Project Crystal Madness - A project for the ages (big images)

OddsCrazyStuff

The green liquid looks amazing.

It does, just a shame my build is black, red and white.

The reason its green, is because its one of the test liquids Skeeper had laying around.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

It does, just a shame my build is black, red and white.

The reason its green, is because its one of the test liquids Skeeper had laying around.

It's an amazing reservoir, and I think it looked great with that red, so it should look good with anything :P

(Matte white, like the matt-ish green, would be crazy :P)

Awesome res! Is it custom made?

Yeah, its custom made by Skeeper.

With EK releasing the Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 water block, so is it just the Asus monitors that is not released yet.

Not that it mather much, as I cant afford everything yet, but at least I know how things will look and cost.

Anyway, I wonder how 3 of these will look in a case and whether or not it would look better with some LEDs :rolleyes:

EKFC980-GTX-Ti-WF3_NP_fill_1200%281%29.j

That res.... wins everything.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Looks like a great spot for more crystals!

Maybe :rolleyes:

Just a quick update:

Stuff will be arriving this weekend, so enjoy another shot of the reservoirs in the mean time.

~snip~

I'm already super hyped for this build and all we've seen is the res xD

Alt+MAlt+N

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

I'm already super hyped for this build and all we've seen is the res xD

Alt+MAlt+N

I will most likely have a rather big update tomorrow, when the stuff gets here.

So I hope not to disapoint.

Holy moly, those reservoirs are freaking amazing! 
I am not sure what I think about the crystal-part, it depends how to apply it haha.

How ever I am looking forward to compete against you! (If we assume both make it to the championship ;) )

Holy moly, those reservoirs are freaking amazing! 

I am not sure what I think about the crystal-part, it depends how to apply it haha.

How ever I am looking forward to compete against you! (If we assume both make it to the championship ;) )

Yeah, the crystal part is a little up in the air still, but I will make it work.

If we somehow dont make it to the Championship Class, so should we still be able to make it into the Open class.

MIght not be as good, but its at least something.

Yeah, the crystal part is a little up in the air still, but I will make it work.

If we somehow dont make it to the Championship Class, so should we still be able to make it into the Open class.

MIght not be as good, but its at least something.

Everyone will make it to the Open class , however it would be great to get a free BYOC-ticket ;)

Although I know that it will be hard, 12 will be chosen and there are a lot of great modders in the Scandinavia

Everyone will make it to the Open class , however it would be great to get a free BYOC-ticket ;)

Although I know that it will be hard, 12 will be chosen and there are a lot of great modders in the Scandinavia

They will only accept 64 into the Open class, on a first come first serve basis. So its not garantied to be able to get in, but it should still be somewhat easy.

Yeah, it will probally be hard to be chosen, but it would been nice to be able to compete for the full 20000 SEK.

They will only accept 64 into the Open class, on a first come first serve basis. So its not garantied to be able to get in, but it should still be somewhat easy.

Yeah, it will probally be hard to be chosen, but it would been nice to be able to compete for the full 20000 SEK.

Those 64 was just becuase they had to put a number there, altough it is not set in stone c: So I can assure you that you will be granted to get into the open class atleast!

This is the first time also, so I am pretty sure there wont show up 40+ people for the open.

Those 64 was just becuase they had to put a number there, altough it is not set in stone c: So I can assure you that you will be granted to get into the open class atleast!

This is the first time also, so I am pretty sure there wont show up 40+ people for the open.

There might not be that many that shows up with the intent of entering, but with money on the line so might people deside its worth it, since they are already there.

But I guess its just to be there early enough and you have a spot.

My current status on parts, with some unboxing/rundown stuff.

Let me know if this works or if I should change style.

That is one hell of an PSU.

Perhaps you can take an photo or make an little video of everything unpacked and layed out?

That video shows everything I got laying around, but I can make some "glamor" shots tomorrow (I need daylight to reduce image noice).

Yeah, that PSU is a hell of a thing, but my inital numbers told me that a 1600W would not be enough. I might have been wrong, but I wont change my mind now.

Awesome PSU, didn't know you could pull that much power from a regular wall socket. How did you'd think you'd need more than 1600W? Even a 1200W supply should have been fine for 3x 980ti and x99 without heavy overclocking. Not that I'm one to talk with a 1000W PSU powering only a mobo and a few HDDs right now, lol.

Awesome PSU, didn't know you could pull that much power from a regular wall socket. How did you'd think you'd need more than 1600W? Even a 1200W supply should have been fine for 3x 980ti and x99 without heavy overclocking. Not that I'm one to talk with a 1000W PSU powering only a mobo and a few HDDs right now, lol.

1000W for GPUs and CPU, 300W for cooling and storrage, 200W for LEDs, then another 100W for motherboard, USB and such.

Things adds up quickly for a very high end project like this, so I upgraded to 2000W to be 100% sure I would not overload it. Plus that way so do I know that I can overclock as far as my parts can handle.

That video shows everything I got laying around, but I can make some "glamor" shots tomorrow (I need daylight to reduce image noice.

Glamor shots, exactly the word that I couldn't find.

It you can make some that would be nice, as well as you being able to show of every nice part. :-)

1000W for GPUs and CPU, 300W for cooling and storrage, 200W for LEDs, then another 100W for motherboard, USB and such.

Things adds up quickly for a very high end project like this, so I upgraded to 2000W to be 100% sure I would not overload it. Plus that way so do I know that I can overclock as far as my parts can handle.

I did the same as you, started off with a 1000W PSU, it would have run it all, but for some overclocking I wanted a 1200+, altough 2000W will not be needed if you are not planning on doing extended overclocking. I got the EVGA 1600W now instead!