PC for my friend.

Muz

My not so techy friend asked me to build him a PC goodish for 1080p gaming under $1000 Australian dollars, let me know what you think and what I should change.

Btw the 'Intel Xeon E3 Gaming Bundle' includes a Xeon 1231 V3, MSI H97 Gaming 3 Mobo and x2 4GB Kingston Fury RAM modules.

e7854348ff.png

c227c41ae2.png'

EDIT: Thanks for all your feedback. I've put up a new list of recommended changes.

Edited by Muz

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

why is the xeon in a gaming bundle... dis makes no sense lol.

because it's basically an i7 that's not overclockable with HT for 20$ more than an i5

get an i5 and a 970 or 280x/380

The games he said he wanted to play are VERY CPU intense games, like Planetary Annihilation and Arma 3, he said he didnt mind running games in medium settings.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I have that fan, it gets pretty loud. The LED is not bad though.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

The games he said he wanted to play are VERY CPU intense games, like Planetary Annihilation and Arma 3, he said he didnt mind running games in medium settings.

um arma 3 isnt cpu intensive its just crap on devs.... the people I play with have all type of systems and it doesnt matter what you have it will run like shit planetary annhillation idk.. but all you need is an i5 and the best gpu you can get and the 370 wont run any of those at good medium settings

um arma 3 isnt cpu intensive its just crap on devs.... the people I play with have all type of systems and it doesnt matter what you have it will run like shit planetary annhillation idk.. but all you need is an i5 and the best gpu you can get and the 370 wont run any of those at good medium settings

I don't know jack about Haswell chips, since I have an Ivy myself. Any recommendations on which i5?

because it's basically an i7 that's not overclockable with HT for 20$ more than an i5

I know, but it just seems odd to see in a gaming bundle

I don't know jack about Haswell chips, since I have an Ivy myself. Any recommendations on which i5?

well the new i5's have a 10% jump in performance so if the price is a lot then stick with the haswell i5's since the price should be dropping

I would get a i5 4440 or a i5 4690k or a i5 6600k 

well the new i5's have a 10% jump in performance so if the price is a lot then stick with the haswell i5's since the price should be dropping

I would get a i5 4440 or a i5 4690k or a i5 6600k 

About 20 dollars extra to put in the Skylake i5, so I put that in.

I need DDR4 now since I'm putting in a skylake? Or am I being stupid?

About 20 dollars extra to put in the Skylake i5, so I put that in.

I need DDR4 now since I'm putting in a skylake? Or am I being stupid?

yea you need ddr4... they are getting cheaper so all you need is 8 gigs why dont you use pc partpicker to set up the build?

'

yea you need ddr4... they are getting cheaper so all you need is 8 gigs why dont you use pc partpicker to set up the build?

'

He just wants to all order it all at once from the same place, he lives in a rural area of AUS and doesn't have much access to shops etc.

He just wants to all order it all at once from the same place, he lives in a rural area of AUS and doesn't have much access to shops etc.

I mean use it for compatibility help so it can tell you if it will have a problem before you buy it, you dont need to use the shops there, I didnt buy using that site, I just used it to see what I wanted when I built my last system

I mean use it for compatibility help so it can tell you if it will have a problem before you buy it, you dont need to use the shops there, I didnt buy using that site, I just used it to see what I wanted when I built my last system

Alright, will use next time.

DDR4 costs more than DRR3, if I recall correctly skylake CPU's dont come with a stock cooler (Which I was going to use) 

Here is what I have ended up with.

8d68c59dd4.png

My not so techy friend asked me to build him a PC goodish for 1080p gaming under $1000 Australian dollars, let me know what you think and what I should change.

Btw the 'Intel Xeon E3 Gaming Bundle' includes a Xeon 1231 V3, MSI H97 Gaming 3 Mobo and x2 4GB Kingston Fury RAM modules.

c227c41ae2.png

Get a better power supply, better gpu and get an i5, cheapo motherboard and cheap 8GB of RAm

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

SNIP

thats is a better build but get an i5 4460 and better power supply.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

thats is a better build but get an i5 4460 and better power supply.

More watts or different brand?

a better psu like maybe a evga 500w bronze

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_535&products_id=22744

Mainly better efficiency and reliability

Alright, thanks for all your help guys.  :D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($265.00 @ Umart)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.00 @ Umart)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($73.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($70.00 @ IJK)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  ($339.00 @ Centre Com)
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.50 @ Umart)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $1012.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-31 19:29 AEST+1000

BigDay

e7854348ff.png

Why don't you go for a an Intel Pentium G3258 and over lock it with a liquid cooler.

c227c41ae2.png'

EDIT: Thanks for all your feedback. I've put up a new list of recommended changes.