760T has **** my life

MisterMeister

Recap on my Issue

MisterMeister, on 28 Aug 2015 - 6:09 PM, said:snapback.png

I recently Bought a new Case to Replace my Cooler master 330U
I Bought a Corsair 760T and since i moved my components when ever my PC is on it Interferes with Both of our TV's
any TV Channel Owned/Broadcasted by the Seven Network(Channel 7,7Mate Ect) and any TV Channel owned/broadcasted by the Nine Network (Channel 9, GO! ect)
goes all Glitchy, Lags, or sometimes cuts out

ANything owned by the Channel 10 Network and the ABC is fine and crisp with no problems

PC Specs
B85 Pro Gamer
GTX 980
i7 4790 (Not a K series)
TPlink 300mbps wifi PCI card
Corsair 760T
8GB Kingston ValueRAM
Antec HCG-520 ( 520W High Current Gamer) Continuous Power
Corsair H105 CPU Cooler ( Bought same time as 760T)

What do i do?

If i turn my computer off the problem goes away

The Computer is In a different room to both TV's
both tvs are directly across the house from each other(One at the front and back)

I never had this problem with my 330U

Please help

infamous_last, on 28 Aug 2015 - 6:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Same problem with Channel 7 over here in WA, they broadcast on a frequency that's easily interfered with by lots of equipment.
I can have my PC running on the other end of the house and it causes issues sometimes with the TV.

Beefy ferrite bead/chokes (clamp over power cable) usually reduces the problem (if not eliminate it), try and get the biggest you can and remember to loop the cable through it.

MisterMeister, on 29 Aug 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:snapback.png

I got some, it seems it fixed it, one on both ends of Computer Power cable

I'll let you know how long it keeps the signal good sometime in the Future

The Ferrite Beads Did and Didn't work

The issue i have is with 2 Networks Everything owned my Channel 7, and 9

Channel 7 was solved with Ferrite Beads but i still have a issue with channel 9

THIS ISSUE STARTED WHEN I GOT A NEW CASE!
CASE IS IN THE SAME SPOT AS MY OLD CASE
I HAD NO ISSUES BEFORE I GOT A NEW CASE
THE DAY I GOT A NEW CASE THESE ISSUES STARTED

THE PSU IS A ANTEC HCG-520
The Shit case causing the issue is shitty Corsair 760T

COrsair has lost some brownie points

Back to the 330U, Corsair better give me a refund, i paid 260$ for this shit

I got 8TB of storage, all SSD's no HDD's, Lots of money ;)

Use a wired connection?

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Use a wired connection?

how is that going to fucking cause a issue

my 330U with wifi did not do this

edit: Sorry for Language i just about got kicked out the house because i cant play my fucking games while someone trys to watch tv

how is that going to fucking cause a issue

my 330U with wifi did not do this

edit: Sorry for Language i just about got kicked out the house because i cant play my fucking games while someone trys to watch tv

Have you tried removing the wifi card like I said? It is possible that the wifi card has malfunctioned, or you knocked it or something when moving to the new case. Do not dismiss a suggestion without trying it.

Have you tried removing the wifi card like I said? It is possible that the wifi card has malfunctioned, or you knocked it or something when moving to the new case. Do not dismiss a suggestion without trying it.

malfunctioned how(in what way)? i have a wifi signal

Are you here to argue or here for help?

sorry, im a bit angry ATM

malfunctioned how(in what way)? i have a wifi signal

Just because it is not 100% broken does not mean nothing has gone wrong. I am trying to help. If you do not want to try things people are suggesting, stop asking for help.

try plugging your computer into a different breaker circuit if possible. Sounds like you might need a line conditioner if you noticed a difference with ferrites.

You need to test things, just because everything worked fine in another case doesn't mean it didn't break or move or something when moving to a new case, please be logical and expect the unexpected.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Sure its not EMI or something?

its in the boxes for me

Default format isn't just to make things simple. it is also used for people who use the night theme so we don't see a blank post. 

Also @MisterMeister no way Corsair is offering a refund, if you cannot fix it you wasted your money :P

Then i'll charge back my Debit Card Transaction

http://canada.newark.com/tripp-lite/lc1800/volt-reg-power-conditioner-surge/dp/46F2616?ost=46F2616&mckv=aEw7wiPu&CMP=KNC-GCA-GEN-SHOPPING-TRIPP-LITE&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9o-vBRCO0OLi2PfPkI8BEiQA8pdF4MoSUukSKKG4SVUth5qoimnXEQhSfcnA-MxTF2dVdNoaAhYN8P8HAQ&CAWELAID=120185770000623859

these things isolate electronics from interfering with eachother. They are pretty common and Im sure you can find a cheaper one if you look.

but seriously go through some basic trouble shooting, try turning your computer on with your router unplugged, try unplugging your wifi card, you need to figure out what is actually causing the problem.

but seriously go through some basic trouble shooting, try turning your computer on with your router unplugged, try unplugging your wifi card, you need to figure out what is actually causing the problem.

Ill first try moving back to my 330U, if the problem goes away then its the case

Ill first try moving back to my 330U, if the problem goes away then its the case

That takes much longer than doing things like wifi card... Stubborn.

BUT I have found a reason why it might be the case. All electrical components, especially motors in fans, emit radio waves. It is possible that the metal in the 330u is blocking the radio waves, whereas the plastic in the 760Ts window is allowing them to pass through and interfere with the TV.

That takes much longer than doing things like wifi card... Stubborn.

BUT I have found a reason why it might be the case. All electrical components, especially motors in fans, emit radio waves. It is possible that the metal in the 330u is blocking the radio waves, whereas the plastic in the 760Ts window is allowing them to pass through and interfere with the TV.

Bull, changing cases wouldn't (shouldn't) affect shit because all the EMI leaks from all cases anyways. Unless you put a copper mesh over it completely you're getting EMI leakage.

OP secretly and conveniently gets shit on by cable company, lolololol.

Bull, changing cases wouldn't (shouldn't) affect shit because all the EMI leaks from all cases anyways. Unless you put a copper mesh over it completely you're getting EMI leakage.

OP secretly and conveniently gets shit on by cable company, lolololol.

well my 330U had no interferance, the very next day (day i got 760T) i had this issue

OP secretly and conveniently gets shit on by cable company, lolololol.

we dont have cable in Australia

all our tv is free to watch

COuld the fact i need to use a Amplifier to get TV reception be the cause

we have shit TV Signal where i live

our old house was much better

well my 330U had no interferance, the very next day (day i got 760T) i had this issue

Still not a problem with the case, but something with your hardware not grounding to the case properly.

we dont have cable in Australia

Cable is TV dude, unless you're using satellite.

Still not a problem with the case, but something with your hardware not grounding to the case properly.

well the 760 T is fucking painted black inside and out

hard to correctly ground

well the 760 T is fucking painted black inside and out

hard to correctly ground

Oh no, paint, does nothing to hinder grounding.  :rolleyes:

OP secretly and conveniently gets shit on by cable company, lolololol.

Maybe the old case stopped JUST enough to stop interference, and this case tipped it over the edge? The cooler master one is full metal I think.

When i get to 100 posts, im selling the 760T

Maybe the old case stopped JUST enough to stop interference, and this case tipped it over the edge? The cooler master one is full metal I think.

highly doubt that. If you get EMI to fuck with something, any amount, you notice.

When i get to 100 posts, im selling the 760T

Congratulations, in the mean time why don't you rebuild your system carefully and make sure everything is going in the right way including tabs on the I/O shield so it's all properly grounded.