my motherboard can support an ssd?

i have hp pro 3500 

motherboard is foxconn 2abf 3.20 sochet 1155 chipset h61

cpu i7 3770

gpu gtx 750 ti evga sc

4gb ram

can i install in it an ssd like that 

as long as ur PSU has sata power connectors and ur mobo has a sata port u should be fine.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

If it has sata on the motherbaord and sata power cables on ur PSU the SSD will work fine.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

If it has sata then yes lol

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

if youre motherboard cant support an ssd then you need to snap a picture of it. I so got to see dis'

(its too new to not support one)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

If you're dishing out money for an SSD,I'd also upgrade your RAM to at least 8gb. The price of ram is dropping by the day now :)

Your motherboard will support PCIe and SATA based SSDs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

but cation as SSDs will take advantage of SATA 6.0 GBps, if you are using SATA 3.0 port on mobo, its not gonna perform well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

but cation as SSDs will take advantage of SATA 6.0 gbps, if you are using SATA 3.0 port on mobo, its not gonna perform well. 

SATA based SSDs achieve about 150-200MB/s in 4K read/write operations. SATAII tops out at about 300MB/s. Even if they don't have SATAIII, the SSD will still give a huge performance boost compared to hard drives.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

SATA based SSDs achieve about 150-200MB/s in 4K read/write operations. SATAII tops out at about 300MB/s. Even if they don't have SATAIII, the SSD will still give a huge performance boost compared to hard drives.

yeah depends on what you are comparing against at the end of the day isn't it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i have hp pro 3500 

motherboard is foxconn 2abf 3.20 sochet 1155 chipset h61

cpu i7 3770

gpu gtx 750 ti evga sc

4gb ram

can i install in it an ssd like that 

Hey there dalilayouni,

SSDs work pretty much like regular HDDs. All you need is a SATA port and a SATA cable as well as a SATA power cable from the PSU. Do check your motherboard if it supports TRIM. If not, make sure you disable defragmentation on the SSD once you've installed it. You can also contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and ask specifically if you need to do something specific (probably update the BIOS) before installing a SSD. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there dalilayouni,

SSDs work pretty much like regular HDDs. All you need is a SATA port and a SATA cable as well as a SATA power cable from the PSU. Do check your motherboard if it supports TRIM. If not, make sure you disable defragmentation on the SSD once you've installed it. You can also contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and ask specifically if you need to do something specific (probably update the BIOS) before installing a SSD. :)

Captain_WD.

Motherboards do not need to support Trim explicitly. Only the Operating System needs to support it as long as the system is capable of running the OS and has a SATA port. Trim is a command sent out by the OS.

Motherboards do not need to support Trim explicitly. Only the Operating System needs to support it as long as the system is capable of running the OS and has a SATA port. Trim is a command sent out by the OS.

Correct, my bad, point taken. :)

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/