Why Battlefield 4 lags in smoke near building in map Siege of shanghai?

Tadziunia

Hello guys, recently upgraded my ram, to 2X8gb kingston hyper x fury black 1866mhz, because my old ram died and only 4gb simple 1333mhz patriot ram left, battlefield 4 lagged with 4gb ram, so i dicided to put 16, yea low fps and drops disappeared, but i noticed that my frame rate drops a lot in area near that central building, i get like 20fps at that spot on ultra msaa x4 1080p with my GTX 770 OC and i7 2600k 4.6ghz, in other place i get like 60-80fps+ no problem but there are some areas even though there is nothing happening i get low frame rate, strange thing, gpu usage 99% all the time at that spot and some other areas, it's strange am running windows 10, with latest drivers.

Well if the building is down, no one gets gets a good frame rate around it. I go from a solid 60 and above to low 40's. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's a relatively demanding part of that map once the building has collapsed. Also, what @Majestic said.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well if the building is down, no one gets gets a good frame rate around it. I go from a solid 60 and above to low 40's. 

it's before falling, there is one entry to the building from sea side and other from road, i get low frame rate near road and bridge

It's a relatively demanding part of that map once the building has collapsed. Also, what @Majestic said.

i get low fps near building from road  side near bridge, i can move mouse to other spot and i get like 70+fps, i move mouse bad to that spot there is nothing happening only some smoke and get like 20-25fps

it's before falling, there is one entry to the building from sea side and other from road, i get low frame rate near road and bridge

That's simply how it is; your PC isn't functioning abnormally.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

That's simply how it is; your PC isn't functioning abnormally.

that's really strange, i hadn't that problem earlier, that's really strange, GTX 770 isn't so weak can get easy 60-80+fps in other maps, but once there is some smoke it's eats a lot of fps, by the way, that's happening while building isn't colapsed yet

that's really strange, i hadn't that problem earlier, that's really strange, GTX 770 isn't so weak can get easy 60-80+fps in other maps, but once there is some smoke it's eats a lot of fps, by the way, that's happening while building isn't colapsed yet

Every map varies from one another as well varying degrees within a single map. I think you just have unrealistic expectations from your 770.

There are much more taxing games than BF4, but it is still demanding on mid-tier hardware.

If your gpu usage is at 99% then its just a part of the game, and not your pc running abnormally.

If there was a drop in gpu usage, then that would be a problem, but now all you can do is, back off on the aa, when you play on that map...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Hello guys, recently upgraded my ram, to 2X8gb kingston hyper x fury black 1866mhz, because my old ram died and only 4gb simple 1333mhz patriot ram left, battlefield 4 lagged with 4gb ram, so i dicided to put 16, yea low fps and drops disappeared, but i noticed that my frame rate drops a lot in area near that central building, i get like 20fps at that spot on ultra msaa x4 1080p with my GTX 770 OC and i7 2600k 4.6ghz, in other place i get like 60-80fps+ no problem but there are some areas even though there is nothing happening i get low frame rate, strange thing, gpu usage 99% all the time at that spot and some other areas, it's strange am running windows 10, with latest drivers.

smoke is hard to render. E.g I also get noticable framdrops on my laptop playing bfbc2 and a smoke grenade going off. It is probably just the way the frostbite engine handels smoke

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Displaying smoke is a lot more demanding than it looks...

Dice should delete that smoke at all, there are two places in that map, that's issue with performance, that smoke, don't really do anything important in that map, if that would be deleted i won't get lower 60FPS never, Am agree with you!

Dice should delete that smoke at all, there are two places in that map, that's issue with performance, that smoke, don't really do anything important in that map, if that would be deleted i won't get lower 60FPS never, Am agree with you!

they COULD have an option to turn it off... nah, it's just a 110$ game, why bother

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

they COULD have an option to turn it off... nah, it's just a 110$ game, why bother

that terible smoke is also in second assault dlc, in Firestorm map as i seen before, you can have 80fps the most , but once you turn to that useless smoke it's like 20, maybe you seen it, dunno i don't have dlc at all, so don't care, but i didn't know that such uselles thing can hit performance so hard, i had tu turn MSAA X4 to off, now i get 90-130fps, but once i get to that spot near building i get as low as40fps, not terible but still very noticible drop. agh f*** it.... still prefer bf3 instead of 4

still prefer bf3 instead of 4

And I prefer 1942 to both of them by a country mile

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Levolution will always cause FPS drops... 

I'd suggest going on servers that don't allow Levolution on those maps (can't disable the game mechanic, but can mod the server well to prevent people from doing it)