Team Green Or Team Red?

Depends... What's the budget?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well, Red's my favorite color... so I have some bias.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Well, I need a new GPU as a present for my mate, and, cant decide.

Depends on the specific GPU and budget, don't limit yourself to a specific brand for all budgets

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ib4l 

And would get your friend a Nvidia card like a 970. Best value for money IMO.

Both. Which ever gives you better performance for the budget you have at the time is the one you should go with. 

Without proper information on the build it is going to go into, and its uses picking here seems to be more of what is you favorite GPU manufacturer. You are also missing to state a budget. My biased side says Nvidia but refer back to my previous sentence for more info.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

budget?

Well, My mate asked for a GPU and his budget is 300$, Can't decide wich to get.

Team Red, 290

390 best for the money, Get a Asus, .MSI, or Saphhire one

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

This site isn't the place for flame wars. If you want to discuss what graphics card you should get, please make a thread in the appropriate subforum giving your budget, and don't title the thread such that it turns into an AMD/NVidia flame war.

HTTP/2 203