Radiator Questions

Go to solution Solved by SonoDanshi,

If you have room for a 360mm or 420mm rad in your system then go for that over a single 240/280mm one.

You also need to buy 2 compression fittings per item in your loop but you have 4 components (CPU block, GPU block, pump/res combo and the radiator) so you'll need to order 8 fittings and not 6.

One last point - I see you have links to frozencpu. Whilst they are now back in business, after what happened I still wouldn't trust them with my money and would rather suggest performance-pcs as the safe option.

I am creating this build that I plan to buy: pcpartpicker.com/p/YG7dVn . What do you recommend I get: a two-fan radiator or a three-fan radiator. I'm kind of a noob at watercooling so any feedback would help. 

Thanks

Henry

I am creating this build that I plan to buy: pcpartpicker.com/p/YG7dVn . What do you recommend I get: a two-fan radiator or a three-fan radiator. I'm kind of a noob at watercooling so any feedback would help. 

Thanks

HenryI would get a three fan radiator

I would get a three fan radiator

If you have room for a 360mm or 420mm rad in your system then go for that over a single 240/280mm one.

You also need to buy 2 compression fittings per item in your loop but you have 4 components (CPU block, GPU block, pump/res combo and the radiator) so you'll need to order 8 fittings and not 6.

One last point - I see you have links to frozencpu. Whilst they are now back in business, after what happened I still wouldn't trust them with my money and would rather suggest performance-pcs as the safe option.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I have updated my thing to this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7YPcnQ . Thank you for your feedback, very much.

OK one last thing. The tubing and the compression fittings are incompatible. If you want to stick with the orange tubing in your link then you will need the following compression fittings:

XSPC Coin Fit V2 - G1/4 to 7/16 ID 5/8 OD Compression Fitting - Black Chrome

aaaaaaaaand I just noticed yet another thing. You've selected a multi port radiator that contains 6 potential ports for the water to move through. As you'll only be connecting 2 of those ports you'll need to plug the remaining 4 holes.

So grab 4 of these or something similar to this

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

OK one last thing. The tubing and the compression fittings are incompatible. If you want to stick with the orange tubing in your link then you will need the following compression fittings:

XSPC Coin Fit V2 - G1/4 to 7/16 ID 5/8 OD Compression Fitting - Black Chrome

aaaaaaaaand I just noticed yet another thing. You've selected a multi port radiator that contains 6 potential ports for the water to move through. As you'll only be connecting 2 of those ports you'll need to plug the remaining 4 holes.

So grab 4 of these or something similar to this

The rad will come with plugs installed so the OP will not need plugs...

I'd suggest that the OP gets a better motherboard though to match that power hungry CPU...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

The rad will come with plugs installed so the OP will not need plugs...

No it won't.

Please note: This product does not include G1/4" blanks, they can be purchased seperatley [sic]

No it won't.

$80+ and no blanks? Wow I'm actually shocked, my alphacool came with blanks and so did my 360, what a waste of money...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd