Lawsuit against school for Wi-Fi system was causing health problems

jos

Maybe you got the headache from the Cisco settings mess :P  (I've seen it myself too, not good for your mental health if you are still quite new to networking)

But then I'm fairly sure you were just too close too a source of too much radiation, but it kinda does show that in very very large amount it can have an effect. (maybe the kid sits under the device in the classroom idk)

in all the schools i been to they are above the white board. or as far away from students as possible

expect then ones in the hallway, 

...........really?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm really curious to see if there really is a true syndrom like this and then how it would work..... But also, shouldn't they instead sue the government? Because if the kid is getting harmed by 2.4Ghz radiation then walking into a kitchen with a microwave could be instant death for the kid..... And the 2.4Ghz (And 5Ghz and a few others) band are public because the governments allowed it to be so, so its then the fault of the government and not of the school....

But first, let me see some solid scientific proof for this.

I'm no scientist, but even the idea of such a syndrome existing is ridiculous. We cannot sense electromagnetic waves with the only exception being visible light. Everything else is only apparent if you get sunburnt (only weak ultraviolet does that, the school's wifi can't) or you get cancer from it. It's impossible for us to be affected by it them and I don't think the dude got cancer from it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

blind test. you don't if its on or not

requires 2 people

you don't know if its on or not.

if you have a headache you say it, then the other person tells you if on or not.

run a few trials 

Ah, that kind. No I was the only one in the office at the time, so I wasn't able to ask anyone else.

It could have been a coincidence for all know, but to me if there are 7 billion people in the world I'd bet there'd be some few who can be effected to some degree.

Also I was messing with the AP to allow both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time, so it could have been a combination as well.

Maybe you got the headache from the Cisco settings mess :P  (I've seen it myself too, not good for your mental health if you are still quite new to networking)

But then I'm fairly sure you were just too close too a source of too much radiation, but it kinda does show that in very very large amount it can have an effect. (maybe the kid sits under the device in the classroom idk)

Oh boy, yeah. The webGUI interface is overwhelming, I've since preferred using the console IOS interface instead since it's more simplistic.

in all the schools i been to they are above the white board. or as far away from students as possible

expect then ones in the hallway, 

The ones at the school I know have them right in the middle of each classroom on the ceiling.

I'm no scientist, but even the idea of such a syndrome existing is ridiculous. We cannot sense electromagnetic waves with the only exception being visible light. Everything else is only apparent if you get sunburnt (only weak ultraviolet does that, the school's wifi can't) or you get cancer from it. It's impossible for us to be affected by it them and I don't think the dude got cancer from it.

I am a scientist :P. But not on this area. But you can also feel IR radiation, which is fairly low power. So I think that extended 2.4Ghz on a very high wattage may have some effect. Not necessarily cancer, but maybe be some other chemicals react to it. I mean, water reacts so why not other fairly light molecules? Or particular side chains? Again, with prolonged high intensity exposure, not with just normal low wattage wifi. I don't think this kid has it though, he or his parents have other problems, be that mental or physical of nature.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

DAMN THIS Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity!

ustv-better-call-saul-episode-4-02.jpg

I need to get me some tinfoil like that, between high voltage lines and all the people who use wifi /s

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I am a scientist :P. But not on this area. But you can also feel IR radiation, which is fairly low power. So I think that extended 2.4Ghz on a very high wattage may have some effect. Not necessarily cancer, but maybe be some other chemicals react to it. I mean, water reacts so why not other fairly light molecules? Or particular side chains? Again, with prolonged high intensity exposure, not with just normal low wattage wifi. I don't think this kid has it though, he or his parents have other problems, be that mental or physical of nature.

feel ir? in what way?

And surely he wasn't cooking in his skin?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is what I know. The syndrome is not officially recognized.

Some people do claim that they have this, and even goes to the extent of putting a protective shielding in the walls (behind the drywall) and ceiling to block cell network and wifi network from the outside from coming in, for those who claim that are super sensitive.

Professionals thinks that it is all in their head, or it is something else can causes to be sick or what what ever may be their sympom is, and as they truly believe it is wireless signal, the fact that they are or think they are in a protected area, react as a plocebo effect and ignores the pain/side effect (or the reverse, where it creates the pain/side effect)

Maybe it is a true. Some people are sensitive to it, much like some people are sensitive to PWM driven backlight monitors.

Or maybe, it is in their head, and the fact that they received a letter with big words like 'high-density, industrial-capacity wireless system.' made them scared, and now think it is an issue, even thought and most likely, the school used marketing words just to say a normal basic office wireless router with access points, just to distinguish the old way, which was probably a simply consumer grade router or a very entry level business class wireless router that they put in the ceiling or something.

feel ir? in what way?

And surely he wasn't cooking in his skin?

infrared. The warmth you feel of the sun. And no he wasn't cooking his skin. But a microwave is used for heating food, using high wattage 2.4Ghz radiation. So say you surround your head with high power APs you'd get quite hot. But that kinda shows you that 2.4ghz radiation does interact with stuff so it could have an effect perhaps.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Maybe it is a true. Some people are sensitive to it, much like some people are sensitive to PWM driven backlight monitors.

with the monitor thing

my mom gets headaches while sitting in front of it for more then a couple hours at work.

me all day no problem.

people getting these eye strain glasses.....

with the monitor thing

my mom gets headaches while sitting in front of it for more then a couple hours at work.

me all day no problem.

I am PWM sensitive. I don't have eye strain, or headaches, but I do sense it if I use the monitor for a long period of time.

I think I am "immune" due of getting used to CRT monitors for the longest time of my childhood, and just got used to it. But, that is simply a guess. I try and avoid PWM driven display (or get really really fast ones), this includes mobile devices, which nearly, if not, all, have PWM or hybrid solution at best, as it consumes less space and costs less than a dimming circuit. Also, smaller the screen, the better it is, for me in terms of sensing it. So like a smartphone will never bother me... mind you I never sat there with my phone on my face for several hours.

From the World Health Organization (emphasis added):

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.

In other words, it's complete bunk.

with the monitor thing

me all day no problem.

I myself have had the same problem, and its to do with screen flickering. With a 60Hz CRT the headache kicks in after a couple of hours, with the same CRT at 120Hz however II had no problems (though I can actually hear the high pitched whine the monitor maeks). And its the same for my original LCD monitor, the fluorescent backlight is really annoying-though it and resolution are the only actual problems I have with it. 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

infrared. The warmth you feel of the sun. And no he wasn't cooking his skin. But a microwave is used for heating food, using high wattage 2.4Ghz radiation. So say you surround your head with high power APs you'd get quite hot. But that kinda shows you that 2.4ghz radiation does interact with stuff so it could have an effect perhaps.

oh well sure, you feel the heat - as a consequence. You don't actually detect the radiation itself. Besides I'm pretty sure the wattage he takes from the sun is way, way higher than what a router could emit.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They must have been watching Better Call Saul.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm allergic to whatever I need to be to get some lawsuit money.

Love to meet the parents. I'm guessing they are not in debt up to their eyeballs.

with the monitor thing

me all day no problem.

That's because monitors give off blue light which is the most harmful in the UV spectrum to our eyes thats why they have glasses with a UV rating  to reduce the UV light but some people are more sensitive to it than others.

That's because monitors give off blue light which is harmful to our eyes thats why they have gaming glasses to reduce the UV light but if you are used to it you probably won't have any problems.

yea............spending 15 hours a day might be the cause of that.

That's because monitors give off blue light which is the most harmful in the UV spectrum to our eyes thats why they have glasses with a UV rating  to reduce the UV light but some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Only if you use white LED backlit monitor, especially the cheapo one where there is no effort in making them more white, from light blue.

Only if you use white LED backlit monitor, especially the cheapo one where there is no effort in making them more white, from light blue.

It doesn't matter whether they are cheap or not white light is still white light which means they mixed blue, red and green in order to produce white.

It doesn't matter whether they are cheap or not white light is still white light which means they mixed blue, red and green in order to produce white.

So you are saying that looking anywhere in the day people have this problem also? The sun outputs a is pretty white light, often refereed as 'true white'.

I wonder if the 'I didn't know the coffee was that hot' lawsuit would work again but with twist to involve wifi somehow. 

-goes off to plot-

So you are saying that looking anywhere in the day people have this problem also? The sun outputs a is pretty white light, often refereed as 'true white'.

Yes but the suns light isn't artificially made, also your not going to be looking up at the sun for hours. There is a reason glasses have a UV rating and guess what, it for blue light(mostly).

Yes but the suns light isn't artificially made, also your not going to be looking up at the sun for hours. There is a reason glasses have a UV rating and guess what, it for blue light(mostly).

huh.png UV isn't about visible light

Artificially made light on the cheap is yes, crap, hence my point.

Buy GB-LED's back light, or RGB-LED (if you are a money tree) ones, or high-grade CCFL back light onea.

While you don't look at the sun directly, the light bounces everywhere in your environment, even though you have nothing glossy. So your eyes sees the same thing. Also, your monitor backlight has many layers of diffusers, and LED ones, are usually an array of LEDs at the bottom, the diffusers layers is what spread the light evenly.