GTX 960 SLI

jmilroy94

Hey guys,

I'm not heaps familiar with the art of PC building so I would like some advice. I wish to add an extra GTX 960 to my system and would like your opinion. I also have a few questions.

Here's my system as I bought it:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=32982

Can I buy any type of GTX 960, the one I got with the system was the EVGA 960 SC? 

What do I need to make it work? Any additional cables etc.?

And how hard would the installation itself be?

Thanks in advance!

Buy another EVGA 960 SC. It's super recommended you use the same brand cards. All you need is a SLI bridge cable and your powersupply should have the cables needed for another gpu

Taran should run for president!

1) Yes

2) SLI bridge and 1x6pin PCIe cable

3) Simple

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Any 960 will work in SLI with any 960. There should be an SLI bridge that comes with your video card that you need to plug into each card.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

While everyone here has answered you already, I'm going to say please don't SLI 960s. Try to trade up until you get a 980Ti before you SLI. If you can't buy that now, get a R9 390 or 390X first and sell your 960. Then sell that for a 980Ti later.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Any 960 will work in SLI with any 960. There should be an SLI bridge that comes with your video card that you need to plug into each card.

I thought it comes with the mobos.

FYI I can send you one just pay shipping. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

While everyone here has answered you already, I'm going to say please don't SLI 960s. Try to trade up until you get a 980Ti before you SLI. If you can't buy that now, get a R9 390 or 390X first and sell your 960. Then sell that for a 980Ti later.

SLI 980s are good bruh. I wouldn't complain about 980ti vs dual 980s.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yeah you can use the forum's market section or ebay to sell your 960. You're better off getting a 980ti it's alot more powerful than two 960s

Taran should run for president!

960s are better than one 970 and can compare with 980 in performance, but I don't recommend it because in this price AMD cards are better such as R9 380 or 280X, and 390. Although two 960s can be a choice since 2cards sli looks much more sexier than one card...But except that, don't get dual 960s

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

SLI 980s are good bruh. I wouldn't complain about 980ti vs dual 980s.

Considering the way SLI is going lately, I much rather have the single strongest card first =D.

Remember that SLI-ing 980s automatically disables MFAA (leaving you with MSAA instead) and you can't use DSR + Gsync either. Far less the fact that Unreal Engine 4, Unity Engine and ID Tech 5 don't support SLI (and never will support SLI modes that aren't SFR, which Maxwell GPUs are incapable of doing).

Raw power is no contest, but with the amount of time I'm noticing my "raw power" is "nonexistent" lately, I'd still quicker tell someone to get a 980Ti over a 980 before considering SLI.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday