Noctua NF A14 IndustrialPPC IP67 fans do they produce a lot of noise

Metro

Hello

Is the Noctua NF A14 IndustrialPPC IP67 fans loud, if you run them at 1200RPM, I keep finding comments that say they are so loud and they are not good, do you think these fans are loud

Also I am going to get 11 fans, what speed would you run them at for a Corsair 780t case

Also what speed on a Corsair H110i GTX in push pull for good temperatures and low noise

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I think mine are at 900rpm, they're practically inaudible in my Fractal R5 case.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Hello

Is the Noctua NF A14 IndustrialPPC IP67 fans loud, if you run them at 1200RPM, I keep finding comments that say they are so loud and they are not good, do you think these fans are loud

Also I am going to get 11 fans, what speed would you run them at for a Corsair 780t case

Also what speed on a Corsair H110i GTX in push pull for good temperatures and low noise

Thanks

At full RPM (whether 2000 or 3000 version) they definitely get quite noisy. At 1200RPM they're pretty quiet though.

dropping so much money on fans man, think twice about it^^ edit: I also use noctua/be quiet fans only, how ever 11fans is unnecessary and expensive, imo.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

They will run as low as 300-400rpm which is likely where you will have them having 11 of them. In push pull you probably wont have to exceed 800rpm is my guess. A some point I will be putting something together on on creating a fan control curve.

Hello

Thanks

It really depends on your tolerance for noise but here's a good video to give you and idea of the noise for the 2K RPM versions:

dropping so much money on fans man, think twice about it^^

Never, especially when theyll last ~3 builds ;)

It really depends on your tolerance for noise but here's a good video to give you and idea of the noise for the 2K RPM versions:

places like that really need to start using PWM control for PWM fans already!

Never, especially when theyll last ~3 builds ;)

and now my full post ^^
If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

It is no louder than standard NF-A14 at the same rpm. Some people knows nothing but run them full speed, and say how noisy blah blah blah.

places like that really need to start using PWM control for PWM fans already!

True that is only for DC voltage control, the PWM versions should be even better on the low end.

Thanks for the help, I might get 11 fans, not sure if I want two at the bottom of the Corsair 780t case.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

If they ever reach 75%+ speed they will sound like a jet engine. i had them for a year

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

True that is only for DC voltage control, the PWM versions should be even better on the low end.

They should go lower and be quieter doing it.

Thanks for the help, I might get 11 fans, not sure if I want two at the bottom of the Corsair 780t case.

Even one would help with non water cooled GPU temps, though not as much as side panel fans.

Even 50% speed on the 3000RPM ones is uncomfortably loud for me. I run them at 20-25% and they are really nice.

Beware the DC 2,000rpm version(and PWM version with DC control)cannot spin lower than 1,000rpm. Noctua's LNA doesn't work with these fans either. Do you have enough PWM control to manage 11 PWM fans?

Beware the DC 2,000rpm version(and PWM version with DC control)cannot spin lower than 1,000rpm. Noctua's LNA doesn't work with these fans either. Do you have enough PWM control to manage 11 PWM fans?

I will use a 6 way PWM splitter with USB, the MSI X99 Godlike only has 2 PWM 4 pins, I also do not want a fan controller

I will use a 6 way PWM splitter with USB, the MSI X99 Godlike only has 2 PWM 4 pins, I also do not want a fan controller

Remember to make sure it has a molex power, else you will burn the fan headers

Both would work one just uses sata and the other molex for the 12V power but I personally like to use hub splitters instead since you will have a lot less cable clutter like the splitters from switch or Phyoba:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-pwm-8x-4pin-splitter-box-with-molex-pwm-adapter-y-cable

Both would work one just uses sata and the other molex for the 12V power but I personally like to use hub splitters instead since you will have a lot less cable clutter like the splitters from switch or Phyoba:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-pwm-8x-4pin-splitter-box-with-molex-pwm-adapter-y-cable

Is this person wrong then, can you change the speed in the BIOS or using software if you use box

you will get the speed of the fan on the bios and other aps however there is no speed control, the fans will run at full speed

Is this person wrong then, can you change the speed in the BIOS or using software if you use box

you will get the speed of the fan on the bios and other aps however there is no speed control, the fans will run at full speed

If you use PWM 4 pin fans and have a PWM header on the motherboard you can control the fans no problem with those splitters. Either it will be directly through the BIOS or most motherboards which have a fan control software that you can download with the drivers and softwares.

I call horseshit on that as im currently running the 2000rpm A14 industrial IP67 certified fans at sub 300rpm in Chibi PC as my main front intakes on a Kraken X41. Looks like I havnt updated the build log to account for the fan and cooler swap yet though.

Noctua%20Industrial%20140mm%20sub%20300r

I would use this swiftech one as its the best available, though only two like it are available to my knowledge. http://goo.gl/ppYw6D or http://goo.gl/JRkad8

Remember to make sure it has a molex power, else you will burn the fan headers

Correct, the plitter I just suggested has SATA power.

take a look at what I just suggested. If you needed something like you just linked I would just make it yourself.

looks like the screenshot didnt grab exactly what I wanted....

If you use PWM 4 pin fans and have a PWM header on the motherboard you can control the fans no problem with those splitters. Either it will be directly through the BIOS or most motherboards which have a fan control software that you can download with the drivers and softwares.

Where would you even put the box in the case though, I want it to be hidden, could you put it at the back, I notice there are screw holes on it.