Printers?

Go to solution Solved by Thx And Bye,

Something like the Dell C1760nw would be my recommendation if that is in your price range.

Or the Brother HL-3140CW if you want it a bit lower price and can live with a tiny bit worse printer overall.

What should I be looking for when I go to buy a printer. My girlfriend needs one for college, and I'd like to get her one that isn't horrendous. I've come across some pretty $#itty ones before and would like to avoid buying one again. It needs to be able to print and scan and of course copy.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

What should I be looking for when I go to buy a printer. My girlfriend needs one for college, and I'd like to get her one that isn't horrendous. I've come across some pretty $#itty ones before and would like to avoid buying one again. It needs to be able to print and scan and of course copy.

Budget? If she has an apple devices then the MG5320 (air print too) is a great inkjet and the cartridges r cheap at 123inkcartridges ive been using this printer a year and have run over 4000 sheets through it without jamming.

Otherwise i also like my colour laser canon MF8080CW

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Budget? If she has an apple devices then the MG5320 (air print too) is a great inkjet and the cartridges r cheap at 123inkcartridges ive been using this printer a year and have run over 4000 sheets through it without jamming.

It's a pc but thanks for the input. I'll check out the canon printer too.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

Basically looks for AIO printers.

HP, Epson, brother, Canon are known for it's good printers.

Make sure it has the Automatic Document Feeder (for easy scanning and copying)

Epson L550, check it out.

It has large tank system. Good for the price.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

BTW she is a college student. She needs something more compact than that monster. Thanks anyways.

It's a pc but thanks for the input. I'll check out the canon printer too.

I love both printers great quality both will work with a PC but the laser is a bit pricy, then again one black toner will last like a few thousand sheets legit.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

BTW she is a college student. She needs something more compact than that monster. Thanks anyways.

True forgot about that. Its about 40 pounds at least. lol :P

Something like the Dell C1760nw would be my recommendation if that is in your price range.

Or the Brother HL-3140CW if you want it a bit lower price and can live with a tiny bit worse printer overall.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

@Thermite oh i forgot about all the scanning and copying stuff. Sorry about that.

I would, if that is really needed, look for a flatbed scanner. (They are pretty small nowadays and can hide like anywhere)

I'm not really a fan of these all in 1 things. There is (mostly) always one component to them that is bad or doesn't work like you want it to.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

@Thermite oh i forgot about all the scanning and copying stuff. Sorry about that.

I would, if that is really needed, look for a flatbed scanner. (They are pretty small nowadays and can hide like anywhere)

I'm not really a fan of these all in 1 things. There is (mostly) always one component to them that is bad or doesn't work like you want it to.

Yea I know it really sucks how there is always one thing wrong with all of them.