Help me overclock gpu please

Maihym

Can someone help me over team viewer or something to overclock my gpu.

Can someone help me over team viewer or something to overclock my gpu.

Well it's really not hard. Just time consuming. What GPU do you Have? Profile says you've got 4790k but doesn't show a GPU.

You will want a program called Furmark and a program called ASUS GPU Tweak ( MSI AfterBurner Will work also )

Furmark is to stress test the GPU to make sure it's stable.

GPU Tweaked or .afterBurner is to overclock.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well it's really not hard. Just time consuming. What GPU do you Have? Profile says you've got 4790k but doesn't show a GPU.

Nvidia gtx 960 4GB superclocked.

I edited my post.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I edited my post.

Ok thank you, should I increase the memory clock, core clock, and the voltage?

While you get the program's I mentioned above,

I like to use GPU Tweak. ( Afterburner allows for bigger overclocks so I'd use that ) but with afterburner you wanna start overclocking the memory speed first. I don't know stock speeds but increase it 100mhz at a time ( For Afterburner 100mhz is +50 to the memory speed ).

After that run a burn in test on furmark, ( find something to do every 15 minutes while doing this ) And push the GPU as far as it'll go on the memory clock. After the test says its unstable or what not or something goes wrong, downclock the memory 100mhz ( or -50 in AfterBurner )

Now that memory is done you wanna overclock the GPU Boost Clock. This you wanna go slower. Only +10 at a time. So say the stock boost speed is 1200, up it to 1210, run a test, if it's stable up it to 1220 and run a test again. Keep doing this until it becomes unstable. After that say you get it up to 1440 and it becomes unstable, we'll just bring it down to 1430 and you are good.

Now if you wanna push it FURTHER ( watch your temperatures while doing this. As long as it doesn't reach 90 Degrees C after the 15 minute stress test I'd say the temps are fine ) you could increase voltages ect but a lot of people don't wanna do this.

@Maihym

While you get the program's I mentioned above,

I like to use GPU Tweak. ( Afterburner allows for bigger overclocks so I'd use that ) but with afterburner you wanna start overclocking the memory speed first. I don't know stock speeds but increase it 100mhz at a time ( For Afterburner 100mhz is +50 to the memory speed ).

After that run a burn in test on furmark, ( find something to do every 15 minutes while doing this ) And push the GPU as far as it'll go on the memory clock. After the test says its unstable or what not or something goes wrong, downclock the memory 100mhz ( or -50 in AfterBurner )

Now that memory is done you wanna overclock the GPU Boost Clock. This you wanna go slower. Only +10 at a time. So say the stock boost speed is 1200, up it to 1210, run a test, if it's stable up it to 1220 and run a test again. Keep doing this until it becomes unstable. After that say you get it up to 1440 and it becomes unstable, we'll just bring it down to 1430 and you are good.

Now if you wanna push it FURTHER ( watch your temperatures while doing this. As long as it doesn't reach 90 Degrees C after the 15 minute stress test I'd say the temps are fine ) you could increase voltages ect but a lot of people don't wanna do this.

@Maihym

Ok thank you, also the 100mhz is referring to gpu tweak right? And should I manually set the fan speed?

Ok thank you, also the 100mhz is referring to gpu tweak right?

Yeah start with GPU Tweak ( I find it easier ). GPU Tweak allows for a max +200 on memory clock. After that start doing the boost clock. If you can push you GPU further then what GPU Tweak allows for and you temperatures are doing find go ahead and get MSI AfterBurner to boost the memory clock further. But for AfterBurner every 50 is like 100 on the memory clock. The boost clock is the same on both. Remember to do the stress test w/ furmark every time you add 100 to the memory clock. Tune after you get the +200 start doing +10 to the boost clock.

Have fun

Yeah start with GPU Tweak ( I find it easier ). GPU Tweak allows for a max +200 on memory clock. After that start doing the boost clock. If you can push you GPU further then what GPU Tweak allows for and you temperatures are doing find go ahead and get MSI AfterBurner to boost the memory clock further. But for AfterBurner every 50 is like 100 on the memory clock. The boost clock is the same on both. Remember to do the stress test w/ furmark every time you add 100 to the memory clock. Tune after you get the +200 start doing +10 to the boost clock.

Have fun

Alright thanks, should I set my fan speed on manual to 100%?

Alright thanks, should I set my fan speed on manual to 100%?

I set mine to auto. At around 75c ( I've got an Asus Strix 750Ti ) it sits around 50%. Auto should keep your temps below 80 as much as possible. Anything higher then 85 you should start watching. 90 is fine but I'd dim the clock down a bit if it sits in the 90s

I set mine to auto. At around 75c ( I've got an Asus Strix 750Ti ) it sits around 50%. Auto should keep your temps below 80 as much as possible. Anything higher then 85 you should start watching. 90 is fine but I'd dim the clock down a bit if it sits in the 90s

But is it ok if I set the curve on mine to go to 100% fan speed when it hits like 70c

But is it ok if I set the curve on mine to go to 100% fan speed when it hits like 70c

Yeah as long as you stay below 90C you'll be fine. The 960 may be able to get a bit hotter but 90C is as high as I'd wanna go.

Yeah as long as you stay below 90C you'll be fine. The 960 may be able to get a bit hotter but 90C is as high as I'd wanna go.

Yeah I'm trying to stay under 70 to be honest.

Yeah I'm trying to stay under 70 to be honest.

Oh 70 is cold. Even 80C is perfectly normal. Once you get to the 90s that's when it becomes hot. To be honest you won't stay below 70, especially putting it under stress and overclocking it. Max temperature for GTX 960 is 98C so don't worry about it until you hit 90C.

Oh 70 is cold. Even 80C is perfectly normal. Once you get to the 90s that's when it becomes hot. To be honest you won't stay below 70, especially putting it under stress and overclocking it. Max temperature for GTX 960 is 98C so don't worry about it until you hit 90C.

Alright thank you

Do you still think you can help me, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Do you still think you can help me, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

How so?

How so?

Well I don't think my GPU is using it's full capacity.

Well I don't think my GPU is using it's full capacity.

While doing what? Did you get Asus GPU Tweak and Furmark?

Yeah but I'm using afterburner but I can try Tweak again.

afterburner will do fine. I use Valley for gpu testing and games i play. What part did you think you were doing wrong?

Yeah it's only going up to 550 mhz or something like that when I start Furmark. If we could talk on TS or something that would be helpful.

Wait. Did you run a ?Furmark BURN IN Test? The one on the middle right. Says it'll take 15 minutes. Also for afterburner, Likemi said start with the memory clock and go +50 at a time until it becomes unstable. Then downclock 50 so it is stable again. Then slowly do the GPU Boost clock +10 at a time. Remember when you add +50 to the memory clock run a stress test, rinse and repeat. After it becomes unstable downclock ect ect and start doing the GPU Boost clock. But after you apply every +10 run the BURN IN Test.

Yeah it's only going up to 550 mhz or something like that when I start Furmark. If we could talk on TS or something that would be helpful.

It's almost midnight, While running the Furmark burn in test could you show me a screen shot of the small overclock, and the GPU memory speed, then the GPU usage and GPU clock speed? you should see an area that is recording data of your GPU like temperatures ect. DONT DO ONE BIG OVERCLOCK, SLOWLY GO UP.

afterburner will do fine. I use vally for gpu testing and games i play. What part did you think you were doing wrong?

I just read that a card can sometimes go into safe mode if I do too many stress tests.