Tesla Model 3 gets priced

jos

SNIP

the Model 3 is designed to take on the 3 Series, A4, Mondeo etc small premium saloon vehicles

The interior and touch screen are pretty nice, IMO, its not as refined as BMW/Audi/Mercedes but its certainly on par with other car manufacturers, 

The handling is not perfect, but its hardly bad, its their FIRST EVER car...its got the performance petrol heads want, its got cheap running costs and impeccable warranty, insane safety standards for families etc

Its like "ok it handles worse but my family wont die and I dont have to pay thousands out in petrol and road tax, and I probably never need to buy new parts for it"

Charging stations are growing in europe, heck there are a few Nissan leafs and such here in the car park where I work, and for 99% of people, the range on these vehicles is enough for their daily life and they can just charge it at night before work

They are not perfect but I think they will sell very well

heck I might even consider a Model 3 myself depending on its price in the UK

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This summer we did 1250KM in about 16 hours (which was still incredibly slow, but whatever), but we didn't eat at restaurants or so, but at random places next to the highway. And I don't think there can appear a lot of charge locations all over France all of a sudden :P

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_EU/supercharger

You all think a $35k car is expensive..? Ohh boy wait until you see the prices of the other vehicles you oogle at.

So because other things are more expensive, 35k is not expensive?

$35k isn't expensive to begin with, for a vehicle.

Yea...35k is what your average non-luxury sedan can end up costing these days. It really isn't much comparatively speaking. Of course, base models these days come very well equipped (Hyundai/Kia for example just give you gigantic screens with navigation in the BASE models these days) but these automakers know that people buying cars, not the internet experts who talk about them, also want cars that are better built and more luxurious. Which is why you can add 10-15k in options to a Sonata and have a ridiculously loaded car with tech unheard of 10 years ago in the same segment. 

For Tesla to land at 35k is brilliant. It gets all those people who would've otherwise bought a loaded Fusion, Optima et al AND it also gets those who buy more entry level BMW/Merc/Audi cars that also start at around 30-35k. 

Tesla won't go into the sub-20k market for a long, long time. Maybe never. 35k is the cheap price point for people who actually will have a car like this as a daily driver. 

Yea...35k is what your average non-luxury sedan can end up costing these days. It really isn't much comparatively speaking. Of course, base models these days come very well equipped (Hyundai/Kia for example just give you gigantic screens with navigation in the BASE models these days) but these automakers know that people buying cars, not the internet experts who talk about them, also want cars that are better built and more luxurious. Which is why you can add 10-15k in options to a Sonata and have a ridiculously loaded car with tech unheard of 10 years ago in the same segment. 

For Tesla to land at 35k is brilliant. It gets all those people who would've otherwise bought a loaded Fusion, Optima et al AND it also gets those who buy more entry level BMW/Merc/Audi cars that also start at around 30-35k. 

Tesla won't go into the sub-20k market for a long, long time. Maybe never. 35k is the cheap price point for people who actually will have a car like this as a daily driver. 

I think I saw some news post that the Model 3 will start at $29k which honestly isn't bad. It's probably a very capable SUV off road and on road while still being pretty damn luxurious. Yeah people complain that the Model S isn't as "refined" as higher end cars but people have to remember there's less to have in a Model S, and thereby a Model 3 because there's a giant freaking screen in the dash for everything. They're still pretty luxurious though, I sat in a Mode S and the seats were very nice. :D

IF it is 35 Grand, Gas powered cars better start running

And, what if you want to drive 1250KM in one day? Then you're basically screwed with an electric car lol.

What about the superchargers??? You go get a coffee, while your car is charging and when you come back, you have like more than 50% already filled.

What about the superchargers??? You go get a coffee, while your car is charging and when you come back, you have like more than 50% already filled.

Or stop for lunch...

I think I saw some news post that the Model 3 will start at $29k which honestly isn't bad. It's probably a very capable SUV off road and on road while still being pretty damn luxurious. Yeah people complain that the Model S isn't as "refined" as higher end cars but people have to remember there's less to have in a Model S, and thereby a Model 3 because there's a giant freaking screen in the dash for everything. They're still pretty luxurious though, I sat in a Mode S and the seats were very nice. :D

Did you confuse the 3 and X? The X is the SUV, the 3 is the sedan :P

Anyway, I fully agree, $35k is nothing for a new car. Your average person isn't buying a piece of crap $10k junker. $35k is your normal sedan price. Getting a loaded Jetta or Fusion or whatever else can easily reach or even surpass $35k.

Actual "luxury" sedans start at closer to $50k.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Did you confuse the 3 and X? The X is the SUV, the 3 is the sedan :P

Anyway, I fully agree, $35k is nothing for a new car. Your average person isn't buying a piece of crap $10k junker. $35k is your normal sedan price. Getting a loaded Jetta or Fusion or whatever else can easily reach or even surpass $35k.

Actual "luxury" sedans start at closer to $50k.

I did. Regardless, you can probably take it on a trail anyways.

There's a Tesla charging station in my town.

But I feel that I won't be seeing many model threes.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum