Tesla Model 3 gets priced

jos
To be accurate, Musk says production on the Model 3 will take place in “about” two years. The sticking point seems to be Tesla’s Gigafactories, which need to be fully operational before Model 3s can start rolling off the production line.

Model 3, our smaller and lower cost sedan will start production in about 2 years. Fully operational Gigafactory needed.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 2, 2015

But Musk is promising the Model 3 will be unveiled in March, and pricing will start at $35,000 (which Musk eluded to before). If you’re willing to wait for delivery, you can also pre-order a Model 3 early next year.

@elonmusk $35k price, unveil in March, preorders start then. — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 2, 2015

Now that is much better... after seeing the pricing of model X

RIP Golf in EU.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sweet. If I start saving now Ill be able to buy one when the first wave of users finish their lease.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

RIP Golf in EU.

Nah, some people just don't want electric cars, for example because of cost.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

RIP Golf in EU.

Not happening. The Golf has such pedigree here I don't think anything can kill it. Especially here on Balkan.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

And they're non repairable by hand

And, what if you want to drive 1250KM in one day? Then you're basically screwed with an electric car lol.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

And, what if you want to drive 1250KM in one day? Then you're basically screwed with an electric car lol.

stop at a hotel for the night.... xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

assuming you line up your meal break locations with super charge locations tesla's has the charge locations to get you from boston to florida in a single 24 hour period easily. well over 1250KM

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

stop at a hotel for the night.... xD

But I wanna go homeee.... :P

assuming you line up your meal break locations with super charge locations tesla's has the charge locations to get you from boston to florida in a single 24 hour period easily. well over 1250KM

This summer we did 1250KM in about 16 hours (which was still incredibly slow, but whatever), but we didn't eat at restaurants or so, but at random places next to the highway. And I don't think there can appear a lot of charge locations all over France all of a sudden :P

No you're not. Learn what electric cars from Tesla have to offer before making conments like these.

And they're non repairable by hand

And? Your battery will likely break only once in the lifetime of owning your car. So your argunent is invalid.

Wtf cost? Are you fucking kidding me?

You gave the answer yourself:

And? Your battery will likely break only once in the lifetime of owning your car. So your argunent is invalid.

No you're not. Learn what electric cars from Tesla have to offer before making conments like these.

They go about 400-500KM IIRC. which is one third of 1250KM. This means you have to fully charge your car about three times, AND drive 1250KM in 16 hours (or less is even better). Good luck.

They go about 400-500KM IIRC. which is one third of 1250KM. This means you have to fully charge your car about three times, AND drive 1250KM in 16 hours (or less is even better). Good luck.

an 80% tesla charge (on one of their chargers) is 30 min; 45min too 100%. That makes it easily possible too hit that distance traveled in 16 hours.

You gave the answer yourself:

It takes around 20 mins to recharge half the battery, from flat. Bam. You can do it in one day.

an 80% tesla charge (on one of their chargers) is 30 min; 45min too 100%. That makes it easily possible too hit that distance traveled in 16 hours.

That's awesome. Didn't know that. You learn something new every day :) The only thing is that you still have to find places to charge it. Can you charge it on any outlet?

That won't out cost your peteol machine...

Are you sure (not that I am lol)? Usually the things that break are electronic things, and these cars are basically only electricity, and nothing more :P I've never had an engine or so fail.

But I wanna go homeee.... :P

This summer we did 1250KM in about 16 hours (which was still incredibly slow, but whatever), but we didn't eat at restaurants or so, but at random places next to the highway. And I don't think there can appear a lot of charge locations all over France all of a sudden :P

1250km in 16 hours ?! 

Ive done 700 miles (1126 km) in 10 hours before xD

though I am in the US. less traffic maybe? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1250km in 16 hours ?! 

Ive done 700 miles (1126 km) in 10 hours before xD

though I am in the US. less traffic maybe? 

That's what I meant with that it could be a little faster. We stopped way too often and too long. The traffic was fine though, we drove about 120/130KM/h / 75-80MPH.

That's what I meant with that it could be a little faster. We stopped way too often and too long. The traffic was fine though, we drove about 120/130KM/h / 75-80MPH.

ah yeah its the stops that get you. I believe I drove around the same speed. 

Interesting to know that our roads are roughly the same in terms of driving time (though obviously germany beats us with the Autobahn lol). I've never been to France. 

Spoiler

That's awesome. Didn't know that. You learn something new every day :) The only thing is that you still have to find places to charge it. Can you charge it on any outlet?

Are you sure (not that I am lol)? Usually the things that break are electronic things, and these cars are basically only electricity, and nothing more :P I've never had an engine or so fail.

Yes.

Yes. The battery won't break. It's electricity, not an engine with so manny complicated parts.

Yes you can, over here in the US 115v charging takes an age (as in overnight would not get you anywhere near a full charge ) 

but your in the EU go here: http://www.teslamotors.com/en_EU/models-charging#/calculator

half way down the page there is a calculator that will tell you how much charge you can get on the outlet you have available.

the slowest option will only net you a little over 110 KM over 8 hours but a outlet for a range or dryer would get it completely filled in 14 hours next up will do it in 9 hours but I an unsure if that is a standard outlet  over there.

Yes.

Yes. The battery won't break. It's electricity, not an engine with so manny complicated parts.

Batteries won't break, but they will wear out after some years. And as far as I know, for the cars my parents own/owned, the things that broke most were electrical things.