New Room Gaming Setup?

Hi! Well, this is my plan. Basicly, we have a huge living room in my flat and there is a lot of space left. So, I thought, well let's build a wall and make a small office behind it. Here are some pictures how we planned it.

Budget: $5k

Floor plan:

FLOOR.jpg

3D RENDER:

render.jpg

^^ - Brown shelf is random, program didn't have white ones.

image.jpg

image.jpg

^^ - That shelf is random, I didn't have corner ones in the program :P

image.jpg

Monitor would be wall mounted. Desk will only have front 2 legs, back will be mounted to the wall. On the other side of the wall is the tv, so I will have power from that wall. I was thinking about putting all the cables in the wall, and just drill a hole behind the monitor where it would come out (hdmi and power). Also, I was thinking to drill a hole under the monitor to put mouse and keyboard cables (card readers etc.) They will just be under the table with that IKEA cable holders.

So, how you would help me a lot :P

Basicly, we have IKEA here in Croatia. And I am looking for, well, everything :P Table, shelf, chairs etc.

Also, any ideas for storage would be also cool (I just put some random book thingy :P)

Thanks!!

EDIT: Question: Should the wall be all the way up, or should I leave some space? Like holes or something. Also, LED light will be put also.

nice. kinda small tho, did you have plan for ventilation? and depends on if you want privacy or not for the wall question, if yes then put wall all the way up, if no then leave a gap

nice. kinda small tho, did you have plan for ventilation? and depends on if you want privacy or not for the wall question, if yes then put wall all the way up, if no then leave a gap

It's small office, just for one guy. Well, privacy isn't a problem since I am home alone 98% of the time I spend at home :P Well, for ventilation, I was thinking to leave 2 gaps on the top. Like, the middle one (where my table is) goes all the way up, other two have a 20-30 cm gap.

I would jsut leave it open and put a nice desk in the corner, it will feel like a shoe box

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would jsut leave it open and put a nice desk in the corner, it will feel like a shoe box

That's basicly how it looks now, but it's a big mess. Again, a lot of space is free and just full of my crap (guitar, tripod, paintball gun xD) That's why I am truning it into my room, with storage and stuff. Also, since I film weddings and stuff, it's really nice to have a private room.

It's small office, just for one guy. Well, privacy isn't a problem since I am home alone 98% of the time I spend at home :P Well, for ventilation, I was thinking to leave 2 gaps on the top. Like, the middle one (where my table is) goes all the way up, other two have a 20-30 cm gap.

I like it, Its a good idea. Hopefully the final result doesnt look as stuffy as the pics. Idk how the weather is in Croatia. But right now in Canada its super hot, and soon it will be super cold, Canadian weather FTW right. Or u can just have like half a wall, so it feels like a new room but its not actually is.

I like it, Its a good idea. Hopefully the final result doesnt look as stuffy as the pics. Idk how the weather is in Croatia. But right now in Canada its super hot, and soon it will be super cold, Canadian weather FTW right. Or u can just have like half a wall, so it feels like a new room but its not actually is.

Well, it's hot here too :P But we have AC, so that ain't a problem. Pictures are just renders, we will change it a little bit. Also, same here :P It's 34 degrees celsius today, it will be 18 tomorrow haha

Well, it's hot here too :P But we have AC, so that ain't a problem. Pictures are just renders, we will change it a little bit. Also, same here :P It's 34 degrees celsius today, it will be 18 tomorrow haha

LOL wow suffering eh. Well it looks like its gonna be a good place to work, I would suggest dual monitors set up. I also like the idea of drilling holes to cable manage the keyboard and mouse, you can try to use the intergrated cable management on the monitor mounts. Or you did said that you're not a hardcore gamer so you can just get wireless keyboard and mouse, like the MX Master to get a cleaner look. And for storage I just use plastic shelf from Canadian Tire. They're cheap and simple.

So if you can find cheap shelf from ur local hardware store or ikea. Usually cheap wooden or plastic ones are good enough. Or you can try to find metal ones like the ones Linus has. I tried to find those but couldn't, and they're probably really expensive

So if you can find cheap shelf from ur local hardware store or ikea. Usually cheap wooden or plastic ones are good enough. Or you can try to find metal ones like the ones Linus has. I tried to find those but couldn't, and they're probably really expensive

I am a gamer, but I don't like wireless that much :P I'd rather have a good mechanical wired keyboard and a good mouse. You need to charge the wireless one, it's more expensive etc. I found a shelf in IKEA, it's white with a shiny look.

Okay, I decided to leave two gaps on the top for better air flow. Desk will be from IKEA (what most of you guys have) with 2 front legs also from IKEA. I don't know about the chair tho, since my one is crappy. Any good chairs? Also, I don't know where to put the hole for cables. One will be behind the monitor for HDMI and power. If I drill through the table, it's gonna be a visible hole. Should I drill the hole or something else? 

Okay, I decided to leave two gaps on the top for better air flow. Desk will be from IKEA (what most of you guys have) with 2 front legs also from IKEA. I don't know about the chair tho, since my one is crappy. Any good chairs? Also, I don't know where to put the hole for cables. One will be behind the monitor for HDMI and power. If I drill through the table, it's gonna be a visible hole. Should I drill the hole or something else? 

If you want a "gaming" chair you could get a DXracer

`

If you want a "gaming" chair you could get a DXracer

Good idea, only thing is that we don't have them in Croatia. But shipping isn't that expensive I think. I recomend a big soft chair, not leather (it gets hot here in Croatia). But they are good quality chairs, so I will probably go with them.

Hey lads, I found a great deal for monitor I will probably buy. I just want to share it with you, since there is a 24% discount on this one.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM65-P-25-21-Ultrawide/dp/B00I3GJ8RY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441303849&sr=8-1&keywords=21%3A9+monitor

I was thinking to go with the 34 inch version, since it's ultrawide screen and it will look awesome :)