Freezing Video

kwan
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
  • ASUS Maximus VI Impact (BIOS v.1603)
Intel i5 4670k (stock)2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM (1600MHz XMP profile 1)Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X (stock)Seasonic X750 Dota 2 borderless windowed

Please help!

Since two days back, while playing Dota 2, my entire screen would randomly freeze(3-4 times/game), audio gets muted as well for 5-10s, when it resumes, I'd experience glitching like stuck creep units(they aren't there, just the image of them being there), or friendly creep units health bar being colored as enemy creeps.

This also happens if dota 2 is running in the background and I'm using google chrome, everything above the taskbar would freeze for 5-10s along with the dota 2 in the background.

This has also happened when I have no other applications open apart from VLC, I'll be watching a video, and the video would freeze and then resume after 5-10s(just the video, play, etc. buttons and taskbar objects are still responsive to mouse over).

With Dota 2 and VLC closed, I've only ever experienced freezing twice yesterday while watching youtube, but it hasn't happened since.

CPU/GPU temps are normal (40-50deg at most) when it happens, ram usage is typically around 3-4gb.

I have since updated my gpu drivers thinking it could've been an update I missed, but no dice. My antivirus(GData Internet Security) shows that everything is good.

Please let me know if there is any information that may be helpful that I've left out.