Z170 Boards (Recommendations)

Hello there fellow Homo Sapiens :P 

So now that the hype with the skylake processors is up and cpu's, motherboards and ddr4 ram modules have become kind of mainstream, I suggest that we search and generally have a pinned post up on this forum having all the z170 motherboards and their faults :P 

For example it is well known that asrock had quite some troubles with not only faulty hardware but also buggy uefi and stuff ... Having gigabyte on the first place with the mainstream ud 3-5-7 and gaming line up on the top quality (z97 at least) having a runner up asus with the typical -k, -a, deluxe, pro and then rog line up .... after that msi whoose mobos had a pretty buggy uefi at launch at least.

So that's my idea ... i hope some mods see it and maybe make a start ^_^ (would be nice to have some recommended boards and also that way we could maybe push some manufacturers raise their quality by having such a big community standing on a certain level of quality)

Z170 is just like Z97 people pick the motherboard by the set of features they want or the color scheme. All of the current Z170 mobs are great, just pick what fits

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

So i can pick AM3+ Platform :D jks aside

I am getting G7 Gaming from Gigabytes for my next build, have good experience and stable overclock on them. 

Magical Pineapples

Z170 is just like Z97 people pick the motherboard by the set of features they want or the color scheme. All of the current Z170 mobs are great, just pick what fits

Ummm actually no ... what i mean is not the features ... but bugs and quality in general !! a small guide maybe @Imakuni the same goes to your answer too :P 

What i mean is that we should gather data for some bad quality mobos ? maybe this time gigabyte has some faulty caps in productions for example .. we should guide people to which companies they should go to be sure that the mobo they get is good quality (the set of features is the type like -k -a deluxe as i mentioned earlier )

So i can pick AM3+ Platform :D jks aside

I am getting G7 Gaming from Gigabytes for my next build, have good experience and stable overclock on them. 

Exactly ... that's what i mean your experience has been good with gigabyte's mobos in terms of oc uefi and stuff ... other mobos dont really have that package ... Maybe this time gb has failed us on that part ... we should gather feedback ^_^