My first ever build

Mike_6

Ok so im planning on building myself a pc i have been a console gamer forever with the exception of playing wow.

So my laptop is old and no longer plays wow well so i thought lets upgrade and maybe i can play other titles too bf4 cod csgo etc i have no intention of overclocking at this point.

This is also pretty much the maximum i can afford so please bear that in mind when advising which components to switch out

Here goes

Processor:intel i5 4590

Mobo : Msi z97 pc mate ATX lga1150

Ram : Corsair vengeance 8gb 1600 (2x 4gb)

Gpu : Msi radeon R9 270 2gb twin forzer

Psu : Evga 500w 80+ certified ATX Psu

HDD : seagate barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm

Case : Thermaltake Versa H21 window mid atx

And a samsung dvd/rw

So again my first build and hope to start buying parts this week so would love some feedback

Also im not the guy who needs all games on ultra i just like it to look good and play smooth i would guess this system to be kind of overkill for wow but as stated i hope to play other titles now i sold my ps4

Thanks in advance

Mike

You should get a cheaper motherboard and CPU and a stronger GPU IMO.

Get a 4460 and a H81 motherboard and you'll save a few bucks which you can put in a r9 280/ gtx 960, which will outperform the 270 by a significant amount.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Thanks for the replies will look into upgrading the gpu i did use partpicker before i came on here ty

Im in the uk and i would say £450-£500

Thanks

Ok so i swapped the processor and mobo to the

I5 4460 with the asus H81-GAMER ATX Motherboard

And now im getting this message

Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs.

Is this normal?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Y4q73C

Hope that works [emoji4]

Looks good to me :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE