Star Wars Battlefront won't have a server browser but will use a"skill based matchmaking system"

Bouzoo

What if you want to play with a friend but there is a wide gap in skill between you and them?

Well, that sucks ass :(

How am i supposed to find friends :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What if you want to play with a friend but there is a wide gap in skill between you and them?

They say you'll be able to create a game so your friends can join, but it's interesting, are they gonna base skill on the best or the worst player?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just a warning, Battlefront is nothing like Jedi Outcast/Academy. Both those games have a heavy focus on story (unless you mean Multiplayer). I personally did not think the Battlefront series was particularly good - it was "alright" team based shooter action. The space battles were complete garbage. Lightsaber combat (limited to when you played as heroes) was simplistic at best.

The Saber combat system - especially in Jedi Academy - was much more comprehensive. Same with the force powers available.

Oh that combat system in Jedi Academy, it was so awesome at the time when the game was released, today it's like bashing your mouse while rotating camera like crazy and hoping you'd hit something.

Talking about that fight against your friend, before you construct a new lightsaber.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I smell valve (CS:GO MM). Smurfing too...

I hate GT 520MX.

CS:GO is a shitfest because of smurfs and cheaters. Also, it has a server browser as well as its ranked matchmaking.

Smurfing will more than likely be a factor on this platform as well, and some of the most fun on CS comes from the server browser (surfing, retake servers, 1v1 arenas)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Valve does this with CSGO, nobody bats an eye.

EA does it with Battlefront, everybody loses their minds.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

And everyone seems to be missing League of Legends. It's not a FPS, but has a match making system based on skill, and the pings are pretty good (depending on the zone... a ping of 60 in EUW is the equivalent of a ping of 10 in Korea)

I haven't liked most of what EA are doing with this game. And I know, it's a new experience of Battlefront, but I cant get it out of my head that so far, this game has less than the originals. Less than games that came out over a decade ago now. In my opinion, that's not acceptable, and I'd much rather play those, even if they wont be as fun gameplay wise as EA's Battlefront. Especially for £50. 

I mean, the game so far looks gorgeous and it gives me a huge nerd boner just to watch the game, but I don't feel like so far that it's worth the hefty price tag that EA are charging for it, no matter whether it is a triple A title or not. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Though that's a good point, there's a reason for it. 

CS never had a MM service before GO. People wanted it and asked for it for years, but because of limitations, it wasn't implemented until CS:GO, and even then, it wasn't originally planned. Not to mention that trying to get that game to a larger audience, Valve realised that they needed both, people both want ease of use and not having to use third party clients like you did in Source or 1.6. Not to mention, if they wanted people to stay invested into the game, they'd need some kind of ranking system as that's what a lot of people, including myself like. When it comes to a skill based game like CS:GO, I'd say an MM system works. For a game like Battlefront, I don't think it will. The game doesn't look skill based and thus, still needs community driven servers to keep the game alive for those that will be playing it for years, and knowing Star Wars fans, they will be. 

As I said, the game seems to be lacking big features and is turning into another consolised game for sure. At least, that's what I see. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

They say you'll be able to create a game so your friends can join, but it's interesting, are they gonna base skill on the best or the worst player?

I imagine it'll be based on whoever creates the game/lobby, which leaves the system wide open to abuse.

didnt read all replies but this will suck in about 3 months when people who are godlike buy 10 copies of the game on sale just so they can smurf with a new account and ruin the experience for players who are either new or very average

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I actually like this. You won't be a level 1 getting spawn camped by level 100s. amd if you're worried about joining friends games, then I'm sure you can. You can be a silver and play with a global master on CSGO.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I imagine it'll be based on whoever creates the game/lobby, which leaves the system wide open to abuse.

It will probably even it out like CSGO.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

As long as you can play with friends by joining their game, It won't be the end of the world. The biggest problem with EA servers is that they go down worse than flat coke, and having "that server" that you like the best is balls when its always crashing.

That's if you have EA based servers. Proper PC games and ports should have at least the option to have user run dedicated servers. We shouldn't accept anything less, specially from EA that might arbitrarily decide "yeah fuck that game" within a relatively short lifespan and render the entire game useless.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's if you have EA based servers. Proper PC games and ports should have at least the option to have user run dedicated servers. We shouldn't accept anything less, specially from EA that might arbitrarily decide "yeah fuck that game" within a relatively short lifespan and render the entire game useless.

Yeah true. Everything after Cod4:MW went down hill fast.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm so glad I dedcided long ago that I wasn't getting this game.

Train wreck isn't even close to describing it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

wow my interest in this game just went down to zero(if this really is the case and no server browser)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Smurfing will more than likely be a factor on this platform as well, and some of the most fun on CS comes from the server browser (surfing, retake servers, 1v1 arenas)

Smurfing is more common the cheaper the price of the game is. People in CS:GO buy their smurfs when the game is on sale at a really cheap price.

CS:GO HAS a server browser AND ranked matchmaking.

It's bad, but they're not going to change it as they already made the decision .. so we'll see how it works out.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I'm so glad I dedcided long ago that I wasn't getting this game.

Train wreck isn't even close to describing it.

I'm going to laugh so very hard if/when it does flop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And I was looking forward to this so much... There is no way I'm playing it unless they change this bs

By skill based I'm sure they'll do the same thing that every other matchmaking system does and allow party abuse, e.g. group of really good friends that stack a team and then steamroll the shit out of everybody.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.