MSI Z87-G45 Flash update failed... Computer destroyed

So about a week ago I was just doing some regular updates on my computer, suddenly Msi live update popped up. So I thought why not give everything an update, not noticing that it wanted to update the bios as well. I've read in the past about not updating bios through this application. I proceeded anyways. After the instal finished and the computer restarted. it randomly restarts to an error is Swedish which translates to no operating system found. I believe it failing destroyed my hard drive and locked it because going to bios and getting it running still worked properly. I then tried to do a fresh instal of Windows 10 on a new hard drive and it still wouldn't work.. Gave me the error at the instal screen when ever trying to select the new or any other hard drive. It said , Windows couldn't detect or create a new partition. And then told me to go into the log on files. My Warranty is up with my motherboard so I'm not sure if this is a motherboard problem and I'll need a new one or if I'll need a whole new computer ( graphics card, processor , ram, ect)

I've tried fixing the error through comdpromp but nothing has seemed to fix it. Can someone please tell me if I can just get away with buying a new motherboard? Or what I should do to fix this so I can instal windows. ( I'm booting off a usb, but I've also tried a disk as well) any information or help is welcome and greatly appreciated:)

Try reflashing the bios the proper way. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Will look it up [emoji26] hopefully it works. I've tried to reset it with cmos? I believe is the term. But I'm still getting the error on Windows instal :/

I feel this is sarcasm :/

I actually was being serious :P

Put the bios on a flash drive, and then boot into the bios, and it should give you an option to look for the bios on a flash drive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

haha well I've reset the cmos and am going to try fix the drives again hopefully this works if not I think a new motherboard it is

Put the bios on a flash drive, and then boot into the bios, and it should give you an option to look for the bios on a flash drive.

oh ok I see :/ well I don't have any more usbs [emoji23] only the one for my windows I'll try and find one and then try that though

haha well I've reset the cmos and am going to try fix the drives again hopefully this works if not I think a new motherboard it is

CMOS doesn't clear the BIOS. The actual BIOS ROM is messed up, and the EEPROM needs to be reflashed.

oh ok I see :/ well I don't have any more usbs [emoji23] only the one for my windows I'll try and find one and then try that though

I'm not sure how the flash drive needs to be formatted for a bios flash, but you can probably just copy the bios firmware onto the flash drive (leaving the windows installer intact) and just reflash.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not sure how the flash drive needs to be formatted for a bios flash, but you can probably just copy the bios firmware onto the flash drive (leaving the windows installer intact) and just reflash.

I'm pretty new to computers when it comes to things like this... So forgive me if this sounds dumb but how would I get the bios firmware onto the drive.

I'm pretty new to computers when it comes to things like this... So forgive me if this sounds dumb but how would I get the bios firmware onto the drive.

Download it from here: http://us.msi.com/support/mb/Z87-G45-GAMING.html#down-bios and then copy the file onto the flash drive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will try this but is there anyway I can update it from the disk that comes with my motherboard?

I don't believe so, but you never want to install anything off of any of those CDs anyway since everything on them is incredibly outdated. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't believe so, but you never want to install anything off of any of those CDs anyway since everything on them is incredibly outdated.

I'm just getting to putting it on a usb now. But my main question is if this doesn't work do I buy a new motherboard or am I stuck with buying everything over again

So about a week ago I was just doing some regular updates on my computer, suddenly Msi live update popped up. So I thought why not give everything an update, not noticing that it wanted to update the bios as well. I've read in the past about not updating bios through this application. I proceeded anyways. After the instal finished and the computer restarted. it randomly restarts to an error is Swedish which translates to no operating system found. I believe it failing destroyed my hard drive and locked it because going to bios and getting it running still worked properly. I then tried to do a fresh instal of Windows 10 on a new hard drive and it still wouldn't work.. Gave me the error at the instal screen when ever trying to select the new or any other hard drive. It said , Windows couldn't detect or create a new partition. And then told me to go into the log on files. My Warranty is up with my motherboard so I'm not sure if this is a motherboard problem and I'll need a new one or if I'll need a whole new computer ( graphics card, processor , ram, ect)

I've tried fixing the error through comdpromp but nothing has seemed to fix it. Can someone please tell me if I can just get away with buying a new motherboard? Or what I should do to fix this so I can instal windows. ( I'm booting off a usb, but I've also tried a disk as well) any information or help is welcome and greatly appreciated:)

The NOT finding a new partion or drive, I've had that, are YOU using a flashdrive to install windows? Like I was...?

I pulled my hair out with both W7/W10 not installing with THAT same msg, common thing is using a flash drive to do it, pulled out the external DVD, made one on another laptop, was fine first time. Put Windows onto a DVD and install, not using flash drives (worked for me)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The NOT finding a new partion or drive, I've had that, are YOU using a flashdrive to install windows? Like I was...?

I pulled my hair out with both W7/W10 not installing with THAT same msg.

Put it onto a DVD, and its fine (worked for me)

yeah I'm using a usb:/ it worked once without a problem and then my bios locked out my ssd card and every other hard drive now I keep getting the error even on a new ssd

yeah I'm using a usb:/ it worked once without a problem and then my bios locked out my ssd card and every other hard drive now I keep getting the error even on a new ssd

I've also tried it on a Windows 7 instal disk still gave me the same error

Your bios does not lock out anything, thats the Windows Setup doing that.

Yeah, just use a DVD and you can select ANY drive in the Setup.

I've also tried it on a Windows 7 instal disk still gave me the same error

Oh, well that never happened here,...(I had this just two days ago)

Unplug ALL drives in your machine, only keeping the SSD installed and the DVD drive.

If its having issues with its MBR still and now allowing an install, then you may have to use the windows setup DOS repair area to wipe the SSD properly (un-allocated) so it can be installed again.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've tried :/ it doesn't work at all. I wish it was that easy

I've tried :/ it doesn't work at all. I wish it was that easy

I don't know what I could be because I've read that this happens with this motherboard :/ Im flashing the new bios now so we will see once it's done pray to gabe:)

Oh, well that never happened here,...(I had this just two days ago)

Unplug ALL drives in your machine, only keeping the SSD installed and the DVD drive.

If its having issues with its MBR still and now allowing an install, then you may have to use the windows setup DOS repair area to wipe the SSD properly (un-allocated) so it can be installed again.

the ssd is gone :/ I've tried every solution I've seen so far to fix it through command prompt. So is switched to a whole new drive but i just finished flashing the new bios update so let's hope it works

the ssd is gone :/ I've tried every solution I've seen so far to fix it through command prompt. So is switched to a whole new drive but i just finished flashing the new bios update so let's hope it works

Did it work?

Did it work?

IT WORKED 2 weeks of waiting for a new harddrive and I could of fixed it a long time ago THANKS to everyone who offered solutions :) I had to properly re flash the bios and it got rid of all errors and Windows is downloading from my usb lol yay!!! Cs go here I come

IT WORKED 2 weeks of waiting for a new harddrive and I could of fixed it a long time ago THANKS to everyone who offered solutions :) I had to properly re flash the bios and it got rid of all errors and Windows is downloading from my usb lol yay!!! Cs go here I come

I have to admit, thats a HELL of a Thread Title...it got me intrigued.

COMPUTER DESTROYED

That'll work :)

You ordered a new hard drive?