as a 650W PSU however.

You should not be considering the 290. 390 or 970.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

It's very likely you could. Just remember that you'll need a beefy power supply to actually support the R9 290 crossfire. The GTX 970 can use as little as a 650W PSU however.

Nvidia recommends 750 psu for 2 970 sli tho.

Anyway if you want to sli 970,it is  better to get a single 980 ti

The site has changed....

You should not be considering the 290. 390 or 970.

You get a lot better bang for the buck with a 290 compared to a 390. And the money you save can be invested in an SSD which would definitely by worth it.

3.Use

The general problem is just that like a 750 dollar SLI/Crossfire ready high end gaming setup. In the end you won't be able to fit all of that into the budget. You will have to make compromises

3.Use

Nvidia recommends 750 psu for 2 970 sli tho.

NVIDIA recommends it but that doesn't mean it isn't capable of working on a 650W power supply, my 650W could probably support my 980 in SLI, but I'd sacrifice efficiency by quite a bit.

@Ders

I think I finally managed to get everything you wanted. Hope you're happy. Has anybody still got a better idea?

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (NFC Express Edition) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Azza 850W ATX Power Supply  ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $902.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 12:32 EDT-0400

3.Use

@Ders

I think I finally managed to get everything you wanted. Hope you're happy. Has anybody still got a better idea?

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (NFC Express Edition) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.00 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Azza 850W ATX Power Supply  ($55.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $902.42

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-03 12:32 EDT-0400

this is a great build, but i actually managed to find myself a used Asus r9 290 directcu ii for only $220 on r/hardwareswap and i'm extremely happy about that because of the quality and rarity of the card.