Console crusher cheaper than XboxOne! Ultimate budget build

I'd consider this a "Console Killer" system because personally I got the price down to, wait for brain fart, 326$ USD!  The specs are below. disclaimer:  I have 2 1tb WD Caviars with green power that are just layin' around so that's like 50 usd off right there.  All prices are in USD, United States Dollar.  These are New prices and are unused products so you could get POTENTIALLY cheaper prices on these if they are refurbished or used.

Case:  Fractal Design Core 1000, Price: 18.99$

CPU:  AMD X4 860X, Price: 74.99$

GPU:  750 Ti ASUS OC, Price:  104.99$

RAM:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 2X 4GB, Price:  42.99$

Motherboard:  GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ AMD A68H 4 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard,  Price:  45.99$

Power supply:  Thermaltake TR2 700W 80+ Bronze Certified,  Price:  39.99$

So can you help me with finding parts that could be even cheaper?

Posting this in 2 places because I don't know where to post PC builds lol

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

yes but want if u want 2 pley forza then ur rekt if u buy a pc

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

...Except that 4GB of RAM is NOT enough for gaming, and that the 750Ti is beaten by the R7 370 for the same price, by quite a big margin.

...Except that 4GB of RAM is NOT enough for gaming, and that the 750Ti is beaten by the R7 370 for the same price, by quite a big margin.

2x mean two so there are two 4 gig sticks

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

I'd consider this a "Console Killer" system because personally I got the price down to, wait for brain fart, 326$ USD!  The specs are below. disclaimer:  I have 2 1tb WD Caviars with green power that are just layin' around so that's like 50 usd off right there.  All prices are in USD, United States Dollar.  These are New prices and are unused products so you could get POTENTIALLY cheaper prices on these if they are refurbished or used.

Motherboard:  GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ AMD A68H 4 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard,  Price:  45.99$

The PS4 and Xbox have a lot lot lot more power than there specs show due to there architecture and what not a equivalent PC with same performance would set you back double the prices of the consoles

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

2x mean two so there are two 4 gig sticks

Oh k

The PS4 and Xbox have a lot lot lot more power than there specs show due to there architecture and what not a equivalent PC with same performance would set you back double the prices of the consoles

LMFAO no m8. While this PC might be just under or around the same level as a console, a $400 build (which by the way is pretty much console pricing, they range from like $350-450) can easily beat it.

Also there isn't an R7 370 on the market cheaper than the 105 usd 750ti

Bottom Line don't be cheap buy both there is advantage for having a console like for example the console only games or the fact you cant set it up in your living room as a media centre.

ect there just super handy i have both i even payed full price pre order price for my xbox one which was half the price of my gaming pc so ye and my xbox will run games just as good or better than my PC can so

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

LMFAO no m8. While this PC might be just under or around the same level as a console, a $400 build (which by the way is pretty much console pricing, they range from like $350-450) can easily beat it.

This was meant to leave head room for more expensive components and maybe even some used parts that are cheaper than their base msrp so reason to be rude.

Bottom Line don't be cheap buy both there is advantage for having a console like for example the console only games or the fact you cant set it up in your living room as a media centre.

ect there just super handy i have both i even payed full price pre order price for my xbox one which was half the price of my gaming pc so ye and my xbox will run games just as good or better than my PC can so

You can use this as an HTPC

This could easily play BF4 On medium to low settings which isn't bad at all!
Lol I just found a case for 9.99 so that's aroun 317 USD now
Found an asus board for 28 lol so that's just 300 USD
Found some sketchy ass RAM for 22 usd so now we're at 279 usd

Lets build the xbox one as a pc equivalent

CPU: (Dual 4 core Jaguare cpus clocked at 1.5mhz) so pc equivalent lets use a higher clock speed cpu from the same family line so the AMD Athlon 5350 at 2.5mhz as gaming mb only have one socket

RAM: 8gb DDR3 2133MHz

GPU: Radeon HD 7790

all rest components don't mater for this comparison so any motherboard ect would work

so xbox one price with game is £280

the pc price without game is (taking in account mb price hardrive ect)£​330 roughly going on prices i know for cheaper parts

now lets benchmark that pc and see if it can run games at 60fps 1080p at same quality level as the xbox one o it cant amazing that :)

lets look at a pc that can run 1080p at 60fps at the same quality level as the xbox

gtx 960

i3 4th gen

same ram as before

any working motherboard that fits that shit and all the other bits ect

price £450-500 (including all parts to make it work apart from screens ect)

o thats nearly double a xbox price amazing that as that what i said it was :o !

This could easily play BF4 On medium to low settings which isn't bad at all!

Not really a console crusher then if you have to turn down settings lower than the quality of the xbox/ps4 so its more a console poker *poke* console look i can play to let me play please (you know like that kid everyone had at school who was okay at sports but never got picked to play as he just wasn't great)

Lets build the xbox one as a pc equivalent

CPU: (Dual 4 core Jaguare cpus clocked at 1.5mhz) so pc equivalent lets use a higher clock speed cpu from the same family line so the AMD Athlon 5350 at 2.5mhz as gaming mb only have one socket

RAM: 8gb DDR3 2133MHz

GPU: Radeon HD 7790

all rest components don't mater for this comparison so any motherboard ect would work

so xbox one price with game is £280

the pc price without game is (taking in account mb price hardrive ect)£​330 roughly going on prices i know for cheaper parts

now lets benchmark that pc and see if it can run games at 60fps 1080p at same quality level as the xbox one o it cant amazing that :)

lets look at a pc that can run 1080p at 60fps at the same quality level as the xbox

gtx 960

i3 4th gen

same ram as before

any working motherboard that fits that shit and all the other bits ect

price £450-500 (including all parts to make it work apart from screens ect)

o thats nearly double a xbox price amazing that as that what i said it was :o !

Uh, Xbox One is locked at 30 fps...

Most if not all XbOne games run at 900p on a 30 fps lock

Not really a console crusher then if you have to turn down settings lower than the quality of the xbox/ps4 so its more a console poker *poke* console look i can play to let me play please (you know like that kid everyone had at school who was okay at sports but never got picked to play as he just wasn't great)

Max settings on a ps4 and xbone=medium settings on a PC

Uh, Xbox One is locked at 30 fps...

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

-_-

the game hes on about playing battlefield runs at 60fps on both consoles

Max settings on a ps4 and xbone=medium settings on a PC

High settings = xbox and ps4

also i play games on both my gaming pc and xbox you want to know the diffrence in graphic fuckign nothing not a thing nothing that the human eye can detect lol i played games on a old gamign pc i had before my current with same power cpu and gpu as xbox want to know the diffrence well about a truck load i couldnt move in a area where loads of people where or effects where going off or just general movement was so slow i ended up throwing in out and that was with game settings on low so what the console can do for the price you cant beat them no matter what you say so a pc of the same price will not run games as smooth as a console

-snip-

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Consoles are shit. I would take 1080p 60fps on medium settings all day on PC over the 3-4 titles that can actually run at 1080p 60fps on consoles.

@HumbleMobo made a cheap build that, at the bare minimum, performs better in 95% of the titles consoles carry. With a few tweaks and maybe $75 USD more it'll wipe the floor.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

High settings = xbox and ps4

This sentence makes no sense...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Consoles are shit. I would take 1080p 60fps on medium settings all day on PC over the 3-4 titles that can actually run at 1080p 60fps on consoles.

@HumbleMobo made a cheap build that, at the bare minimum, performs better in 95% of the titles consoles carry. With a few tweaks and maybe $75 USD more it'll wipe the floor.

Thank you :D I could get a R9 390 or R7 370 if I wanted some more horsepower in terms of graphics but I'm fine with a 3.7 ghz processor it'll be just fine

I could even use a lower wattage PSU but I just thought it'd be a good idea to leave some headroom for a better CPU or GPU.

I could even use a lower wattage PSU but I just thought it'd be a good idea to leave some headroom for a better CPU or GPU. 

"better" would be pretty relative, you can only go so high with the GPU before the Athlon or an i3 would start to become a bottleneck.

What I came up with, including storage. Throw in any $30-50 case and it's about as good as it can get for sub $450.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($69.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($39.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.20 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $401.03

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 03:16 EDT-0400

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

"better" would be pretty relative, you can only go so high with the GPU before the Athlon or an i3 would start to become a bottleneck.

What I came up with, including storage. Throw in any $30-50 case and it's about as good as it can get for sub $450.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($69.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($39.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($36.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.20 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($35.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $401.03

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 03:16 EDT-0400

Good but if we do my system and spend 40 usd more on grfx card for an R7 370 Performance is much better! So for 319 usd we gotta r7 370

OH FUCK THE 370 There's a gtx 960 evga ftw for 154.99 recertified!

If you go the 960 route then you can upgrade later on to SLI

No joke you can run Dark Souls at 60 fps at 4k on this system!

What about an OS and also peripherals? As you are given a controller with the Xbox so it makes sense to include peripheral price for PC.

I said personally I was able to get the price so low because I have peripherals laying around collecting dust and I also have a Windows 8.1 key but if your so concerned you can get Windows 8.1 for like 50 USD and you could plug this into your tv and you'd have no problem! it's like 369 USD but I don't have to worry about an OS so bleh

What about an OS and also peripherals? As you are given a controller with the Xbox so it makes sense to include peripheral price for PC.

Plus it don't matter because you can get Ubuntu, Steam OS and I think Linux 64 bit for free my dawg so OS won't completely matter.

Plus it don't matter because you can get Ubuntu, Steam OS and I think Linux 64 bit for free my dawg so OS won't completely matter.

Yes and the fantastic game libraries available on those platforms. Plus no DirectX support natively AFAIK.

I'm sorry but it does matter.

At Microcenter I got two budget builds. 7850k and MSI 68 chipset board for 110 at microcenter, T2 cooler open box for 15 and 2133 EVGA ram for 55. Old case with enermax 450watt psu and an old 1 tb drive and BF4 no AA medium stettings 25 to 30 fps at 1080 or 50 to 60 fps at 720.

Dau got the 7870k with the Gigabyte 88 chipset board but the 7870k comes with a killer stock cooler, Quiet, two heat pipes and copper base. An open box deal on an Antec case with a bronze 80+ PSU @380 watts for around 40ish.

Hers has an old 500 gig HD and Corsair 2133 Ram for 50soething bucks.

R9 380 at 172 bucks and R7 360 at 99 bucks are some upgrade options I am looking at as well as upgrades on PSU and maybe an SSD. But right now I am working on an HTPC build with my old X3 and an old LiteON 220 watt PSU, ASROCK 785 board and on ol gt520 card. Frankly I have more fun playing open arena on that then Cyrsis 3 on the new build. BF4 is awesome however:)