Metal Gear Solid 5 Download Problems

Bakala

So yesterday i started downloading this game and finished downloading it to about 90 percent before i had to leave and shutdown the computer. I returned today to finish the download and it has started all over again from zero on steam. When i go to "this pc" the disc space allocated is still marked as gone, making me think that the files i downloaded yesterday should still be there? What in the world is going on and what can i do?

So yesterday i started downloading this game and finished downloading it to about 90 percent before i had to leave and shutdown the computer. I returned today to finish the download and it has started all over again from zero on steam. When i go to "this pc" the disc space allocated is still marked as gone, making me think that the files i downloaded yesterday should still be there? What in the world is going on and what can i do?

Did you pause the download?

I once didn't pause the GTA V download and I turned off my PC and was in the same situation as you.

I get this a lot due to having auto-shutdown to stop my bandwidth from being used after free use time. Simply go into your steam downloads (/steamapps/download/*numbers*) folder and find which folder is your download for MGS V TPP, it should have an exe in it which then makes it pretty simple.

Once you have found it, copy the data somewhere safe and then go onto Steam and right click your MGS V TPP game and select the "Delete Local Content...", just double check to make sure you have moved the data already somewhere safe.

Once done, take the data inside of the folder (the folder with that random id) and place it into a folder in your common folder (steamapps/common/) and name it MGS_TPP so the directory would be (steamapps/common/MGS_TPP/). Once you have completed that, start your MGS V TPP download again on the same drive as that Steam folder. It will now discover the already downloaded files and continue downloading. Just give it some time to recognize it all.

Do note that the files will be removed one by one to the downloads folder again, so do not be worried when the files start disappearing from the commons folder.

To prevent this from happening again, I recommend to PAUSE your download and EXIT Steam before you shut-down as I have only ever had the problem due to shutting down when I have a download paused or going.

I get this a lot due to having auto-shutdown to stop my bandwidth from being used after free use time. Simply go into your steam downloads (/steamapps/download/*numbers*) folder and find which folder is your download for MGS V TPP, it should have an exe in it which then makes it pretty simple.

Once you have found it, copy the data somewhere safe and then go onto Steam and right click your MGS V TPP game and select the "Delete Local Content...", just double check to make sure you have moved the data already somewhere safe.

Once done, take the data inside of the folder (the folder with that random id) and place it into a folder in your common folder (steamapps/common/) and name it MGS_TPP so the directory would be (steamapps/common/MGS_TPP/). Once you have completed that, start your MGS V TPP download again on the same drive as that Steam folder. It will now discover the already downloaded files and continue downloading. Just give it some time to recognize it all.

Do note that the files will be removed one by one to the downloads folder again, so do not be worried when the files start disappearing from the commons folder.

To prevent this from happening again, I recommend to PAUSE your download and EXIT Steam before you shut-down as I have only ever had the problem due to shutting down when I have a download paused or going.

I believe i did everything but once it started downloading it erased the file i copied into the mgs_tpp folder, its all gone now, maybe i did a mistake, thanks anyways.

I believe i did everything but once it started downloading it erased the file i copied into the mgs_tpp folder, its all gone now, maybe i did a mistake, thanks anyways.

If you read the bottom half of my message, you'd see that I said it would remove the files in the MGS TPP folder and move them back into the download folder as it should of recognized the files. I personally got to 16gb last night and had this EXACT same issue this morning. I only had 7.5GB left after doing this process.

If you read the bottom half of my message, you'd see that I said it would remove the files in the MGS TPP folder and move them back into the download folder as it should of recognized the files. I personally got to 16gb last night and had this EXACT same issue this morning. I only had 7.5GB left after doing this process.

Oh i see, unfortunately it seems it didn't work in my case.