Case Fans and Cooling Recomendations

ConnorDahne

My case is running a little toasty, and I'm thinking of upgrading from the stock fans..
I have two non refference msi 970's in a corsair 200r (planning skills baby)
It gets a little too hot for comfort, it physically makes my room hotter at times, and my top card runs at about 75-79c under load and bottom around 65c
I've looked at noctuas, but I'm not super familiar with af, sp, and intake/outake set ups.

-EDIT-

Sorry forgot to iclude budget. 
Really any budget, anything less than 150usd, so any case fans lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

NOCTUA NFF-12. :):):D

Or if you prefer LED's in your fans, I went with Corsair fan's because of that reason.

Thanks!

Chris R.

Led's seen distracting to me, but that's just personal preference..
Does it matter if I use nf-f12 for intake or outake??
Can I still buy the linus noctuas?

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I'm not sure about how much the front panel on the 200R chokes the fan intakes but given my front fans are a little starved also, I'd say your best bet is to try Noctua NF-S12A there. Definitely use the NF-S12A at the rear for the exhaust fan.

I used to have NF-F12 x2 in the front of my case, and the temperatures dropped by 2c minimum across the board by changing them up to NF-S12A x2 (plus the 3-5c I had already gotten from changing the stock fans out in the first place) - but this will be different as you come to each individual's scenario.

If you're unsure, the NF-F12 aren't terrible so worst case it just won't be as effective - YMMV.

I'm pretty sure I could fit a thin profile fan on my side panel.

I never see amyone doing this. My cards are really the only thing getting hot..
So could I put new intake/outake and one on side panel??

It's actually a good sign that your fans are working properly if you room is getting hotter because it means that your fans are pulling the hot air out of the case into the room.

I'm considering just backing down the core clock for a couple weeks, and getting a case with more room to breathe and better airflow.

Would I be likely to notice a difference with a bigger case with better airflow over improved fans in current case?

Currently in corsair 200r, looking at the enthoo luxe.

@PCPartPickerPro9171787 That actually makes a lot of sense.. Never heard anyone put it that way.

Better cooling doesn't change the amount of heat the system will output into your room. 

Other than that, your current temps are fine. 

I'm considering just backing down the core clock for a couple weeks, and getting a case with more room to breathe and better airflow.

Would I be likely to notice a difference with a bigger case with better airflow over improved fans in current case?

Better cooling comes from getting cool air to components and heat out as quickly as possible. Larger than necessary cases tend to have worse and not better airflow due to more dead space. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.