Acer 200Hz Ultrawide curved non-TN G-Sync monitor - Makes baccon too

GoodBytes

The new Acer Predator Z35 is a new ultrawide curved 35inch monitor which features a resolution of 2560x1080 resolution.

The monitor has 178 degree view angle vertical and horizontal, on an AMVA. So no IPS here, but it's not a TN panel, which is something.

Predator%20Z35_wp_game_02_678x452.jpg

The monitor is a 200Hz monitor (144Hz normally, overclcoked to 200Hz).

So if you found 144Hz too mainstream, and non fluid, there is now 200Hz one!

It has 4ms response time (g2g), which interestingly enough Acer shares the ACTUAL response time of the monitor, and that is 12ms. I am surprised by this, because normally manufacture keeps that spec under closed door, as it is not marketable (looks bad), and easier to compare "1ms" monitor with others, and avoid the the "1ms" which are like 16ms or even 20ms.

Oh.. and did I mention is is NVIDIA's G-SYNC? Yea! G-Sync ready.

The monitor can be yours for only $1199.99 U.S

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9592/acer-announces-200hz-display

The downside of the monitor is that 35inch at this resolution won't be very sharp. So, it depends on your distance to you, in your computer setup.

It's.. It's beautiful :^) (unlike its price)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, one of these days we'll get 3440x1440 144hz

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

2560x1080 seriously? Also i thought 144hz was about the max perceivable difference so why over clock it and risk it dying sooner?

@LinusTech is probably really pumped right now.

One day you'll actually be able to game at that resolution with that frame-rate. ;)

i'm a potato

moar, we need moar hertz

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Asus have gotten real close to perfection with thier new ROG PG348Q. You should check it out. It's rumored to be 100Hz.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Still waiting for a 4k 144hz GSync Monitor

Because he had a hard drive.

Still waiting for a 4k 144hz GSync Monitor

You'd be waiting for a while seeing how not even 4 980ti can get anywhere near that on anything other than cs:go and other crappy looking old games

-------

Current Rig

-------

Asus have gotten real close to perfection with thier new ROG PG348Q. You should check it out. It's rumored to be 100Hz.

That's just a rebrand of the acer  one. I don't care if it's not freesync, 290x for life

Not exactly.

Hell, our eyes theoretically can detect up to around 250fps

Our eyes don't see in FPS. Quit trying to quantify organic things inorganically

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

That's just a rebrand of the acer

Our eyes don't see in FPS. Quit trying to quantify organic things inorganically

one. I don't care if it's not freesync, 290x for life

I put it in the best perspective that can easily be understood. If I knew what the eyes saw at (or if I gave a shit at that), I would specify.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That's just a rebrand of the acer

The panel probably, the whole thing? Far from it. Unlike the Acer's 75Hz FreeSync, the Asus is a 100Hz G-Sync Monitor. Also referring back to the previous swift monitors, Asus will probably have covered the majority of the flaws that the Acer Predator had. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

The panel probably, the whole thing? Far from it. Unlike the Acer's 75Hz FreeSync, the Asus is a 100Hz G-Sync Monitor. Also referring back to the previous swift monitors, Asus will probably have covered the majority of the flaws of the Acer Predator. 

Acer has a 100hz G-sync panel. This is guaranteed  to be the same panel.

It's basically the same monitor, except it's uglier, and is probably gonna cost more because muh rog

I put it in the best perspective that can easily be understood. If I knew what the eyes saw at (or if I gave a shit at that), I would specify.

They don't see at anything. It's a constant stream at the speed of light. You can't quantify something like that

Acer has a 100hz G-sync panel. This is guaranteed

They don't see at anything. It's a constant stream at the speed of light. You can't quantify something like that

to be the same panel.

It's basically the same monitor, except it's uglier, and is probably gonna cost more because muh rog

Still, can we agree that this monitor looks ugly as fuck?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.