Worst Computer Brand Ever

Go to solution Solved by railfan,

hp for same reasons

When i see what Alienware want for their PC´s, i can do nothing but shake my Head.

People are buying them at that price. Some people dont weant to build their own PC and would rather have a good gaming system with a Dell warranty attached.

Bashing Alienware has become a fetish for many people on this and other tech forums because they can act superior having build their own PC's

People are buying them at that price. Some people dont weant to build their own PC and would rather have a good gaming system with a Dell warranty attached.

Bashing Alienware has become a fetish for many people on this and other tech forums because they can act superior having build their own PC's

Dont see what's superior about it these Days. There are countless step by step torturials on YT.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Dont see what's superior about it these Days. There are countless step by step torturials on YT.

Indeed yet some people who biuld their own PC's look down on those who decide to buy prebuilt.

Indeed yet some people who biuld their own PC's look down on those who decide to buy prebuilt.

I only look down on Consoles :P

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I had one OEM desktop which was an AMD Phenom based Acer Predator PC. It sounded like a jet engine and eventually had a rattling PSU fan or something. Noisiest bastard you'd ever heard, but coming from a cheap Fujitsu-Siemens and after that a cheap HP laptop the performance was out of this world for me. That was like 5+ years ago, been on a custom built desktop since, never looked back.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

Asus

Because they build everything so damn well that I have been robbed of tech diversity.

IKR

I bought an ASUS tablet, and because it's so good, my sister and mother bought one too, instead of other brands. We could've tested other brands, but NOOOOOO, ASUS just had to make good stuff...

HP from my experience of them putting a mid range graphics card in the system, then using torx bits to cover all of the IO of the card with black caps labelled "Do not remove." They then sealed the deal with the most unreliable PSU that didn't even have a wattage label.

Oh my, they also swap pins on USB 3.0 headers. I put a friend's prebuilt HP in a new case (with some upgrades). No matter what, the front USB 3.0 wouldn't work. We even got the case replaced because we thought it was broken.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

That's a good question.

My answer would be pretty much all brand name prebuilt desktops. Why? Because computer specs listed as this: "4th gen Intel i5, 4 GB RAM, 500GB HDD" are not cool. Also, no listed features of the motherboard, or PSU specs. Mostly because their PSUs are made of Chinese shit-grade parts that would burn out while delivering more than 100 W of power. 

@Elapo 

swap pins on USB 3.0 headers

is that for real?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

My vote goes towards Corsair, Razer and MSI. I find Corsair products made for aesthetics rather than functionality. My 600t, the front intake fan has metal honeycomb flush with the fan. Thus causing unbearable noise, same with the top fan but it's exhaust up there so it's not as bad. 

The h100i I bought. Upon installing it, the risers for the pump are loose with ASRock and Asus motherboards. These motherboards are thinner than others from what I've skimmed from posts. I had to use rubber o-rings to get a better fit.

The TX650w psu I received back from them after my TX?550w took a dump out of no where. The TX650 is the v2 of the model that's supposed to have a variable fan speed. The one they sent back, which was brand new which was great ran at a constant speed at all times. The loudest fan in my case. I just thought that was normal of all PC case fans since Corsair was the first reputable brand I went with in this regard until I recently purchased an EVGA 750w G2 which runs just about silent. 

MSI for a motherboard I bought that had a fan on the northbridge? chipset that sounded like a jet taking off. MSI for a video card, 4000 series IIRC that artifact'd out of the box while gaming.

I'm starting to be very careful of what brand I buy from now. Ever since I've learned about smaller companies putting better R&D into their products compared to more known brands in other places besides computer tech which have leaked down on me to pc tech. More aware of things. I now look to see if a company actually made that product or outsourced it from another company to make and slapped their name on it. Like generic Walmart brand Great Value foods with the opposite of price decrease but rather a higher price for the name. 

The PSU I purchased from EVGA is outsourced, from a great brand I've read named Super Flower. I'm fine with this as the original manufacture makes great products. Again with the less known names, making better products than the named brand ones. See where I'm going with this? Read up on what you plan to buy and dig deep under the couch to see more about them. Astro A40's. The ones I received, the 2014? or latest edition ones are made by Skullcandy from one of the factory stickers on the box. Didn't know this until I seen it, and looked it up a bit and seen that Skullcandy just bought the name, not sure if they make the Astro A40's or not and doubt it. Similar to Harman hosting JBL/Infinity/AKG. Anyway...

Everyone chooses a brand to go with. I say look into the particular products in that range and research them a bit. No need to be a fanboy. Hell, Philips knocked it out of the park with their Fidelio X1 and X2 headphones. The same brand known for remote controls, tv's and other budget friendly products. Though, they have been around decades.

Also. I like ACER. At least the monitor I bought from them in 2006 or so. TN panel 1680x1050. For a TN panel, it does look extremely good, if not better than any IPS panel I've had including it's bigger brother the H276HL. The Asus VH236L? Or something like that is newer and looks like complete butt compared to it. The Acer TN I have has great viewing angles, on par with the IPS displays yet has better contrast. Maybe because it's a 20 inch? Not sure but it does look nice. Better colors than the GW2760HS BenQ beside it on my desk currently, though it's an AMVA panel. However I had a Sony 32w650a television which produces the best colors compared to any monitor I've had and it's also AMVA. Something about a lot of the TV's I've had, have better colors than the monitors I've had. I've had an LG IPS tv which had the best colors of any tv I had. 32LM6200 I believe was the model for that one. Getting way off topic here at 5am.

Also. the Razer Copperhead mouse I bought years ago is the only electronic I've ever in my entire life had disintegrate in my hands over time. Pretty much fell apart and the only thing holding things together was magic. Just waiting for Logitech to make a product similar to Razer's Orbweaver and it's G13 with mx cherry switches. 

Best? I say BFG Technologies. Their 7600gt I bought for my first PC build is still running strong after a decade in a computer in the living room. Anyway. Carry on.

@Elapo 

is that for real?

I am not kidding. I didn't know that was the reason at the time, but a guy who worked at a certified HP repair point told me later.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I am not kidding. I didn't know that was the reason at the time, but a guy who worked at a certified HP repair point told me later.

Wow, that's just lame... spend more money on proprietary equipment, right? Damn leeches.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Apple.

I say Apple because they false marketing and they have developed a fanboyism ever since Steve Jobs came back from NeXT. Another reason I do not like their brand is because they are one of the only companies I know of where a manjority of their employees think death is a better option that working for them, even their workers have to make money for their family.

Computer manufacturers are just like any other product manufacturer in any industry, ever.

If you buy the cheap, low-end models you get cheap, low-end products.

There was a time when Dell caught a lot of flack for being the worst computer manufacturer ever, but these people were buying the $400 Dell Inspiron laptops off of Walmart shelves with plastic 800x600 screens or the $600 Dell Dimension 2400 desktops. But if you bought a high-end Dell XPS and got a warranty you'd have a solid, replaceable product that would last you 5+ years. Personally I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 16 laptop with zero hardware issues, and a Dell Dimension 4600 desktop close to 15 years with zero hardware issues.

The bigger issues are the manufacturers who try to pass themselves off as premium, who might actually have decent products, but are egregiously overpriced and also overmarket lame/unimportant features (Alienware).

My vote goes to HP but that vote is based on personal experiance alone. My Toshiba laptop outlives the HP I bought to replace it's replacement.

In response to the comments on Corsair I have to argue that Corsair offers great products, again using personal experiance. Not a fan of their peripherals
but I have all Corsair fans in my Corsair C70 case and the do their job quietly and efficiantly. With the help of a fan controller though.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Alienware is way too over priced tho. A pc with a 750 ti for $1100 CAD? Really?

Apple.

I say Apple because they false marketing and they have developed a fanboyism ever since Steve Jobs came back from NeXT. Another reason I do not like their brand is because they are one of the only companies I know of where a manjority of their employees think death is a better option that working for them, even their workers have to make money for their family.

Your post really makes me think back of my original 2015 smartphone route. Right now, I am waiting for the new iPhone to come out. But a few weeks before that, I was originally going to get a Windows Phone & get Windows 10 Mobile when it comes out. However, I was dissuaded from that route.