PC won't post

Hello everyone! 

I recently ran into a problem with my PC not posting after installing motherboard drivers like built-in audio drivers and Intel RST drivers. The same thing happens whenever I try to overclock my CPU (even without any drivers or OS installed). The PC just powers on... but nothing happens, there are no beeps or anything like that. But after disabling the built in audio and some other components from the BIOS, my PC boots normally... (still won't overclock though)

This problem occurs with both Windows 7 and Windows 10. And everything was running fine just a few days ago. I just restarted my PC one day and suddenly it didn't POST.

My PC is almost 5 years old.. Here are the specs:

Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition CPU

Gigabyte G1.Sniper X58 Motherboard F4E bios (same result with other BIOS versions)

6x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte G1 Nvidia GTX 980Ti

2x 120GB Intel 520 Series SSD in Raid 0

WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD 

Corsair AX1200 1200watt PSU

Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

Corsair Obsidian 650D case

Windows 10 Pro 64bit OS

Here's a list of things I did so far:

Clear CMOS (problem still occurs)

Update BIOS (problem still occurs)

Downgrade BIOS (problem still occurs)

Downgrade OS (problem still occurs)

Upgrade OS (problem still occurs)

Double-check all the connectors on the motherboard (problem still occurs)

Run PC with a single RAM stick (problem still occurs)

Test PC with old GTX 590 Graphics Card (problem still occurs)

Test PC with old low power AMD Radeon 6450 (problem still occurs)

Put Graphics card in different PCI slots (problem still occurs)

Overclock PC with all the extra motherboard components like built in audio, etc disabled (problem still occurs)

Overclock PC just 100MHz (problem still occurs)

I can still use my PC normally without overclocking and disabling some components on the motherboard. I can even play games on ultra settings just like I used to without any random resets or anything like that. However, I would like to identify where the problem really is. I like my PC working 100%. 

I think this could be a faulty PSU or maybe my old motherboard is dying. What do you think about this? I would really appreciate it if you could help me identify this problem. 

Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition CPU | Gigabyte G1.Sniper X58 Motherboard | 24GB (6x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 980 Ti Graphics Card Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac Card | 2x 120GB Intel 520 Series SSDs in RAID 0 | WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Corsair AX1200 PSU

Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler | 5x Corsair SP120 Fans | Corsair 650D Case | Samsung S27D590C Monitor | Corsair K95 Keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Mouse 

Reseat your RAM over and over again till it works. That is how I fixed my problem.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Reseat your RAM over and over again till it works. That is how I fixed my problem.

I ran memtest86 on my PC and everything seemed fine with the RAM. 

Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition CPU | Gigabyte G1.Sniper X58 Motherboard | 24GB (6x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 980 Ti Graphics Card Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac Card | 2x 120GB Intel 520 Series SSDs in RAID 0 | WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Corsair AX1200 PSU

Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler | 5x Corsair SP120 Fans | Corsair 650D Case | Samsung S27D590C Monitor | Corsair K95 Keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Mouse 

take the CPU out, clean the CPU bottom using rubbing alcohol, and put it back in AFTER YOU DRY THE DAMN THING.

I don't think that would solve the problem here. My CPU temps are fine...

It may be the PSU or the chokes on the MOBO not regulating the power as cleanly as it used to given that it is 5YO. give it a small OC and push the CPU hard while logging the voltages. when it dies reset the PC and look at the logs for any V spikes or dips it my provide some insight into the problem. not a bad idea to test the PSU as well. I like the PSU testing tools better than the V meter method better.   

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

Have you got any errors? If so, you can check this guide I made about most errors that can occur to Windows and all post codes and other things that are error related. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/441284-error-troubleshooting-guide/

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers