gtx 660 on newer games

Axelz

I have a gtx 660 and i play minecraft and cs with good framerates, but im looking to start playing newer games like metal gear solid and stuff. Should i upgrade it to a 970/980 ti or wait a while this gpu.

I have the money 2 upgrade but you know its always spending money....

wat really makes me feel bad about upgrading is that my cousin has a really bad pc, and he would look really wrongly at me if i upgraded.

wat really makes me feel bad about upgrading is that my cousin has a really bad pc, and he would look really wrongly at me if i upgraded.

Oh.

Unless you want to play anything at max settings there is little to no reason to upgrade.

It's pretty much right at the minimum requirements for MGS. You'll have to turn everything way down to maintain 60fps.

I have a gtx 660 and i play minecraft and cs with good framerates, but im looking to start playing newer games like metal gear solid and stuff. Should i upgrade it to a 970/980 ti or wait a while this gpu.

I have the money 2 upgrade but you know its always spending money....

My old 660 from Gainward was capable of running The Witcher 3 on medium settings at around 45-50fps stable, however I would not recommend this card to more demanding games.

Maybe consider giving your cousin your 660 and get yourself a either Radeon R9 390 if you have a good 600W+ power supply, or if 600W or below GTX 970, and you'd be golden.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Unless you want to play anything at max settings there is little to no reason to upgrade.

It's pretty much right at the minimum requirements for MGS. You'll have to turn everything way down to maintain 60fps.

ye but it even with everything at lowest it wont run everygame on stable 60fps i bet

ye but it even with everything at lowest it wont run everygame on stable 60fps i bet

At 1080p, no.

Give him the 660 and buy the 980 ti

My old 660 from Gainward was capable of running The Witcher 3 on medium settings at around 45-50fps stable, however I would not recommend this card to more demanding games.

Maybe consider giving your cousin your 660 and get yourself a either Radeon R9 390 if you have a good 600W+ power supply, or if 600W or below GTX 970, and you'd be golden.

considering that, the thing is even with the gpu i bet he would nt have the money or the will to buy the other parts.

Get a GTX 750ti superclocked if you on a budget atm

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon