Gigaset announces 3 new phones with fair pricing, one of which has 5GB of RAM (not a typo)

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.androidauthority.com/gigaset-me-me-pure-me-pro-638660/

Source 2 (Russian): http://mobiltelefon.ru/post_1441124054.html

Let's start with the elephant in the room. 

Gigaset ME Pro, the 5GB of RAM smartphone

-5.5" 1080p display

-4000mAh battery

-Snapdragon 810 clocked at 1.8GHz

-5GB of RAM

-32GB of storage with microSD expansion

-16MP main camera

-8MP front facing camera

-USB Type-C

-Will cost €550

a37a592c30.jpg

Gigaset ME

-5" 1080p display

-Snapdragon 810 clocked at 1.8GHz

-32GB of storage with microSD expansion

-3GB of RAM

-16MP main camera

-8MP front facing camera

-3000mAh battery

-USB Type-C

-Will cost €470

ea49b0b698.jpg

Gigaset ME Pure

-5" 1080p display

-2GB of RAM

-16GB of storage with microSD expansion

-Snapdragon 615

-13MP main camera

-8MP front facing camera

-3320mAh battery

-USB Type-C

-Will cost €350

9e2d4c7b35.jpg

All in all, I'd say that these are very fair prices for these phones, and they come with some pretty awesome specs too! If you live in Europe (more importantly somewhere in the UK, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France, Belgium, Italy, Turkey, and Poland) then you will be able to buy one of these new Gigaset smartphones. For the rest of us, we're out of luck, unless Gigaset sells the phone in your country (aka please come to the USA). Subtle moaning aside, these are definitely OnePlus Two competitors in Europe. 

Now then... That 5GB of RAM phone... Why? Why is there a need for this? Honestly, 2GB of RAM in a smartphone is enough for now. 3GB at most. 4GB was and is still silly. 5GB is just plain dumb. I don't get why any phone would need 5GB of RAM. Many years down the line, sure, maybe, but not now. 

Anyways, what do you guys and gals think about these new phones?

Here's a more complete spec sheet (for the Gigaset ME) for you to look over. I'd really like to see what network frequencies/bands are supported:

984bf1d193.png

COMIC SANS

Now then... That 5GB phone... Why? 

Because having big numbers makes idiots buy things

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The front view photos of the phone makes it look like a knock-off of the iPhone.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I would have taken 3gb with that 4000mah battery for a cheaper price. I'm interested in these phones too bad they didn't give a dumbed down version of the 5gb on with like an 808/3gb but kept battery. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't get anyone who would buy such an expensive phone...but I guess I don't see how 350$ for a phone is a fair price. :lol:

Anyways, they sort of look like iPhones from the front view. They will probably sell for that alone (because some people you know).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I really don't get 5GB... My notebook has 6 and that's more than enough.

And with 8Gb you can have some chrome tabs, a game and whatever, i don't see the need for that in a damn phone!

Linux works very good on devices with tiny amounts of RAM, i don't get it... Nice marketing gigaset.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Because having big numbers makes idiots buy things

I disagree, kind of.

It COULD increase the standard specs of other manufacturers if a major competitor did it, like Apple, Samsung, Sony etc.

But in 5.5" size i dont care how it turns out. Im in 5"-5.2" market.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I disagree, kind of.

It COULD increase the standard specs of other manufacturers if a major competitor did it, like Apple, Samsung, Sony etc.

But in 5.5" size i dont care how it turns out. Im in 5"-5.2" market.

Maybe but its not really necessary other than being a number to shove on adverts

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I thought that Gigaset was a Samsung Brand.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Maybe but its not really necessary other than being a number to shove on adverts

True, but they had to do something to catch attention. Im sure small percentage of people could make a use of it (extra heavy chrome/mozilla users).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Never heard of Gigaset before.

The 5 GB phone looks interesting : USB type C, big battery, 1080p screen (which I prefer over 1440p) but it's a bit expensive. I'm gonna stick to my plan to wait for the Nexus 5 and 1+3.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?