Corsair Link not able to change Corsair SP120 fans?

Hey has anyone else encountered this problem? I just replaced the stock fans for my H80i with two Corsair SP 120 fans. Their description claims they are supposed to spin at 1450 rpm but in corsair link I'm unable to change the fans speed. It's like they're both locked at 1150 rpm. I've updated corsair link to the latest version and still can't figure out why they're performing slower than expected. Could someone help?

Thanks 

... im pretty sure those arent pwm fans

Edit: I think they come with adapters to change the speed...?

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

In the amazon description its said 

• 4-PIN PWM Support for increased fan speed control

Does this mean if only 3 pins are plugged in I won't be able to manipulate fan speed? 

Hey has anyone else encountered this problem? I just replaced the stock fans for my H80i with two Corsair SP 120 fans. Their description claims they are supposed to spin at 1450 rpm but in corsair link I'm unable to change the fans speed. It's like they're both locked at 1150 rpm. I've updated corsair link to the latest version and still can't figure out why they're performing slower than expected. Could someone help?

Thanks 

Welcome to the Forums!

Which version of the fans did you purchase PWM(4pin) or 3 pin and how are they hooked up?

In the amazon description its said 

• 4-PIN PWM Support for increased fan speed control

Does this mean if only 3 pins are plugged in I won't be able to manipulate fan speed? 

PWM fans are capable of DC voltage control but usually give less of a controllable range on the very low end, are you hooking them up directly to the H80i it should be able of 4 pin PWM control from the block as long as you have the cables hooked up to it and the USB communications line.

I bought this pair 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RESFR2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

But looking back at their description it doesn't mention pwm but I checked the cables and they are in fact 3 pin. Will i have to buy a pair that specifically says pwm like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-SP120-Quiet-Edition/dp/B00C249PEO

The fans are connected to the same line that the two previous stock fans were attached to, and they had no problem ramping up rpm

I bought this pair 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RESFR2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

But looking back at their description it doesn't mention pwm but I checked the cables and they are in fact 3 pin. Will i have to buy a pair that specifically says pwm like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-SP120-Quiet-Edition/dp/B00C249PEO

The fans are connected to the same line that the two previous stock fans were attached to, and they had no problem ramping up rpm

Corsair link software only works with PWM 4 pin fans.

You can plug the 3 pin fans to mobo fan header, and set the fan profile in the BIOS.

-SNIP-

Yeah that would explain why you cannot control them since they are basically running at full 12V, if there is no DC voltage control option in Corsair link as Deli says then you will need to change out the fans.

Ok great thanks. I'll consider trading them out for the 4 pin fans but I'll also try changing the profile in the BIOS

Thanks for the help!

Ok great thanks. I'll consider trading them out for the 4 pin fans but I'll also try changing the profile in the BIOS

Thanks for the help!

It looks like you can do 3 pin DC Voltage control on Corsair Link but you have to make sure it detects it as 3 pin to do so, also it might be a software issue since i have heard many who have had issues here or there before with it:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/february/corsair-link-v2-features-and-functionality

4-2.png