Can I get some real criticism and suggestions/changes to this build?

Go to solution Solved by RedSphyxis,

snip

hmmmm AFAIK skylake stocks are still scarce here in PH so sticking to Haswell is the only option available atm.

@saltee tol! be sure to check for stock availability in the store you're going for. I wouldn't suggest buying through the internet specially if you're still new to this stuff. If you wan't to check out more products and sellers just go for tipidpc it's our very own PC loving community.

1. Sapphire is officially AMD's partner and board manufacturer so you can implicitly say they're the best in the TEAM RED aspect. As for The TEAM GREEN Side their sister companies of Zotac, their cards are not too shabby but I trust MSI and Gigabyte more. I also recently bought a zotac 970 for a build for my brother and it works perfectly.

2.There's no i7-4690k it's 4790k the 4690k is i5. As for performance you'll probably just game right? so you should just save a few bucks and go for the i5 one.

edit: if you're planning to do some productivity work in the future an i5 will still handle it just fine. Difference in render times won't really bother someone still starting. But if you really want the faster render times then go for the i7 one.

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy these stuff maybe in a month or so. Can I get some comments about this? This will be my very first build, so forgive me for any 'stupidity' that may trigger some of you. 

First off, what I wanted to do with this build is to have high horsepower to be gaming while in a budget of 1000$ with 200-300$ to spare if a thousand bucks may just be bottlenecking my build. Like maybe gaming in maxed out Dota 2 and High to Max 60+ fps in AAA games? Also, I wanted to leave enough room for upgrades in the future, I'm planning to buy a 2nd GPU and also planning to be gaming at 4k (actually don't mind this, it's wwaaaayyy down in my priority list). I'm currently playing at 1600x900 resolution and my first step for now is to upgrade to 1080p/1440p. A BenQ 144Hz monitor perhaps? I'm also interested in overclocking, which I have no prior experience yet.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vdZRP6

I have some questions as well:

1. I get some comments from my friends that Sapphire is better than MSI when it comes to non-reference AMD cards. Is that true?

2. Will it be better if I get an i7 4690k or 4770k? I have close to nothing idea about cpu's at the moment, and those my my friends' processors. I'm just trying to know what will be the difference in performance if compared from my list.

3. Any suggestions to make my build better? Btw, I separated the monitor from the budget so no need to take that into account.

Looks good! Have you considered adding a 120/250GB SSD for your OS and frequently used games/programs? Improves loading and boot times dramatically. Also, an I7 is not required for gaming, the i5 will be fine. Although I suggest you go with the I5 6600K if you can, newer chipset is always better to have, gives you slightly more performance, USB 3.1, and more PCIe lanes if you ever felt like getting a second GPU and a PCIe SSD. The Z170A Krait Gaming Edition looks EVEN BETTER then the already beautiful Z97 Krait Gaming IMO:

msi-z170_krait_gaming-product_pictures-2

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy these stuff maybe in a month or so. Can I get some comments about this? This will be my very first build, so forgive me for any 'stupidity' that may trigger some of you. 

First off, what I wanted to do with this build is to have high horsepower to be gaming while in a budget of 1000$ with 200-300$ to spare if a thousand bucks may just be bottlenecking my build. Like maybe gaming in maxed out Dota 2 and High to Max 60+ fps in AAA games? Also, I wanted to leave enough room for upgrades in the future, I'm planning to buy a 2nd GPU and also planning to be gaming at 4k (actually don't mind this, it's wwaaaayyy down in my priority list). I'm currently playing at 1600x900 resolution and my first step for now is to upgrade to 1080p/1440p. A BenQ 144Hz monitor perhaps? I'm also interested in overclocking, which I have no prior experience yet.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vdZRP6

I have some questions as well:

1. I get some comments from my friends that Sapphire is better than MSI when it comes to non-reference AMD cards. Is that true?

2. Will it be better if I get an i7 4690k or 4770k? I have close to nothing idea about cpu's at the moment, and those my my friends' processors. I'm just trying to know what will be the difference in performance if compared from my list.

3. Any suggestions to make my build better? Btw, I separated the monitor from the budget so no need to take that into account.

that's a very good build for a beginner. the only thing to add would be an ssd

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1029.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 03:59 EDT-0400

i don't really think that you should really need to go the z170 route with skylake
the performance improvements aren't that big(10% at most) and the 4690k is already a great cpu
you'd be better off to save your money and get another 390 in the future
if you wanted to upgrade something on your pc i'd choose it to be the cpu cooler so you could oc your cpu and get performance of(or even better dependong on your oc) skylake i5

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Looks good! Have you considered adding a 120/250GB SSD for your OS and frequently used games/programs? Improves loading and boot times dramatically. Also, an I7 is not required for gaming, the i5 will be fine. Although I suggest you go with the I5 6600K if you can, newer chipset is always better to have, gives you slightly more performance, USB 3.1, and more PCIe lanes if you ever felt like getting a second GPU and a PCIe SSD. The Z170A Krait Gaming Edition looks EVEN BETTER then the already beautiful Z97 Krait Gaming IMO:

msi-z170_krait_gaming-product_pictures-2

YEAH I'm definitely considering this! The only difference is just a few bucks. Thanks man! :D Oh yeah, I forgot the SSD rofl  :lol:

YEAH I'm definitely considering this! The only difference is just a few bucks. Thanks man! :D Oh yeah, I forgot the SSD rofl  :lol:

Also this is personal preference, but have you considered swapping the case to a white version, getting black/white RAM, and a black/white GPU? Don't have to, just for aesthetics.

i don't really think that you should really need to go the z170 route with skylake
the performance improvements aren't that big(10% at most) and the 4690k is already a great cpu
you'd be better off to save your money and get another 390 in the future
if you wanted to upgrade something on your pc i'd choose it to be the cpu cooler so you could oc your cpu and get performance of(or even better dependong on your oc) skylake i5

Thanks man! So I guess I should stick with my motherboard then?

But I'm planning to learn photoshop and video editing in the future would i7 be the way to go? Would a Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler be good?

snip

hmmmm AFAIK skylake stocks are still scarce here in PH so sticking to Haswell is the only option available atm.

@saltee tol! be sure to check for stock availability in the store you're going for. I wouldn't suggest buying through the internet specially if you're still new to this stuff. If you wan't to check out more products and sellers just go for tipidpc it's our very own PC loving community.

1. Sapphire is officially AMD's partner and board manufacturer so you can implicitly say they're the best in the TEAM RED aspect. As for The TEAM GREEN Side their sister companies of Zotac, their cards are not too shabby but I trust MSI and Gigabyte more. I also recently bought a zotac 970 for a build for my brother and it works perfectly.

2.There's no i7-4690k it's 4790k the 4690k is i5. As for performance you'll probably just game right? so you should just save a few bucks and go for the i5 one.

edit: if you're planning to do some productivity work in the future an i5 will still handle it just fine. Difference in render times won't really bother someone still starting. But if you really want the faster render times then go for the i7 one.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Also this is personal preference, but have you considered swapping the case to a white version, getting black/white RAM, and a black/white GPU? Don't have to, just for aesthetics.

I was thinking of 'exercising' my ability to budget then worry about aesthetics later. :D Now that I seem to have a

(very) good build, I'm gonna start looking for options in making it look better. Any suggestions? 

edit: if you're planning to do some productivity work in the future an i5 will still handle it just fine. Difference in render times won't really bother someone still starting. But if you really want the faster render times then go for it.

Yeah that's what I was worrying about too, stock availability. But I still went the 'ignorant' route and just tried to budget kung anong kaya ko for 1000usd. Sorry pre, 'tis my first time. :D

Thanks man! So I guess I should stick with my motherboard then?

But I'm planning to learn photoshop and video editing in the future would i7 be the way to go? Would a Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler be good?

yep, that would be a better cooler

i don't know if you'd benefit from a better cpu for photoshop. i know you would if you would create videos

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb