[Guide] How to root your Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2 (7040n)

Disclaimer- This is not my guide. I just wanted to bring this here so other people can see this. This is originally from this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61507699&postcount=35

Also, don't be a moron. I have only tested this on the Alcatel. This can brick your phone! Backup your data if this is a phone you have been using for a bit. Antutu should not be on the SD card. It takes a bit to initialize.

1] In​stall Kingroot 4.0 and AnTuTu Benchmark on your phone and put them both on the desktop. Make sure you install the android download and allow unknown developers. Also turn off lockscreen in the security settings.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark

http://kingroot.net

2] Run Antutu and when it hits 10% click the home button and open and run Kingroot and execute while Antutu continues to run in the background. Don't touch the screen when Kingroot is doing it's thing.

3] After Kingroot hits about 20% give or take the phone will restart

4] Soon as phone boots back into desktop it will be laggy, quickly open Antutu and run it and immediately hit home button

5] While Antutu is running in background go into phones settings>apps>find Kingroot and "clear data" and hit home button

6] Open kingroot and execute (antutu should still be running in the background)

7] It could work right away, or take a few tries. If not, repeat steps 3-6 again. For me, it took me 3 tries. But, it took one try for my sister. Xposed framework works well on this. (Some modules can softbrick your phone. You may be able to fix this by going into the boot loader and resetting there. Happy rooting :)

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

That is such an odd way to root a phone haha. I wonder how it works.

I legitimately have know idea how this works. Someone must have had too much time on their hands. But, it works!

Worked on my Alcatel fierce 2 thanks.

No problem :)

I legitimately have know idea how this works. Someone must have had too much time on their hands. But, it works!

I think this is one of those "who got the idea to eat cheese" things.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit