Tesla Model 3 gets priced

jos

3 years after the launch I will have one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 years after the launch I will have one

I'm hoping to be on the same trajectory. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

We already knew this for a while. He always said Model 3 Base Model would be a $35K car. It also won't be a AWD (for the base model) and the range he's trying to achieve is 250 miles (~400Km). Not bad IMO!

And? Your battery will likely break only once in the lifetime of owning your car. So your argunent is invalid.

AND THEY HAVE a 8-10 FUCKING YEAR WARRENTY

And they're non repairable by hand

so...everyone loves tesla customer service 

Batteries won't break, but they will wear out after some years. And as far as I know, for the cars my parents own/owned, the things that broke most were electrical things.

8-10 year warrenty bruh

8-10 year warrenty bruh

Still not enough for the lifetime of one car, especially if it's an expensive car.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Still not enough for the lifetime of one car, especially if it's an expensive car.

Im sure, most well sell and buy a new one.

and tesla does buy backs

keep in mind all other cars have what 3 year warranty? some at 5?

Most cars only come with 3 or 4 year warranties, with an arbitrary KM limit (Something like "4 years or 80,000 KM Warranty"). You have to pay extra - often thousands of dollars - to get a warranty that covers until 7-8 years.

Telsa is very expensive - no question - but they also don't nickel and dime you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This is what Ive been waiting for

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

My next car. Unless there's a Model 3 v2 out by the time I need a new car.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Most cars only come with 3 or 4 year warranties, with an arbitrary KM limit (Something like "4 years or 80,000 KM Warranty"). You have to pay extra - often thousands of dollars - to get a warranty that covers until 7-8 years.

That's ridiculous.

I knew Tesla was a good/nice company, but all those little awesome things added up make it a great company, I think :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Even tho , I woulnt get that car , or any electric car for that matter , even tho electrics are the future , but its to early to invest in a electric car. 

I would prefer get a GTI For 38.000 Second hand. 

Batteries won't break, but they will wear out after some years. And as far as I know, for the cars my parents own/owned, the things that broke most were electrical things.

First of all, you have a 8 year warranty on the battery. Regarding electronics, every car has electronics so I don't get your point electrical cars break more than petrol. The only difference these cars have is the engine/no engine.

First of all, you have a 8 year warranty on the battery. Regarding electronics, every car has electronics so I don't get your point electrical cars break more than petrol. The only difference these cars have is the engine/no engine.

Indeed. Mechanical/moving parts are most likely to fail in any given system. Hence why SSD's are inherently more reliable compared to HDD's (aside from early gen SSD's).

An Internal Combustion Engine is infinitely more complex a system, with a ridiculous number of moving parts - that's far more likely to fail compared to an electric motor. Electric motors are very reliable, as long as you operate them within spec.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

AND THEY HAVE a 8-10 FUCKING YEAR WARRENTY

so...everyone loves tesla customer service 

Hyundai has a 10 year powertrain warranty, and an unlimited hybrid battery warranty. Does that automatically make them great regardless of other opinions on the company?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Hyundai has a 10 year powertrain warranty, and an unlimited hybrid battery warranty. Does that automatically make them great regardless of other opinions on the company?

Yes because it means Hyundai stands behind their products and they know their products are well made enough to warrant such a high warranty period. 

i was expecting something higher knowing what i know about tesla

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Yes because it means Hyundai stands behind their products and they know their products are well made enough to warrant such a high warranty period. 

Toyota and Lexus is built pretty well, why don't they offer a warranty like theirs?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Toyota and Lexus is built pretty well, why don't they offer a warranty like theirs?

market demand. I forgot the fancy economics word for it but Toyota's potential sales vs cost analysis showed that they'd be more profitable if they stuck with their current warranty plan. They don't need to have a fancy warranty plan as they already sell so many cars. Hyundai on the other hand (including Tesla) don't have the market presence like their big competitors like Toyota do so they say "hey, our cars are built well too and we have the warranty to back it up".

market demand. I forgot the fancy economics word for it but Toyota's potential sales vs cost analysis showed that they'd be more profitable if they stuck with their current warranty plan. They don't need to have a fancy warranty plan as they already sell so many cars. Hyundai on the other hand (including Tesla) don't have the market presence like their big competitors like Toyota do so they say "hey, our cars are built well too and we have the warranty to back it up".

Not to mention that companies like Toyota, VW, Ford, etc, make a TON of profit off selling people extended warranties for their new cars.

If you're handy with car maintenance and repair, then such a warranty is often not worth it. But if you are pretty hands off, then an extended warranty for a car can be a life-saver. I got an extended warranty on my new car - precisely because I didn't want to have to deal with big repairs while still paying it off. It'll probably be totally fine, but to me, it's not worth the hassle if something major does go wrong.

Car Manufacturers that offer those extended warranties for free give a great incentive. If I didn't live in an apartment, I'd consider a Model 3 as my daily driver.

Because they sell their products (read: brand) on the basis of 'quality'; a legacy Toyota has built over decades.

Because they sell their products (read: brand) on the basis of 'quality'; a legacy Toyota has built over decades.

Yup. This is probably the biggest thing. Tesla especially is not only a newcomer to the market but also trying to push an electric standard that's new for customers. Unlike Toyota who has been making combustion cars for decades, Tesla is new and the technology is new so customers are likely to be wary of problems. To solve this, Tesla offers a generous warranty to alleviate any concerns about both their name brand and their tech.

The Model 3 shouldn't be compared to Golf because Tesla will be more expensive if you want something nicer than a syrian prison and it's not a small hatchback. It should compete with BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 etc., but will it be able to? As a brave engineering achievement the Model S is very impressive, but it is not a great car. The interior certainly looks like it's a $20k car, but it is in fact 5 times more expensive, the handling is bad because of gigantic weight, the ride is not very comfortable for such a big sedan, the big touch screen without any buttons is just a bad solution in terms of usability. Tesla just lacks experience, they can't yet compete with car manufacturers that has been doing this for 100 years.

I doubt it will be sucessful in Europe since most europeans don't have a garage to recharge the car at overnight. Tesla superchargers are not exactly abundant as well.