my ps4 is full

Zamory

I got the 500gb PS4 since release and since a couple of months the HDD is full.

At the moment I just delete some games I don't really play anymore and download new ones.

This is quite annoying and because I'm expanding my collection it is becoming really frustrating.

I read on internet it is quite easy to put a larger HDD in your PS4,

but my question is which HDD do I need? And how big can the HDD be? 

I hope someone can answer my question,

Best regards,

Zamory

There is no way someone can play 500GB of games and still be immersed.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What do you mean by that? I don't see the connection.

What do you mean by that? I don't see the connection.

I don't know about you but I'm having way more fun when playing 2-3 games at a time then 15-20 games.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't know about you but I'm having way more fun when playing 2-3 games at a time then 15-20 games.

i have a 2TB drive full of every steam game i have, all 350 plus. Does this mean im playing all of them at once simply because i have them all downloaded? come on now, dont be daft.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

i have a 2TB drive full of every steam game i have, all 350 plus. Does this mean im playing all of them at once simply because i have them all downloaded? come on now, dont be daft.

What a waste of space. So you downloaded every single game on Steam, including 250 of those 350 that you will never play that you got from Humble Bundle/Bundlestars? Also i'm pretty sure Windows might fuck up in the future with that many programs installed,or atleast it's a bit slower.

I have 200Mb/s connection so even GTA V downloads in like 30-40 mins

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What a waste of space. So you downloaded every single game on Steam, including 250 of those 350 that you will never play that you got from Humble Bundle/Bundlestars? Also i'm pretty sure Windows might fuck up in the future with that many programs installed,or atleast it's a bit slower.

We don't all have leet internet xD i have shitty aussie internet

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

I just bought an external 1TB HDD for my xbox one. Seems to have done the job.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

@Zamory You posted three days ago, but if you haven't found the answer yet... Yes you need a 2.5" drive. 

It is incredibly simple to swap out the drive. It does not void the warranty.  But keep the 500GB handy until at least the end of the console's warranty in case it is ever necessary. I wouldn't want to send Sony a PS4 with a new drive in it for repair in case they just replace the console without removing your drive.  I don't know if that's what they'd do, but why risk it when it's easy as pie to swap the HDD.  The left side of the top-case slides off and the drive is easily visible from there. It's just a few screws. 

You'll need a USB flash drive with the System Software file on it so that you can initialize the console after putting in the new drive. It's really pretty easy, and there are plenty of guides on how to do it.  I replaced mine when I first got in on launch before I turned on the system, and I used IGN's guide.  They explained it really well. 

You can install a 2TB drive in it. I don't know if that's the max, though, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any 2.5" drives that are of higher capacity any way. The console's hardware is SATA2, so don't worry about spending more money on a high-performance drive.   

You'll probably need to download all your games again (unless the software updates since I replaced mine include a migration utility like the PS3 has), but the PS+ membership will take care of your saved-game progress. 

As i do agree with you that its dumb to install that many games ( if you have the money for extra drives not as much ) but i mean the average internet speed in the USA is 11mbps which to delete and then reinstall later on when you feel like playing it isnt fun if you get the urge to play a game and then have to wait 5 hours for it to download it can be a hassel and since games are becoming closer to the 40-50gb each nowdays thats only 10-15 games on a ps4 

That's completely irrelevant to OP's question though.