270x crossfire power draw

4b33r

Hello,

Greetings,

I want to know if my VS 650 could handle 2 OCed 270x in crossfire with crazy OCed FX-6300.And yeah pls don't tell me to buy a better GPU and crossfire sucks and stuff just answer if you can or leave.

Thank you.

2 GPU OCed + 1 CPU "crazy" OCed with 650W ?, get a 750W, and also why did you use big Font Size ?

Do I absolutely require a 750w?can I just barely make it with my current one?And yeah the big font cause it looks DAMN GOOD

Do I absolutely require a 750w?can I just barely make it with my current one?And yeah the big font cause it looks DAMN GOOD

i dont really know, but if u want to then go for it

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

http://powersupplycalculator.net/

If you can put all your equipment into this website and stay under 650W with a safety factor, you should be fine, otherwise you'll need a PSU upgrade.

Might be a stretch with 270X's in Crossfire though, they're kinda power hungry.

650 can do it. I've got a client/friend running dual 270X's on a 650W EVGA psu, and he's got them overclocked, with his 8350.

750 is always recommended, gives you some breathing room, but 650 is enough as long as its from a good brand.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Better off getting a 750W, you dont want to always be "just under" what your unit can handle, its not good to leave it under 100% load and its even worse to give your system such little heardroom.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Better off getting a 750W, you dont want to always be "just under" what your unit can handle, its not good to leave it under 100% load and its even worse to give your system such little heardroom.

650 can do it. I've got a client/friend running dual 270X's on a 650W EVGA psu, and he's got them overclocked, with his 8350.

750 is always recommended, gives you some breathing room, but 650 is enough as long as its from a good brand.

http://powersupplycalculator.net/

If you can put all your equipment into this website and stay under 650W with a safety factor, you should be fine, otherwise you'll need a PSU upgrade.

Might be a stretch with 270X's in Crossfire though, they're kinda power hungry.

i dont really know, but if u want to then go for it

Well the site says I should get at least a 587 watt PSU so I guess 650 should barely be enough but I would still love some more opinion on the matter.And yeah one more important note my PSU is not 80+ rated but Corsair says that it is 80+ but they didn't get it certified as that requires a small fee which would drive up the cost (it is Value select after all)

According to the PSU and overclocking video Linus made, a CM V650 PSU was able to supply power to a OCed titan x and OCed 5960x. The tdp of you're build would be a bit higher than this setup with dual graphics and everything overclocked. A 650 should be able to handle it, but you really shouldn't try to squeeze just under the wattage of your power supply. If you have the money for it you should upgrade your power.\